“Pleasurable experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Georgia
“Pleasurable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Though I did not get the opportunity to stay at this hotel, I wanted to let other customers know of the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at this location. I had made reservations 6 months in advance for Christmas travel, and ended up canceling at the last minute, but through each step their staff was polite and completely understanding. I will be choosing this hotel again when I do decide to go visit family.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The other reviewer was right. You do get what you pay for.

Positives: inexpensive
within walking distance of several great restaurants.
Friendly staff
Better than average free breakfast
Looks like hotel has recently been updated
Restaurant and bar onsite

Negatives: good thing you can walk to the restaurants because it is located on the corner of two very busy hwys/roads which are difficult to navigate
The updates to the hotel seemed cheap- mismatched tiles in the bathroom, painted over flaws on doors and walls instead of repairing them
Dirty grout in the bathroom
Sleep number beds were LOUD every times husband rolled over it woke us both up
We had a room next to the parking lot and could hear every person walk by- speaking in normal tones- not yelling.

Very happy to be sleeping in my own bed again.

Stayed December 2014
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your response. I will be sure to pass these issues onto our GM and he can address the departments needed. We do hope we get to make things right on your next visit to Clearwater. Thank you!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was a getaway during the holidays. My friend and I decided to take off for Thanksgiving holiday and since we are both single, we thought this was a grand time to hang out at the Beach. I booked this hotel through Choice Hotels website, and was happy with the value. It was close to the beach (Clearwater Beach) and did I mention the value was great?

Restaurant:
They had a restaurant onsite, which made fairly decent food. The evening meals were nothing to rave about. The bar was quiet, but honestly that's what my friend and I were looking for. A nice quiet place to decompress from busy Atlanta life. The bartenders were friendly. They were an older husband and wife team. They were hard working because they worked the restuarant every evening and came back at 5am to make the full breakfast spread. The breakfast spread was phenomenal. A buffet of yummy food. If my memory serves me right, there were: bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, pancakes, fruit, muffins, cereal, yogurt, oh my oh my I could go on but I wont. They made it worth getting up at 600am to be the first to 630am breakfast.

The Room
The room was average. We were delighted to see the "Sleep Number" beds, but unfortunately our beds didn't work. I thought that was odd to have two beds, and neither one of them worked.

Staff
Nice, down home staff. No complaints. The bartenders/restaurant staff was a pleasure!

Overall
This hotel was very nice and good for the value. Clean pool, clean everything. Beautiful foyer/lobby area. It was very quiet and near to alot of shops there That was a great plus.

Room Tip: Ask for Odd numbered rooms if you want to be in the courtyard near the pool.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Looking forward to welcoming you back again!
Kodiak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were redirected to the Clarion from our original hotel (surprise!-not pet friendly) as we needed a pet friendly hotel. The Clarion reserves certain rooms for guests with pets, which is nice, but can be a logistical issue in booking. I was a little cranky when we first arrived, and a front desk manager came forward quickly to smooth things over. I appreciated her efforts.
We stayed at the same time as some HS athletic teams and other groups, but the hotel was none the less quiet. We stayed on the ground floor-my preference both due to having a dog as well as having heavy bags.
The halls are wide and carpeting in halls and rooms looked fresh. I didn't detect an odor of cigarettes.
They have glass glasses there, which I recognize seems plush to many, but my preference is for disposables.
The breakfast was extensive and well restocked.

Room Tip: hotel is a series of buildings. One of them is two story without an elevator, so if you don't wa...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We appreciate your positive feedback. We do take pride in catering to our guests needs the best we can. See you on your next visit :)
Cumming, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is supposed to be a non-smoking facility. You are asked to sign a form stating you won't smoke in the rooms. However, we had to endure smoke throughout the Inn. We saw guests openly going into rooms with lit cigarettes. Also, it is a very old property that has been superficially "spruced up". You can also hear everything in surrounding rooms. There were also some folks who decided to party very loudly in the parking lot. The only positive was the staff - they were very friendly and helpful. At best, this is a 1.5 to 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. Most of our rooms are non smoking. however we do have a section of smoking rooms that are seperate from the non smoking area. We are glad you enjoyed our staff and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rooms were dated, and one of our sleep number beds did not work.
Funny smell in room but Prob caused by not to many people staying.
Drinking glasses were wiped out clean- gross!!
Water pressure good but soft water made you feel not clean
Breakfast was ok. Pancakes and ham good
Bacon was thin crispy bits, eggs dry, potatoes disgusting.
Juice and coffee good.

• Stayed December 2014
I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. I will be sure the information is passed on to my manager. Despite this, we hope to welcome you back on your return visit to Clearwater.
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Just spent 8 nights !!! Room was clean .. bed comfortable !! bathroom needed a little tlc ... but was clean .... Water was hot ...Breakfast was plentiful & mmmmm !! i don't know what more you need !! we will be back again !!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire staff will be happy to hear this positive stay, it is what we thrive on. See you next time!

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!