“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   13260 34th Street, N, Clearwater, FL 33762   |
Ranked #69 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2005

Stayed here last weekend. Rate was 43.99 for a king room. Room 301 was CLEAN, freshly painted, new carpet, clean bathroom, good matress. Very small pillows and when I asked for an extra one, I was told "no". Room had a microwave and refrigerator. Pool area is small and is on the north side of the building so it gets no sun in the winter. Short drive to shopping and resturants. McDonalds, Taco Bell and convenience store in front of hotel. Bob Evans across street. Overall, a good value.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2004

I have travelled many hotels, however, I was impressed with this one, clean rooms, friendly and courteous staff, and free internet and free local calls for under 50 Bucks.

Jay

Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

I thought I'd submit my review, so you guys could get an update on how this Super 8 is doing in 2004. I stayed here as a last minute change of plans from another Super 8 in Tampa, and I am glad I did (not because the other one was bad, but because of how nice this little place was). I was in town for training with a new job, and was told I could move to a nicer hotel if I didn't like this place, and I never took them up on that offer. I stayed for almost 2 weeks, so I had a chance to really see how things work. The people there ALL were really nice and seemed to really care that you enjoy your stay. My room was quite roomy for an inexpensive place. They had painted the bathtub, which I thought looked a tad unprofessional, but considering everything else, I think it was fine. There was a computer in the lobby connected to the internet and was only $1 per 1/4 hour to use, and I was able to surf the net and check email at will 24/7. The computer was a normal HP and you just told the front desk you were using. They always charged me less than they could have. For $4 an hour, you can't beat it. The hotel had just installed a brand new 4 person jacuzzi next to their sparkling pool (I'm not kidding, I have been to some of the nicest pools on earth, and this was a nice hotel pool area, complete with light music in the background). Although I didn't use it, the management told me they have wireless internet access. My King size room also included a RECLINER, fridge and microwave. Cont. breakfast was good each morning, and there is a McDonald's literally right in front of the parking lot if you want a bigger breakfast. I was there the week Charley was headed to town (which it decided to miss us) and the staff told us we could stay with them until police made us leave. I came back the next night to my same room. OH, room service was fantastic, changing my towels and freshening the room every day like clockwork. I told my wife when I came home these people really seemed to care about making their hotel better than the normal cheap hotel. The good news is, it was still cheap price-wise. If I am ever in the Tampa area again, I no doubt will try to stay at the Super 8 Clearwater.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2003

This place was very clean, great rates and service. I love it. Will definitely recomend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2002

It is a motel which gives you a value for your money. They have a excellent staff which provides you with great service. The rooms are clean and neat. This is the best super 8 ive ever stayed in. Will stay there again if opportunity arrises.

Been to Super 8 St. Petersburg / Clearwater Int Airport? Share your experiences!