“Friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #47 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property quite a few times and very one at the desk seems to be friendly. However, they go through alot of staff it seems. When I arrive they always have a bottle of water for me (I am a marriott reward member). The pool is always clean and blue. The rooms are in older condition, but the night manager said they are going to be upgrading soon. The price is great. My company only always upto $125 a night and they always seem to be right below that. Checkers is across the street so if you want something quick it is close. The only draw back to this place is that sometimes it is hard to find parking.

Room Tip: I would get the 2 bedroom suite as it give you alot of space. The rooms in the building across from...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind review about your stay at the TownePlace Suites! It's always nice to hear that we were able to meet or exceed expectations.

As the night manager noted, the hotel will go under a full renovation in the Fall of 2013. We have many exciting upgrades in the works and I hope that you will return to see the finished results.

Your loyalty is very much appriciated!

Christine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for over 20 years. They are always my "go to" brand when I'm traveling. My recent experience with this TownePlace Suites and the neighboring Residence Inn has changed that priority. For several weeks the Residence Inn held my reservation for an advance payment, internet only rate. An hour before leaving for the airport I received a phone call saying the Residence Inn was oversold and I was being moved to the TownePlace Suites next door. When our plane was delayed I called TownePlace and informed them we would be arriving very late. I was assured our reservation would be held and was even given a room number that was "blocked out" for us. When we arrived, exhausted, at 1:00 a.m. we encountered the single worse experience I've ever had at a hotel's front desk and considering the amount I travel, that's saying something. The night clerk was rude, argumentative, and seemed to take some satisfaction in telling us that since it was after midnight our reservation had been cancelled. Following a very unpleasant exchange we were given a key to the room number I had been told was blocked out. The room was in complete disarray. We had to drag our suitcases back to the lobby and begin again. With only five hours sleep before our appointments we were looking forward to at least a decent continental breakfast; again we were disappointed. While checking out I mentioned to the manager on duty what our experience had been. It was clear from her attitude why the hotel is run as poorly as it is. This property is not worthy of the Marriott name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during the check-in process at the TownePlace Suites.

It was a very confusing process as many travelers, such as yourself, was relocated from another Marriott. It's always difficult when you have last minute changes and the lines of communication are not clear.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, I hope that you would give us another opportunity.

Eden, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

So I must say I'm disappointed that this is a Marriott property because its pretty poor for one. The service received was mediocor for being a Marriott property also and I am disappointed. I to be honest always stay at Marriott and never have had an issue.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regards to your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites. I am very sorry to hear to learn that we did not meet your expectations.

We credit our sucess in the lodging to providing great service and accommodations. I have shared your review with my team and we will continue to focus on improving these areas.

Thank you for staying with us!

Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I were going to see the Yankees at Tropicana Field and wanted to make a weekend of it so I looked for Marriott hotels in the area. I really like TownePlace Suites because the 2 bedroom units are very roomy and every room has a TV. I read some of the reviews and was a little hesitant, but Marriott has never let me down before so I decided to stick with my reservations. I am so glad I did not listen to the negative reviews.

Would I stay here for a weeklong vacation with my family, not if I had small children because there is not a lot in the immediate area to occupy them. But for a long weekend, or traveling with older teens and adults, this is a really good place.

The hotel is clean and this location offers a deluxe continental breakfast (most TownPlace Suites do not offer breakfast - continental or otherwise). The staff are very friendly, professional and responsive. Check-in was a breeze and about 15 minutes after I left the front desk I received a call from the front desk. The staff was just checking to see if everything was OK and if we needed anything to help us settle in.

For those not familiar with TownPlace Suites, the rooms are suite style which means they offer sitting and cooking areas. The types are studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom. The 1 and 2 bedrooms have small kitchens with full size refrigerators, stove top and oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, pots, pans, dishes...you get the picture...and a dishwasher. These units also have a living room with a sleeper sofa.

Our unit was updated with flat screen TVs in the living room and both bedrooms. The units come with one bathroom that has the sink/toiletry area separated from the commode and bathtub/shower area by a door that locks. For longer stays the kitchen area is a real money saver. The beds are very comfortable, although my husband prefers much softer mattresses. The bedding is very nice and they offer plenty of pillows.

TownePlace Suites also offer a laundry room and fitness room. There is also an outdoor pool with a grill nearby.

The location was great for us, not too far off the 275 and right off 688. Of course if you are looking for a scenic stay this is not it. But it does have easy drive access to the beaches (straight down 688) at a very affordable price. We made it to Clearwater Beach in about 25 minutes and that included time waiting to park at the beach. It is also easy access to Tampa and Busch Gardens.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to spend a long weekend at a location not too far from the beaches or historic St. Petersburg. Also good for someone going to Tropicana Field, like us, and wanting to make a getaway out of it. Families with small children may want to go elsewhere because of its proximity to the highways and lack of activities for children.

Townplace Suites are also pet firendly for an additional $100.00, non-refundable deposit.

Room Tip: The two bedroom units sleep 4 - 6 and are always at the end of the corridors, so no noisy neighbors...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor! It's always nice to hear great feedback about your recent stay.

Our location is fantastic if you have many activities planned throughout the area. In the fall of 2012, we upgraded the beds and installed the flat screen televisions. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the upgraded. In the fall of 2013, the hotel will under go a complete renovation. We are so excited about this and the finished product is going to be fabulous!!!!

If you get back to the Clearwater area, I hope that you will stay with us again!

Warm Regards.
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was located relatively close to a prison across from a school. That in and of itself should convey that the location of this hotel was poor and more or less in the middle of nowhere. It was much longer to the beach than appeared. Although a 2 bedroom suite, it was quite cramped. As an understatement, the pull-out bed was excruciating. To put it kindly, the breakfast was spartan. The room had not exactly been cleaned on our arrival and the empty bottles that we found under the end table upon arrival were still there when we checked out.

Bottom line, the rate was about twice what it should have been.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not like our location due to the proximatey to the Pinellas County Court House. I can assure that our area is very safe and extremely popular due to the easy access to I-275 and the three main bridges.

uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

having spent four hundred dollars on a three night stay I have spent 2 hours since 7 am listening to a whining barking dog two rooms away it is audable outside and to reception but no action , they have alowed me to change rooms but the problem still exists for all other guests. suposidly a quality hotel ? Why would it have doggy rooms with nuisance certainly no place to go for a holiday unless you are a dog.

Room Tip: avoid the ones near the pool constant cild noise outside the window only come with a dog its on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to the barking dog. As a pet friendly hotel, we try very hard to please all our guests; with and without dogs. We greatly appreciate your business and sad that we did not meet your expectations.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, I hope that you will give us another chance.

Brooklawn, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in Clearwater for a few Spring Training game, and we greatly enjoyed the TownePlace Suites. It was clean, comfortable, and fairly roomy. The location was a real plus - convenient to Clearwater and the ballpark, yet close to the bridge to Tampa and accessible to St. Petersburg.

The only minor issues we had were with the bathrooms - the toilet flush was acting a bit wonky (but easily overcome), and the showers are way too short. If you are over 6 feet tall (OK, maybe 5'10") you will have to be a contortionist to use the shower.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
It is always nice to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, I certainly hope that you will stay with us again!

Christine Sieber

Been to TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater? Share your experiences!