“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights.

Hotel is in a good location and has great views over the gulf, especially for sunset.

Our room was comfortable with fridge, microwave and small kitchen area if you need it.

For breakfasts we used the IHOP (out of the front door and turn right, maybe 100 yards away).

Only negative things we could say is the air conditioning is close to the bed and was a little noisy at night and directly below our room was the small stage area for music until around 11pm, if this is an issue I'm sure they would move you away from it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-ClwrBeach, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting -- you had a long way to travel!

We're pleased you enjoyed our facilities and the convenience of the fridge and microwave. And happy that you found our location so convenient to all the action of Clearwater.

We look forward to future visits and hope you can return soon!

Kind regards,

Christine Bottger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites this past week for one night as I was presenting to a group at a luncheon in their event center the following morning.

Upon arrival the hotel is OK, nothing exciting, nothing to turn me off. The Front Desk team was friendly enough, checked me in and pointed out the pool, entertainment, restaurant and directed me to my room. I asked if I had a water view and was told 'they' (my hosts) had requested a city view. (Odd for someone trying to sell me on bringing business to Clearwater).

The room again was OK, clean, plenty of storage space, coffee maker, iron, microwave and refrigerator... the 'city view' was a view of the side parking lot and another building, The door to the balcony seemed to be bolted shut.

I went down stairs and asked if I could upgrade to a Gulf View room. I was told that the door had a latch on it and was assured it opened, Four screws in the lock panel told me otherwise... but I was only there for one night and wanted to enjoy the view; so I paid to upgrade to a Gulf View room.

The second room, again was clean and comfortable, well appointed and was directly above the pool, tiki hut and had an AMAZING view of the Gulf. Well work the upgraded price, Truthfully at 30% occupancy (I asked) you would think they would want everyone in a Gulf view room as it is truly their biggest selling point.

Staff was pleasant, breakfast in the restaurant was tasty, service was quick and friendly and it was reasonably priced.

The adjoining banquet facility was a BIG surprise - nice sized, beautifully appointed, AMAZING views of the Gulf, great service and food was good....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay.

We do appreciate the feedback you provided on the accommodations and sorry if we disappointed you. Customer service is very important to us and this has been addressed already in a staff meeting.

On the good side, we're pleased you enjoyed the pool, resort amenities, views and food - and that our convention center "wowed" you. We do hope you'll be able to return and enjoy some actual vacation time since it's an easy drive away.

Kind regards from:

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I didn't feel like the staff was friendly. I am a priority club member and stay at many Holiday Inn property. Usually they greet me with a smile and a welcome me with a bottle water. I didn't get either one. I am really disappointed with price I had paid and didn't get what I expected.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Applebottomjean,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The service was amazing, especially awesome Amy and Tom. The pool area was beautiful with plenty of seating. Great view of the gulf without a beachfront we were bumped, however it was a very short walk to the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking time to review your stay. We let Tom and Amy know you were pleased with their service!

Glad you enjoyed the resort, our pool, nearness to beach, and stunning views. Hopefully, these add up to reasons to return soon!

Thanks again and have a great fall.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a long weekend to spend with my sister and I chose this hotel to try something different from the Quality Hotel a couple hotels away( wish I loved a month earlier). The room was on 9th floor with a fantastic view. I was surprised that we had an adjoining room with a kitchen, living room and another bathroom. We didn't need that room but the bathroom came in handy! The first night I couldn't sleep so my sister switched beds with me do I could sleep, but then she couldn't. The one bed was like sleeping on the floor!
The hotel isn't on the beach, but its a short walk to beach and pretty close to everything we wanted to do, including Pier 60 and shopping.
It was nice having Jimmy's Fish House right there with live entertainment. The trio appetizer was yummy and the blue margarita was enough for two (or more!).
My disappointments were the pool security men. After walking everywhere we sat at the pool steps with just our feet in the water and was told we couldn't bc it was after 11:00. It was 11:01! The next night a lady was swimming all over the pool at midnight and never was told to leave so on our last night we put our feet in the kiddie pool and was immediately told we couldn't.
Another con is the balcony. Though beautiful and roomy, the heat blowing from loud air unit was so unbearable we had to sit close to door with door open for some air!

• Stayed September 2013
GM-ClwrBeach, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks so much for taking time to review your stay from last month.

We agree with you - the balcony views are spectacular, any time of day or night. Glad you enjoyed the resort atmosphere and Jimmy's. Sorry you were inconvenienced by late-night hour usage of the pool. That person you saw swimming at midnight obviously got away with it because our security people are pretty consistently on the watch.

Sure hope you can come back again soon to visit. Stay in touch with us on Facebook please! Have a nice fall.

Kind regards,

Erial, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Reserved the room that wife and I try to get each year for our anniversary. Upon check-in Joan was very friendly, pleasant, professional and made sure we had the right room.
Within a half hour of getting to "our" room we were on the balcony and had a dolphin swimming in the shallow clear water about 20 feet off shore. First time we were able to see one other than just surfacing and it greatly added to the pleasure of this stay.
Dinner at Jimmy's was a disappointment this time but it may have been miscommunication with the server. Music was good to listen to from our 6th floor balcony but had wished the volume had lowered after ten but it stopped about 11:15
We really feel relaxed when here and I doubt that there's a reasonable request that any worker would refused.
If we're not back sooner we'll be back next September

Room Tip: If you want a balcony overlooking the Gulf your going to pay more, if you prefer to save some you ca...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
How nice of you to review your September stay with us. We appreciate your kind words, because we want all our guests to feel at home!

Joan thanks you for the compliment. We are fortunate to have her as a dedicated staff member.
Glad you enjoyed the resort features, including the relaxed atmosphere. We hope Jimmy's was able to resolve your concern of your order. Management is always looking to make guests satisfied.

So glad we'll see you next September! Please stay in touch with us on our Facebook page - and have a great fall!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were overall very happy with our stay in this hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms newer and clean and spacious. The fish house restaurant and the small coffee shop were just ok, although the ambiance and the look of the restaurant was really nice, water-side in the evenings, tiki bar hut and live entertainment. Good hotel for families.
The only drawback is that this beach overlooks the ocean, but does not have any beachfront. The beach itself is a 5- minute walk. The pool area is nice and my husband enjoyed being under the palms for shade. The hotel is on the southern tip of Clearwater beach, but you can easily drive everywhere, and there is a bus that goes up and down the strip. Note that there is a $12 parking fee per day and they do check to ensure beach parkers are getting by without paying. Parking must be paid for everywhere in CB.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for writing a review of your September stay. We love our visitors from Chicago - they always seem to have so much fun!

Glad you enjoyed the resort's many features including the beautiful tiki deck and our nightly music. You are right, it is an easy trolley ride to so many areas of the beach. Always a reason to come back and we hope you will return as soon as you can.

Love to have you stay in touch with us on our Facebook page as well.

All the best,

Christine Bottger

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach? Share your experiences!