“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and we enjoyed it just as much this time as we did in 2012.
The setting on the beach front is fantastic, the room was spotless and the staff are very helpful and polite.
The IHOP attached to the hotel is an added bonus and you have got to have a drink from the Tikki bar and watch the sunset. Absolutely fantastic.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Buckingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

good location, friendly staff, big rooms, well cleaned, good bathroom, comfy bed.
couldn't fault the place.

Check in was very quick and hassle free.

Reception called us a taxi most evenings and were happy to change up money for us when asked.

Would stay here again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I chose this hotel because I am a Choice Diamond traveler and wanted something on the beach. I was a little concerned about some of the reviews I read, particualrly concerning the size of the pool and private beach area, but elected to go ahead with the reservation. Here are the highlights:

1. Get a room with a full water view. It is worth it.

2. The room was good sized with a good air conditioning. As the outside temps were in the 90's this was very important.

3. I could imagine the pool / beach area getting very crowded on the weekends, but both were perfect during the week.

4. I found the pool and beach area to be very clean, and the pool temp was perfect.

5. I was disappointed in the run-runner drinks, having read on some other reviews how strong they were. I did not find this to be the case. They were very refreshing, but was not impressed with the alcoholic content.

6. The best part of the stay, however, was the hotel staff. They were fantastic. From suggesting restaurants to helping me ship some items, they went above and beyond the norm, and did a lot to add to the enjoyment of my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Quality Hotel on the Beach is a hotel from the Choice Hotels chain. Quality Inn. This hotel is considered a "motel" by definition but it has been brought up a notch to make it feel a little more than a tiny little motel by the beach. We were checked in early (1:30 PM) when check in is actually for 3:00 PM, the front desk staff was friendly and informative about what the hotel offers. Please make a note about the fact that you will pay for parking at this and any other hotel in Clearwater, parking is at a premium along the beach. We paid $10.00 per day to be able to park on the little parking lot (which is "semi-private") part of it belongs to the city and the other part to the hotel. The hotel has 3 sides, you will either pay for a "partial ocean view" or an "ocean View" please note that any room that is on the right side of the building will face an apartment building next door to the property that offers a "peek" at the ocean from the side of your small balcony. This is considered the "partial ocean view" on the left will be the other partial view of the ocean with a big old parking lot as the main view and then of course there is the "ocean view" which places you in the rear of the building where the beach is. This place is small, small balcony, small rooms, small bathrooms, small, small, small. But let's face it! Who goes to the beach to be in the room and pay attention to this stuff.....go out there and enjoy the pool and the beach access. (more on the beach a little later) The rooms - The rooms are clean, small and offer a safe (something not found on most Quality hotels) the bathroom is small and features two active suction exhausts. The shower features a curved shower rod with a shower curtain that has a mesh on top to allow for light to access the tub area. Once again, this place is small, if you are a big guy or a large gal, you will have some trouble maneuvering through this hotel room. The bed was clean and the linens were fresh, the balcony is small and not very comfortable to be in since the other side of the A\C is directly on your feet. The hot air from the A\C compressor mixed with the heat of the beautiful Clearwater air makes being outside on your balcony a thing to be left for others. The room was big enough for my wife, my 10 month old (playpen) and myself. If you have big kids and more than 1....go somewhere else. The beach and the pool- The beach is a small beach that is surrounded by rocks, the actual beach is acceptable, however because it is semi-private you do not have it all yourself. Boaters on the weekends, like to park their boats directly off the channel which places then right on the beach.....they were not a problem for us but if you want peace and quiet....go somewhere else. The pool is clean and has maximum depth of 8 feet. It was full of families. We did not use it. Housekeeping was great and attentive. Front desk was prompt to address our concerns. Note - Ask the front desk for pool towels, the provide them free of charge. Free wifi. Overall, I would go back here if I am on a tight budget and want to spend some time on the beach and enjoy a drink by the pool. If I had a little extra money I would stay somewhere else. The place is clean, acceptable and fits a budget. Ice machines are located on the 1st and 4th floor. There is a laundromat on site for a small fee. Reach out to me if you want to know more details. I am always willing to help :)

Room Tip: Choose to have a room on the highest available floor, the noise from the pool and the parking lot an...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I just spent a week here & everything was perfect!! The ocean view room had a beautiful view and was clean & ready for me to check in early, the food was great & Chris at the front desk was awesome! I defiantly plan on staying here again next year!

• Stayed August 2014
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I just got back from a week-long stay at the Quality Hotel on the Beach. I must say that the staff there is amazing, especially Chris at the front desk. He recommended everything from restaurants (Jimmy's Iguana Bar) to attractions (Caladesi Island) to boat rentals for us. Just so nice and accommodating. We moved rooms a few times when we first got there as we were not happy with our first selection (it faced a wall and had virtually no view). The staff helped us find a better room with a partial ocean view for only $10 more per night. The rooms all have balconies with microwaves and mini fridges which is great. The location is awesome, right within walking distance to everything. We are in our mid twenties so we enjoyed the party atmosphere during the weekend at the beach with the locals, one thing I would recommend is to check out Sand Key Park - the diving there is amazing (we saw lots of tropical fish, dolphins, and manatees). I could go on forever! Thank you Quality Hotel for an amazing stay we will never forget.

Room Tip: Room 303 was great, near the elevator but could not hear anything and there is only a room on the on...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

my family and I stayed at your hotel last week, and I was very impressed by the service from both housekeeping and front desk agents. Especially Chris at the front desk, accommodated me and my family and informed us of the many attractions and nearby restaurants. I work at a Quality Hotel here in Montreal at the front desk and I understand how stressful and difficult it can be at times, this is why I took the time to express how great this staff is. The room was clean, the water was warm, and the entertainment of the band on Sunday was great as well. After our 7 day stay, we then went to Daytona, were we did not experience the same service as this hotel, and we were a little disappointed and wished we would have stayed there longer. We will definitely be coming back to your hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: The pool should not close at 10:00pm, i noticed the hotel next door does not close.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel On the Beach? Share your experiences!