“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a quick one night stay at this Hampton Inn. Conveniently located and only about 10-15 drive to the actual beach in Clearwater. It is an exterior entry Hampton Inn but I felt safe and actually liked the privacy that you can come and go without someone watching over you. We stayed in a 2 queen suite in the back. It had a nice size sitting area with pull out sleeper sofa and a separate area (not private) with two queen beds and it was great having a fridge and microwave in the room with a cabinet for storage. The hotel had a beautiful pool area!! Large grotto type area and the pool was huge! The newer Hamptons have such little land they don’t have this luxury. The Breakfast was your standard Hampton breakfast and was delicious! We love Hamptons because we always know what we are going to get at breakfast. The staff was very friendly and the property very clean. I also noticed a huge meeting space area looking over the spacious grounds which would be a great meeting space, party room or reception site!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review you wrote. You are correct about our meeting space as well, it is perfect for not just meetings but family and party events too. It can hold 150 people theatre style or 90 people comfortable at round tables for their receptions. We have one of the largest meeting rooms in the area and with the shutters open you look directly out onto the beautiful landscaping our courtyard has to offer. You are the first guest to ever mention the meeting room in a review as well so thank you very much for that. Maybe a family reunion is in your future, let me know and we will be sure to make it a successful one for you. Thanks again and have a great week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wasn't expecting this Hampton Inn to be so nice, so it was a great suprise. The lobby is big and nice. The breakfast area was neat, clean and spacious. The fitness room was much bigger than most. The room was comfortable and modern. Only stayed 1 night to attend conference so I didn't enjoy the pool area but the outdoors areas seemed nice too. The web site says they hallways are outside and they are but it was not a problem. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this Hampton Inn was and got a great rate too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you had a wonderful time here with us even if it was for only one evening. You need to come back when you have time so you can spend a relaxing day at the pool. It really is an Island Oasis hidden in the heart of Clearwater, with the water fall flowing over the kiddy pool as well as the hot tub. We also have the largest pool in the area with plenty of lounge chairs for you to relax in. It was great to hear that your weren't discouraged from us being an exterior property. I personally love being able to drive directly up to my room instead of lugging my suit cases thru a lobby, up an elevator and down a hall. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but to me it's such a convenience. I hope you are able to have a repeat visit with us again soon, thanks again for the review.
Toledo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean and quiet. Everything well done. Really made our vacation. The continental breakfast was quite good and the halls and steps looked good. The pool was clean and well maintained. One particular staff member Rosa, was friendly and kind to us. This is what make qreat hotels - caring staff members like her.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We just read your review and thank you so much for all your kind words. The staff works very hard to make each guest stay a perfect one and we were all pleased that your's was excellent as well. Rosa wanted me to personally thank you for mentioning her name. She really does a wonderful job not just preparing the food but keeping it stocked for everyone to enjoy. She was awarded "Associate of the Month" for August and it was very well deserved. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon.
Abington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location and the atmosphere is good. Loved the pool area, beautiful and well kept.
The rooms could be updated and brighter, otherwise, clean. Would recommend this hotel for vacation. Enjoyed the breakfast. Always plenty to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for responding about your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor. I do agree that some of the furniture items in the room could use updating and although that is not in the immediate future we do take pride in keeping the rooms extremely clean and updated with our quarterly painting program along with the Hampton Bedding. Hope you can have a repeat visit with us again before the Holiday's arrive. Thanks and have a great rest of the week.
Roselle, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My first time in Clearwater ...beautiful town with many activities for the kids and the whole family... the hotel it was great ,very clean and outstanding customer service...we really enjoyed the pool and the breakfast... every morning Rosa the lady at the breakfast room welcomed us with a friendly smile and a"good morning "...yes rooms are a little small but all we needed was a place to sleep and take a shower... i will definitely recommend this hotel to any family traveling into this area and for the money ... you cant go wrong...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on Trip Adviser. Rosa wanted me to extend a personal thank you for mentioning her name in your response as well. You are correct about some of the rooms being kind of small however we have larger one's available as well so next time you stay with us, please don't hesitate to ask the Front Desk Clerk for one of those. Our hotel is one of the larger Hampton Inn's so with 178 rooms we have many different room types and sizes available to accommadaite everyone's needs. We look forward to your next visit, thanks.
Orlando, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, however I believe the rooms need some renovating and updating, need friendly customer service reps that are there to help and assist the customer and not make the customer feel as if they are a burden.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I just read your review this morning and was so upset to hear about your stay not being perfect. There is never an excuse at our property for a lack of guest service and obviously we failed during your visit at some point and I would really like to discuss with you further where we dropped the ball. I know that it can't change how your stay was with us however I truly believe we can learn from our errors and make sure that it doesn't happen to another guest. Time is precious but if you could find a few moments to call me or if email is easier write me regarding your experience at our property it would be very much appreciated. I want to thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.

Beki.lewie@hilton.com or 727-797-8173
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

booked this hotel 3 weeks before arrival at a great rate this hotel is superb what a nice place the pool and the grounds are the people who work there are first class from housekeeping to frontdesk to maintenance this is the place you want to stay at it simply can not be beat the only very small"complaint" for people that could be a problem is the small bathroom we stayed here 2 weeks but it wasn't a problem for me and my wife this is the only place I will stay at in Clearwater every store or restaurant is available off route 19 or route 60 the beach is a 15 minute ride but if you have a car it should be no problem thanks Hampton inn for our fantastic stay see you next year for sure

Room Tip: book this hotel on Hamptoninn.com for the best rates