“Will book again if I visit Clearwater” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer rates from $169
Ranked #43 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Stockholm, Sweden
“Will book again if I visit Clearwater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I liked the hotel and the staff very much, they went the extra mile in order to help.
I went there directly from Orlando airport but my baggage had been delayed in Europe. I asked at the hotel if they knew of any stores where I could buy some clothes but I was too tired to actually go and buy them. The staff had made me a map, circled some stores and left it under more door when I woke up in the morning. Really great!

The only drawback of the hotel is that I often woke up due to sirens (police cars, fire fighters?) and the one of the elevators didn't go to the top floor (nothing happened when I pushed that button, so it was probably a temporary problem)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob W, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and writing a review about your recent visit at the Hilton Clearwaer Beach. Your feedback is most appreciated. We do apologize for the noise inconvenience during your stay and one of the elevators not working properly.. Please contact us at trip_advisor@hilton.com should you have need to further discuss your issues. We do Hope, should you return to the Clearwater Beach area, you will visit us again.

Andrea Trimmer
Executive Assistant.

1,871 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Pros: professional staff (phone/pools/front desk/valets/restaurant/bars), food and catering (for a hotel), great bed linens, amenities, toiletries, conscientious housekeeping staff. Good conference hotel, close to best local restaurants and the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Swimming pools at a nice temp. Didn't use the fitness room, but there were free weights, a couple of treadmills, bikes and ellipticals - adequate.

Cons: This hotel is howing the wear and tear (carpets/furniture) of a hotel that's really busy. Rooms are not very soundproof. We could hear tv's and muffled voices in adjacent rooms while just sitting in our room. We could also hear the plumbing above our room. The heat/cooling system is noisy. We would have left the balcony door open for fresh air at night, but there were no screens.

Not sure whether asking for a 'quiet' room would make a difference, but our stay was still pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your feedback and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience.for guests. We hope to have another opportunity to serv you, should your travels bring you back to the Clearwater Beach area.

Bob Waler,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Sure it's an old hotel but the beach, swimming pools, interior and staff are very good. Rooms are the usual Hilton standard and beds are outstanding. Had to walk a couple of blocks for the gym but as it was free, I didn't mind. Could do with an executive floor and lounge though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time time to write a review, and for bing our guests at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. . Your suggestions will be taken into consideration. Looking forward to having you with us again.

Sincerely
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed for only two nights, November, 2012. Moved over from Doubletree N. Redington Beach after some problems. No problems at all at the Hilton. Great location to walk to several restaurants, bars, shops. Beautiful beach.
I will return and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guests and taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We do look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

THIS Hotel says recently renovated???? Perhaps yes...in the lobby, and the restaurant. NOT the room you will stay in. The rooms are VERY small. The website is deceiving. There is apparently ONE penthouse suite and 6 ocean front studio suites and the rest of the rooms are cubby holes. The carpets were stained and put my germ phobia in overdrive. The bathroom was no more than a powder room with a shower/tub thrown in. SQUISHY!!!!!
There was NO special treatment for a Diamond Hilton Honors member. The Reflections restaurant had a red bug in our rolls and ~the omelette maker in the morning was fussy and crabby and impatient and used an obscenity in front of my 11 year old waiting for a fried egg :o(
Will NOT stay in this Hilton again.
The very worst part is... my husband NEVER travels with me so I really wanted this to be special for him. I have stayed in many beautiful Hilton's. Sadly this was the worst.

Room Tip: good luck! I would choose another hotel if you want a good room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and apologize your experience at the Hilton Clearwater Beach did not meet the level of service you expected and deserved. I’m working closely with our housekeeping staff to address the cleanliness concerns and deep cleaning of the carpets. I’m disappointed to hear about your unfortunate encounter at our restaurant and this has been addressed with our FB team and the local pest control company to ensure this never happens again. Please accept my deepest apologies and let me know if if I can further assist you, by contacting trip_advisor@hilton.com. .

dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Resort on Clearwater Beach, Florida. Unfortunately, I was there for business and couldn't take full advantage of the resort. It couldn't be in a nicer setting for a vacation. Clearwater Beach is super clean, pretty and easily explored. As a woman walking around by myself, it also felt/seemed safe. There are all sorts of fun things to do within an easy walk. The hotel is well appointed and well maintained. I stayed in a suite that had a stunning view of the coastline curving to the south. The furniture, bedding, amenities were all top notch quality and in excellent condition. Breakfast had nice quality touches- I didn't eat any other meals there so can't comment on that. Heading out to the beach for a morning walk, I noticed that there was a Kids Camp and all sorts of activities available. Whether a couple or family, this is a really nice place to stay that is definitely worth the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that your expectations were met at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We do take great pride in our property and hope, should you return to the Clearwater Beach area, we have the opportunity to again serve you.

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Checked in on 8th November for a 1 night stay - made to feel very welcome at check in and were offered an upgrade for $20 which we took . Room was excellent , 2 big double beds and a lovely balcony over looking the beach - th hotel is situated right on the beach which is excellent, we spent a few hours wandering up and down the beach waiting for the sun to go down
All in all a lovely hotel with friendly staff !! Go visit !!

Room Tip: We had a roo with a "prtial view of the beach" however we had a great view of the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate you writing a review about your recent visit at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, along with experiencing the white sandy beach to walk along and the beautiful sunset. Should you have the opportunity to return to the Clearwater Beach area, we would look forward to having you visit us again.

Bob Walter

Been to Hilton Clearwater Beach? Share your experiences!