“Great long weekend in Clearwater Beach.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Credit/Night
Ranked #41 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Palm Coast, Florida
“Great long weekend in Clearwater Beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

The HIlton at Clearwater Beach is the perfect location for a leisurely vacation. It is adjacent to Pier 60 which has nightly entertainment, crafts for sale and of course the beautiful sunsets nightly. You never have to leave the hotel. Drinks and snacks are available on the beach. You can rent an umbrella and chairs if you wish. They also have a lovely pool. We had dinner at Reflections Restaurant and it was delicious. The morning we left we had the breakfast buffet and it was equally delicious. Omelettes prepared as you wish and anything else you could possibly want for breakfast. All in all we love the HIlton at Clearwater Beach. We have been there twice already and are looking forward to our next stay probably in May.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel for several years and keep coming back for the friendly staff and consistent service. On this most recent trip, we stayed on business, and a day extra for pleasure. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to help us. Regina, at the Front Desk, remembered my from past trips and actually came around the desk to hug me! Maria in the restaurant is always a pleasure. The hotel has the best location on the beach and the beach itself is as wide as a football field with soft, white sand and of course, clear water! The hotel experienced a computer virus which was uncontrollable and affected their abillity to check guests in and issue keys - for over 24 hours the staff had to manually check guests in and the line filled the lobby. Not once did I see an employee react in a negative manner, though many of the weary guests did.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Beantown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Everything outdoor at the hilton on clearwater is great. The pool, tiki bar and beach is all right there and the staff is great outside. The rooms are small outdated and not totally clean. I think for the price the room should be better. I also think it was rediculous the hilton charges to use the internet on the public computers. Valet is $14 a night and Regular parking is $7. Also have to pay for chairs at the beach. No problem paying the money but when you see how small the room and bathroom is, it makes you feel like your paying too much to stay. The AC also made me and my boyfriend sick. We woke up with a soar throat and our ears hurt. I think it was dirty and maybe moldy like they didnt clean it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I wanted to rate this hotel because I have stayed here a few times and I want those travelling here to know that for the money Hilton charges, there are better deals in Clearwater Beach. The service here is great and the pools/beach access are awesome. But the rooms honestly suck. I've never stayed at any Hilton brand that wasn't great and this one lacks. The rooms are very small and outdated. You can stay down the street at the Holiday Inn for less money, MUCH larger and nicer rooms and just as great of pools. This Hilton is great to go visit for the pool and restaurant but not the best place to stay and they charge A LOT to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

So... I must say that Clearwater has become one of my favorite places in Florida. This is our 4th stay since last labor day and each time we have stayed at the Hilton. I know that my last review of this place sucked... but each time it gets better. We stayed at Christmas, March and then again this Labor Day and honestly...I would love to stay at the SandPearl, but I am not paying 450 a night. We had a harborview room this time, and it really was not bad. The good...pool bar staff, cornhole on the beach, location, cleanliness, the valet guys, and of course the beach. . The bad...the front desk staff. You would think that the front desk being the initial first impression... they would be a little nicer. We booked thru Allegiant..and the lady acted like we were stealing the room. My husband just shot me the look and I tried to be patient and enjoy the the vacation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010 via mobile

This hotel is a bit worn but still an excellent choice for it's location and great staff. The rooms are dated and there is some wear and tear showing but still very clean. You can not beat the location on the beach next to Pier 60. The kids had a great time in the warm water and the activities on and around Pier 60. The hotel pools are nice as well. What impressed me the most was the staff, from the front dear to the beach, they were all excellent. I will be coming again.

• Stayed September 2010
Carol Stream, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We loved our recent stay at the Hilton Clearwater. We went after a week at Disney and being in Clearwater was super relaxing. It is the pefect location, right on the beach and walking distance to everything. We had a newly renovated room on 4th floor. Beautiful room, really modern, great view, super modern bathroom.
You cannot beat the private beach with the pool only steps away. Hyatt looked nice, but the fact that the pool is on an upper level killed it for me. My kids loved being able to go from the beach to the pool in seconds. Lots of kids activities run by the hotel, including free ice cream every afternoon. Great pool and beach bars. Definately get the cabana for day. We had lots of fun at lobby bar each night and Pier 60 is right across the street.
My only complaint was pool water was warm (but it was 104 degrees out everyday) and maybe pool could use an update.
Dont let the older looking exterior fool you, the lobby is totally modern and ask for a renovated room and you would be disappointed.
Cant wait to go back some day!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Clearwater Beach? Share your experiences!