“Hotel closed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Albatross Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Albatross Motel
You added Albatross Motel to your Saves list
346 Hamden Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #76 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Hotel closed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

Like most of the hotels on Hamden Drive, on Coronado St. and on GulfView Blvd., this hotel has been sold to build condominiums. Those hotels are all gonna be replaced by 2006 so be sure to call to be sure it still exist.

Stayed July 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Jeffersonville Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2005

We have stayed at the Albatross for the past several years. Our family stayed there many years ago. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences at the Albatross. No, it is not the Hilton, but it totally suits every need that we have and the owners have been more than accommodating. When we call back to sched the next years vacation, they always remember us and seem excited to have us return. The rooms are clean and they seemingly do what many other hotels do. They try to conserve water and energy by not stripping the beds everyday. I have seen this at the large, expensive hotels too.
They are located 1 block from the beach and have a great pool area for days when ya just want to lay low.

Give em' a try!

rachel

• Stayed June 2004
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2004

This property's exterior looks fine with its well-kept grassy garden area, small pool, and lounge chairs. But its rooms and attitudes of the owners tell a different story.

While the kitchenette unit may be sufficiently sized, the beds were so worn out they were concaved and squeeked loudly. The bed sheets were worn to the point of feeling rough, and the room air conditioner was so noisy you had to turn it off at night to sleep!

Upon return to our unit at 6 PM, I noticed the bedding wasn't changed, but someone had entered the room just to empty out the kitchen waste basket. When I inquired why the sheets weren't change, the female co-owner told me, "This is not a hotel, these are apartment units." I replied, "You're the only motel I know of that doesn't have daily maid service." Upon exiting the office, she then laughed at me!

Upon checkout, I complimented the owners on the motel's nice garden area, and suggested they replace the beds and sheets. The lady was surprised at my suggestion, and didn't think they were in need of replacement.

Guests were friendly as everyone greets each other with a hello or good morning. I had a lively conversation with some of our neighbors during one rainy evening.

But if you can identify with the owners' rude, cold and calculating German culture, in addition to being cheap, go ahead and stay here. Otherwise, there are plenty of other choices for the same $$.

• Stayed June 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2004

Reserved a room for 2 nights. Took my 2 lb dog with me. Should of mentioned this when i got there. I was not going to take my dog. Well if you book a room at most of these private owned motels and don't cancel on time, you are charged. Well the person who was going to take care of my dog could not so i had to take her. Everything was fine the first night but the next morning the owner knocked on the door and asked if he could get me anything and then asked if i had a dog. I said yes and he said, sorry there are no pets allowed and you will have to leave. This was around noon. I over heard his wife telling other people in the hotel the situation and i thought that was very un professional.
She was very rude to me and called me a liar because i did not mention my dog. I just feel i was treated badly as i do know it was my fault.
They handled the situation poorly and even chargd me for the other night . I paid $144 for one night of staying. I will never ever stay in this hotel again even if it is the last hotel with a room available.
Also be ware they are very nosey. They watch you like a hawk. This is sad as you pay for your room and want your privacy ...... They live on the property which makes it hard to feel at ease. The hotel itself was convenient and close to everything. Just be careful if you have a 2 lb dog. LOL My fault.........

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2004

This is a great little place. It is two blocks from the beach, but very convenient walking to beach, restaurants, shops, etc. It is very clean, with a beautiful little heated pool. The rooms are not fancy, but then who spends a lot of time in their rooms at the beach? The live-in owners are German, so the hotel often has foreign guests. No spring-break students are allowed. It is a great value for staying in Clearwater Beach.

Been to Albatross Motel? Share your experiences!