“survey following trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, United States
“survey following trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

very nice for the trip for my husband and I and our grandson. good value with AARP price. the breakfast was awesome - lots of good hot food food. the hospitality was great. Nice ppol and rooms. Easy access off of 19. good info on the website. friendly staff. clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I wanted to thank you for not only filling out your survey but going on Trip Adviser to write your review as well. I am so glad you both were able to spend the time with your grandson here at our hotel and your absolutly correct, the pool is nice. Especially for the young one's being able to go in a kiddy pool with a water fall. Hope you all can return very soon and hope the rest of your summer is awesome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Port St Lucie, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had trouble with our reservation on line. When we got our confirmation we were booked for the wrong night on a no refund, no cancellation price. When we called to correct this we were refunded our charge, but the room cost us more than the original price. The front desk employee was very nice and we headed for our room on the second floor only to find out there was no elevator. My husband had to carry a heavy cooler up the stairs. The remote for the TV did not work and we got an unrequested wake up call at 4:51 AM. The breakfast was very good, and when we checked out the front desk employee asked us how our stay was. We don't usually complain, but we told her what we experienced, and she gave us the room for free. That made us happy.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I already responded to your survey however I wanted to apologize once more for the reservation issue along with the wake up call happening to your room when you didn't request it. I would have been very upset myself whether at a hotel for business or pleasure, I don't want to have to get up any sooner than I had planned as well as the time it must have taken you to get back to sleep. I am glad that our front desk team was able to take care of the situation in the end and I hope when your in the Clearwater area again you stay with us. Have a great rest of the summer and hope to see you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over a weekend and were pleased overall. The pool area is very nice with a hot tub and wading area also. Rooms are small but ours was clean and adequate. Continental breakfast was good and plenty of food to choose from. Staff were pleasant and accommodating to our needs. About a 20-30 min drive to clearwater beach depending on traffic, but at least half the price of the hotels on the beach. Not much near the hotel and traffic can get bad. It is located at a strange intersection of roads. Would stay again and recommend to those looking to visit clearwater on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Adviser we really appreciate it. You are correct about the roads having a weird intersection however once the construction is complete it will all come together, it's just waiting for the completion seems to take forever. What is great is that our hotel is centrally located to so many attractions depending on which direction you go. The beach is 20-30 minutes away just like you mentioned, Busch Gardens is only 30 minutes directly the other way, malls and restuarants are minutes from us and Celebration Station is just down the road too. Thanks again for your response to not just the review but the survey as well. Have a wonderful rest of your summer and we hope to see you back soon.
The Villages, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Should have been offered either bacon and/or sausage on the breakfast buffet. Neither one was offered. When I asked if it was going to be placed on the breakfast buffet, I don't think the lady understood English very well, any way, she looked at me and kind of shook her head, muttering something.. I couldn't understand, so I just walked away.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I did receive your survey and I noticed by the scores you gave us, not only on the survey but here as well, that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. I am glad you mentioned the bacon and sausage or lack of, that wasn't on the breakfast bar during your visit because I wanted to explain why there wasn't any out. In an on going effect to offer more varity to our guests Hampton Inn has also included offering either seasoned potato's or sausage gravy & biscuits as rotating replacement options. This way guests that are staying more than 2 days have additional choices on the hot part of the breakfast bar. With that being said I completely understand if when staying at other Hampton Inn's they always offered bacon or sausage during the time you were there that it may seem that we were not doing the same. I would like to apologize for the lack of communication my breakfast hostess had with you during your stay and she wanted me to send her apologies as well. I hope that when your in the area you choose to stay with us again and when you do send me an email and we can switch up our menu a bit for your stay and make sure that meat options are offered while your with us. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your summer.
APOPKA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My son and I were visiting some family in Clearwater and we found this hotel to be well kept up and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was fresh and good variety of choices. Pool area and courtyard well landscaped and clean. We will come back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff works hard to make sure that the grounds are well maintained and you mentioning that in your survey lets them know their hard work has not gone unnoticed. We hope to see you back very soon.
Estelline, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 10 years, while visiting my mother-in-law who lives in Dunedin. We always really enjoy it! Despite its location close to two busy highways (US 19 and Gulf to Bay/60), it is incredibly quiet. The parking lot is surrounded by beautiful trees, and the courtyard also has lovely traditional Florida landscaping -- these green spaces make the hotel seem like a little oasis in the midst of a busy city. The location is also superb -- a quick easy drive from the Tampa airport, Clearwater beaches, St. Pete, Tarpon Springs, etc. Also lots of options for dining and shopping nearby. There is a great kids pool -- with a waterfall, cool shape, a little platform and steps for kids to walk around on. And it's right next to the hot tub, so parents could relax in the hot tub and keep an eye on the kids. Very nice, efficient staff. Good breakfast with lots of variety, and there are tables on the shaded patio if you like to eat breakfast outdoors. The price is always a good value, and in the summer off-season, and downright bargain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I just want to thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel and when the staff read your review they were elated. Your correct on all points that you made especially the location being close to so many places in the area. Also your point about when you are in the courtyard or by the pool area it's like you are at a carribean destination and the city as well as construction just on the other side of the wall doesn't even exist. Thanks again for the review and hope the remainder of your summer is awesome.
gainesville, fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were more impressed than last time! Check-in was quick, efficient, and friendly, the pool was great, the property is clean, the rooms are, well, hotel rooms (the ONLY disappointment was the limited TV channel selection - Here's where the Days Inn beat the Hampton), the beds are very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is fabulous.

Room Tip: You have to access the hotel from the service road 2 blocks north, or from the south via a loop road...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to here you had a great time with us again. Thanks for the review along with mentioning the channel selection. We do offer only 36 channels however they are all in HD and on 32 inch televisions. Other's have commented on the limited channels and although I am not making any promises we are looking into other options for down the road. I would like to add that we do offer pay movies and some of them are still in theatres or newly released that haven't made it to DVD yet. The prices may scare you at first because they did me, $12.95 to rent a movie however if it's still in theatres or not out on DVD it's a HUGE savings compared to having 4 people go to the movie theatre to watch it. When my family goes away we make a point to always watch one or two together which is fun especially if it's raining out. Well, thanks again and I hope to see you back real soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Clearwater Central? Share your experiences!