“Top Quality Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Balloch, United Kingdom
“Top Quality Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Fantastic service, spotlessly clean, extremely comfortable beds. Beach is superb, clean, private, quiet and very relaxing. Pool excellent, towels provided, toilets ultra clean. Free wifi, as much coffee as you like. IHOP attached to hotel, best service ever. All staff in hotel very accommodating, check in and out service top class would definitely recommend and will return myself. Room is equipt with everything you need tv, fridge, freezer, microwave, hair dryer, iron. 5 star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

If your coming to Clearwater Beach expecting the broad beaches just south of here in Pinellas County, look further. On the other hand if your looking for clean, quiet rooms that are reasonably priced this could be your pick. Our disappointment was that you cannot go for long beach walks here. We'll head further south.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Clearwater Beach, so this was a leap of faith based on Trip Advisor reviews. Overall, we were happy with our choice. (Note: If you are looking for a place to stay, accommodations in the area are not all "on the beach." Many are older hotels and motels within walking distance, but with no view of the beach at all.) We chose this Quality Hotel because it offered a Gulf View room, on an angled side of building, If we are going to the beach, we would like to actually SEE THE BEACH from our room, and we enjoy sitting out on the balcony for happy hour. We noted when at the pool area that the rooms facing the gulf were also right above the pool, so would probably be noisier. Room was clean and reasonably priced. Parking is $10 per day, but once we parked we never moved the car until we checked out. There is a "Jolly Trolley" that will take you to your destination for $2 per person, per trip, or $4.50 per person unlimited for the day. We bought the unlimited pass for the afternoon of check-in to ride the whole route and get the lay of the land, then also rode it to and from dinner that night. The beach area is small as this hotel is actually located on the inlet, but that was adequate for us to enjoy and it was fun to watch all of the boats come and go. The larger, traditional beach area is located closer to Pier 60, which you can walk to (3/4 mile) or take the trolley. Beds were very firm, best for back sleepers. Con of the hotel was that it is 2 doors down from Shepherd's live band, so you can hear the bass from their live band cranking until the wee hours of the morning. Staff was attentive and friendly. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Get a Gulf View room on 3rd floor or above, as not to have your view blocked by the Tiki...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We originally had our vacation plan to stay in Daytona Beach for the week however things did not work out so after spending a night in our car we were going to head home. My husband wanted me to see Clearwater beach on our way home and stay at least one night. We ended up here at the Quality Inn. From the moment we walked in they treated us like we were the most important people in the world. Extremely welcoming!! The room was very clean and comfortable. The atmosphere awesome with the Tiki bar and the beach right on the property. Our 1 night ended up as 3!! The location is perfect with not only the private beach right there at the hotel but if you are looking for a bigger beach you have two choices that are not very far away. Any places to eat are all within walking distance as well as a couple small stores. You can watch the boats pass which is really neat as well as Dolphins swimming both in the morning and at night!! We will definitely be returning next year and I highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: We chose the Gulf view room and you could see both the beaches as well as the street!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed August 2012 for our anniversary. We booked online and were satisfied with the hotel. We were able to check in somewhat early and start our day early. The hotel is somewhat renovated and clean. We had a nice beach view with a large balcony, that was enjoyable. The pool was nice, but pretty crowded and with lots of children. The beach was alright. There were lots of rocks and boats docked on the weekend right in front of the hotel. I was not a fan of that. The water was not that pretty in this area and it felt like more of the "bay" than the "ocean", but it was mostly private. There is no breakfast, but there is an IHOP onsite, which was convenient, if you don't mind that kind of food. Parking is free, but limited. If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel right on the beach, then this is for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when I was told by family that they booked rooms at this hotel since I typically like to stay and book my own at higher end hotels to ensure quality and cleanliness but I had to understand and go with the glow on this family get together.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised, yes the rooms could use a little upgrade on carpet and decor' but it was actually clean and beds were decent!

I saw that some reviews complained about the small beach front but we really enjoyed that, I enjoyed that the hotel had a bar right there on beach too and the pool. We went up one day to the big crowded beach but that was enough and the rest of time we just enjoyed the hotel beach front and beach front pool! The staff out by bar, pool, and beach were great!

Hey if you want beach front value, don't mind ugly old green carpet, comfy beds, and most important cleanliness, then no reason not to stay here. If you have kids like I do then they will love it as my 8 year old and 13 year old girls did.

I had a bad experience in another city on my way to CWB at another mid level they booked at and I swore once I got to CWB I would be calling the Hilton or Hyatt but this place really was a surprise and I am glad we stayed here!

• Stayed July 2013
Hibbing, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is situated on a part of the canal that opens into the gulf. They have a sandy swimming area and you can walk down to a couple other hotels. They have a tiki bar with typical bar food and drinks. The hotel is outdated, but the accommodations are nice. Hotel is clean, staff is courteous. You pay to park your car there, pay to use an umbrella or chair on the beach. The pool is small, but nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel On the Beach? Share your experiences!