“good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Abington, Pennsylvania
“good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location and the atmosphere is good. Loved the pool area, beautiful and well kept.
The rooms could be updated and brighter, otherwise, clean. Would recommend this hotel for vacation. Enjoyed the breakfast. Always plenty to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks for responding about your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor. I do agree that some of the furniture items in the room could use updating and although that is not in the immediate future we do take pride in keeping the rooms extremely clean and updated with our quarterly painting program along with the Hampton Bedding. Hope you can have a repeat visit with us again before the Holiday's arrive. Thanks and have a great rest of the week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Roselle, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My first time in Clearwater ...beautiful town with many activities for the kids and the whole family... the hotel it was great ,very clean and outstanding customer service...we really enjoyed the pool and the breakfast... every morning Rosa the lady at the breakfast room welcomed us with a friendly smile and a"good morning "...yes rooms are a little small but all we needed was a place to sleep and take a shower... i will definitely recommend this hotel to any family traveling into this area and for the money ... you cant go wrong...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on Trip Adviser. Rosa wanted me to extend a personal thank you for mentioning her name in your response as well. You are correct about some of the rooms being kind of small however we have larger one's available as well so next time you stay with us, please don't hesitate to ask the Front Desk Clerk for one of those. Our hotel is one of the larger Hampton Inn's so with 178 rooms we have many different room types and sizes available to accommadaite everyone's needs. We look forward to your next visit, thanks.
Orlando, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, however I believe the rooms need some renovating and updating, need friendly customer service reps that are there to help and assist the customer and not make the customer feel as if they are a burden.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I just read your review this morning and was so upset to hear about your stay not being perfect. There is never an excuse at our property for a lack of guest service and obviously we failed during your visit at some point and I would really like to discuss with you further where we dropped the ball. I know that it can't change how your stay was with us however I truly believe we can learn from our errors and make sure that it doesn't happen to another guest. Time is precious but if you could find a few moments to call me or if email is easier write me regarding your experience at our property it would be very much appreciated. I want to thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.

Beki.lewie@hilton.com or 727-797-8173
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

booked this hotel 3 weeks before arrival at a great rate this hotel is superb what a nice place the pool and the grounds are the people who work there are first class from housekeeping to frontdesk to maintenance this is the place you want to stay at it simply can not be beat the only very small"complaint" for people that could be a problem is the small bathroom we stayed here 2 weeks but it wasn't a problem for me and my wife this is the only place I will stay at in Clearwater every store or restaurant is available off route 19 or route 60 the beach is a 15 minute ride but if you have a car it should be no problem thanks Hampton inn for our fantastic stay see you next year for sure

Room Tip: book this hotel on Hamptoninn.com for the best rates
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel and the staff was very excited to read it this morning. I agree about the bathrooms in many of our standard rooms being small, thank goodness the vanity and sink is on the outside of the bathroom though so one person can continue to get ready while the other one showers. When we renovate we are looking at our options on increasing the size. It's reviews such as yours that let the staff know their excellent service doesn't go unnoticed and we really appreciate your kind words. I look forward to meeting you next year and thanks again.
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have to say I'm super impressed that the General Manager is responding to all the reviews left for this hotel. I was shopping around for a hotel for a family reunion we're having at the end of October for an 80th birthday party for my mom who lives about 5 min. away from this hotel. Based on the reviews and the response from the GM Beki, we have a winner. I've just left a message for the sales dept to call me to see if I can set up a special rate for family needing a hotel room for that weekend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much...I was out of town all last week when you posted it and this is the first time I saw last weeks reviews. I am so glad you chose us for your family to stay at during your family reunion and you will have no worry's at all, everything will be perfect during their time here. I believe you are the group that contacted my Director of Sales yesterday and I plan on getting your number from her and contacting you personally. I remember my family reunions years ago and how it meant so much to me and now that most of my family is gone I miss the time each year we had together more than I can express. Everything will be awesome for you and I look forward to talking to you real soon.
Norcross, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Best Hampton Inn Property i've ever been to! The pool was beautiful and not to mention you are a 10 minute drive away from Clearwater Beach. Liz, at the front desk, was wonderful! The breakfast was your standard Hampton Breakfast and had a variety of items. The rooms were really nice (the bathrooms are a bit small though).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our site. Liz was so excited when she saw your review as well and wanted me to thank you for your kind words. Our team strives to give excellent customer service along with a clean comfortable room so when we get responses such as yours it really shows that our hard work is paying off. I have to agree with you about our bathrooms. A large portion of our King Standard rooms do have those smaller bathrooms and when we renovate in the future that is something we are hoping to change. Maybe before the year is over you can return for a quick get-away and enjoy another beautiful weekend with us. Have a wonderful rest of the week and thanks again.
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

From the outside this hotel look like the average but the inside and the pool area is like something from the Island, relaxing and wonderful. We really enjoy our stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your excellent review of our hotel. I 100% agree with you about the island feel when you enter the courtyard. Thanks again and hope you can have a repeat visit with us soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Clearwater Central? Share your experiences!