“Okay, beach front, you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   421 South Gulfview Boulevard, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #58 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Okay, beach front, you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Went here for a family reunion, and decided I wanted to stay near the beach by myself. The hotel was nice, but we got to the room (mind you there was no elevator to get to our room), there were clothes in the room from people already staying there. Staff apologized and they cleaned the room. The next night, the shower would not stop dripping and their breakfast was cold cereal and packaged danish. I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: get a room that faces the beach, and has an elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

What a wonderful hotel. Doesnt look too great from the outside but the rooms were way bigger than expected, spacious and comfortable. They were always made up immaculately. The pool was average but didnt mind as the hotel was just across the road from the beach. Had chairs so you could sit outside the room and watch pool/beach. Would definatley stay here again for the price i paid

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The only thing good about this hotel is the location from the beach. We arrived here at the hotel, the handle was broke on the door, the sofa bed was broke we weren't going to complain because things happen but the second to last night we found a cockroach. The next morning we decided to check out a day early and they wouldn't refund us our money. The only thing we wanted was for the final night refunded. Was this too much to ask........

• Stayed June 2014
west milford, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We visited the Magnuson from 6/28-7/1/2014. This hotel wasn't a Hyatt or Hilton but it had great beach access and a friendly enough staff. The pool is decent and clean and the family suite was perfectly sized for my family's needs. Although the whole hotel could use a face lift (our shower needed the strength or 2 men to turn the water on), it was cheap and convenient. I wouldn't stay again just because I would rather spend a little more for a nicer room BUT I don't regret staying here.

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I'm not very impressed with my stay here.
First i'll start by listing the negative things about this place and then the positive.
The door knob continues to fall off. Housekeeping isn't very friendly and gave us damp towels. No blankets or sheets were provided for the pull out sofa bed, which broke when we pulled it out. I immediately tried to close it because it was absolutely disgusting inside. I mean down right gross. The carpet is very old and nasty as well. They put an extra hold on my debit card which the desk clerk couldn't even see on her computer. I would not have known this if I didn't have online banking. It was an extra $250, money that I needed for my vacation. I talked to the manager and he said they didn't do that but it clearly reflected on my online bank statement. There was also no balcony, which is a plus to me when you're staying at the beach. The linens were very out of date and hideous. The tv was very small and only one in the one room. No AC in the room where the pull out sofa was either.
Now for the positives. The location can't be beat. It's excellent. There's plenty of room. The beds were clean and somewhat comfortable. The bathroom and kitchenette were both clean.
The price for this location was very reasonable.
This place wouldn't be bad if they would just do some upgrades like the bedding and sofa bed.
The pool was very nice and clean too. The air conditioner worked very well.
It was a very quiet, peaceful place.

Room Tip: I don't recommend the rooms on the main street side, the side away from the beach. The street n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Life does'nt get better than after travelling 18 hours+ and three flights plus 2 hrs immigration hassle than to be met by Raymond's beaming smile.Once he found out that it was our 40th anniversary ,he put us in to a top floor family suite with both beach and bay views..Yes the hotel is a bit dated, but the position and the staff make up for any slight deficiencies..Clearwater needs more places like this. A big thumbs up to Ray and all his staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Waverly, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Beautiful place to stay. Friendly staff. Home away from home!!! Everything is right here! Shopping , Swimming, Beaching, Restaurant's, close to Winter the
Dolphin .And the price is right! I tell all my friend's and Family about the Magnuson Hotel, It's clean and comfy. I plan to go there again soon! Thank You , owner Martin , Clerk Raymond, and Ralph. Also Thank You to the staff . :) Miss all of you!!! Staff was so friendly ...

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, corner suites are large and sunny, and Higher floors have less...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Beach? Share your experiences!