“Really enjoyed the balcony and fresh air!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
OnondagaHill
“Really enjoyed the balcony and fresh air!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and upon arrival I asked the clerk "Lyle" if he could give me a room with a King room. At the same moment the manager (I assume that is who he was) chimed in and stated that since I purchased the room through Priceline, they could only offer me a room with 2 beds, vs. King. I guess I could understand this if the hotel was sold out for that night(s), but the hotel was not busy. Oh well..... maybe better luck next time.
The room was very nice with clean, fresh linens and decent pillows, nice carpeting. The bed was very comfortable. Didn't like the lighting (floresent). We really enjoyed having a balcony with a sliding door that allowed fresh air in vs. having to run the A/C. That was a real plus. This hotel is basically right off the main drag in a business park that has other neighboring hotels such as La Quinta, Extended Stay, etc. I did notice alot of Marriott hotels all clustered in the same area. The Courtyard by Marriott hotel was surrounded with trees/greenery. Very peaceful setting and quiet. 2-Story building. Beautiful lobby! Lovely outdoor courtyard with pool. Definitely a super choice to stay at. We will be back in the near future. Stores/Restaurants all nearby. CrackerBarrel right down the road, Starbucks within walking distance, a good sportsbar also down the road. Very convenient to the highway and other road connections. The only disappointment we really had was that we got unlucky with our "next door room neighbor". A bunch of guys who were talking at the top of their lungs late at night, slamming doors, etc. We encountered this the both nights we were there. I think having that adjoining door to the room next to us didn't help because it seemed the noise flowed right through this door. The first night after they quieted down they must have fallen asleep with the tv on and all night long until the morning it sounded like Daffy Duck blaring, but you couldn't make out what was on tv. Funny but not funny. This was unfortunate because other than that this hotel was nice and quiet!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mcote88, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for the candid feedback on your recent stay. One of the great features of our hotel are the blacony and patio access. Almost all of our rooms have this feature. We will be completing a rooms renovation in April 2013 that will improve the room lighting, room and bath decor and new ergnomic desk and sofa seating. We are very excited about the upcoming enhancements and feel this will create a brighter and comfortabel space to relax and unwind. You mentioned that Starbucks was right down the road, The Bistro offers Starbucks specialty coffee's 24 hours a day as well. Again, great feedback on your experience and I will be sure to review your comments with my staff. Thanks so much for choosing the Courtyard and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Mike Cote

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel was very clean and the staff very nice, the bistro was a nice addition to the hotel, better then most hotel breakfasts. They also sere Starbucks coffee, rooms were pretty quiet as well

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your kind response about your recent stay. We are very excited about the Bistro and it's offerings. We continue to create some great seasonal offerings that will surely tempt your taste buds. We appreciate your comments and our staff is looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Many thanks,

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Well maintained property. Extremely clean. The courtyard has a nice pool on one end, a gazebo in the middle and outdoor sitting area. The lobby is newly renovated with the large touchscreen TV offering local points of interest, weather, news, etc. The Bistro is attentively served and provides good breakfast and dinner options. Fitness room is sparse with 2 treadmills (each with its own tv), Elliptical, bike, some dumbbells and a bench- small room. Bed was comfortable. I received an upgraded room which had a separate sitting area. I asked and I received. The property is tucked back in an access road off a main highway. You drive past a La Quinta and Fairfield Inn to reach the hotel. If you prefer dining off site there are many options within a 3 mile radius.

Room Tip: Received an upgrade to room 128. It is equipped for handicapped. Has a separate large bedroom and si...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. We are looking into expanding our fitness center in the near future and will be completing a rooms renovation in the 2nd quarter of 2013. We are very excited about the upcoming changes and hope you will come back and see our improvements. Thanks so much for choosing the Courtyard, we look forward to your next visit to Clearwater.

Lake of the Ozarks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for a quick one-night stopover, however we wouldn't have minded staying longer! The hotel is very convenient to the St. Pete/Clearwater airport. The beds and pillows were comfortable, entire property was well maintained and clean. Nice having a Starbucks in the lobby...we had their oatmeal for breakfast which was really nice after arriving at 2:30 a.m. The only drawback is that their entrance is hard to find after dark, especially if you're unfamiliar with the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mcote88, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful rating and feedback about your stay with us. We continue to look for ways to make our location easier to find. This is a common theme from any new guest trying to get to the hotel. I am glad to hear the accomodations met your needs and that your were able to enjoy a fresh Strabucks from the Bistro. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Safe travels,

Fredericton, Nb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Checked into this clean Courtyard by Marriott. Location was perfect for flying out of Clearwater airport. The location is also convenient to many shopping establishments and a short drive to the beach. The shuttle to the airport was free and prompt which was a nice amenity for us. The hotel is very clean. The business centre could use some attention, two computers were not working and when I sat down at the third one the screen went off. Normally with my laptop this isn't an issue but when you need a printer it is nice if the computers work. The room itself was clean and had what we needed including comfortable clean beds. There was nothing in this hotel that stood out and screamed "WoW" but there was also nothing that screamed "don't stay here" either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the lack of working computers in our business center during your stay. We have addressed the issue with our IT team and we are operating at full speed. We will start a full rooms renovation in April 2013 and hope you will give us another opportunity to create the "WOW" factor. Hope to see you soon!

Bella Vista, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was really concerned when I read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp regarding this Courtyard, especially the review about rooms looking like they were from a dated Comfort Inn or Super 8... and the review about fleas in the guy's room!? Yikes! When we drove up I was nervous again when I saw that this was the "old style" Courtyard Marriott, rather than a newer property. I am Marriott Gold this year (although I doubt I'll maintain it for 2013) and have high expectations for the Courtyard brand.

The lobby, however, has been renovated and is probably the only hotel lobby where I would feel comfortable just sitting and hanging out. Hallways still have the old carpet, but my room appears to have been recently renovated too. Nice dark blue carpets, plenty of power outlets, fast internet, comfortable bed. Hard to complain!

My only legitimate complaint as a business traveler is the desk chair -- it is not in any way ergonomic. I would like a chair that would allow me to sit comfortably and work at my desk. As I write this I have a bad pain in my back because the chair (at it's highest) sits about 6 inches off the floor and my hands are level with my chest to type. Not ideal. Replacing these chairs would go a long way towards a better review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marriott Gold Elite Member,

Thank you for your candid feedback about your stay. Unfortnately, the comments and pics on Yelp have been their a long time and we take those comments very seriously. We are very excited about the new lobby space as it does provide a better environment for relaxing and catching up from the business day. As a valued Elite Member and one that stays at Courtyard throughout the country, the desk chair height is a common topic. We will be renovating the guest rooms in April and will be addressing the desk chairs. In the interim, if you travel back our way, we have several rooms with the upgraded chair. We would be happy to get one to ensure your comfortable and productive. Thanks so much for choosing the Courtyard St Petersburg/Clearwater and I appreciate your loyalty as a Gold Elite Member.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is located not far from the first exit off of I-275 after you cross the bridge from Tampa Bay. They offered a great weekend rate that I took advantage of on a Saturday night. There are a couple of fast food restaurants that you can walk to from the hotel, including a Chick-fil-a. This hotel was about 30 minutes from the beach and less than 30 minutes to the airport at non-peak traffic hours.

The hotel was quiet and in a safe area adjacent to some other hotels and office buildings. I would stay here again if I were in this area. I left very early in the morning and felt safe in the dark parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
mcote88, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. I know you have plent y of choices in Clearwater. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel plans bring you back to Clearwater.

Kind regards,

Mike

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater? Share your experiences!