“Very friendly staff and a very affordable rate!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Clearwater

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Clearwater to your Saves list
Travelodge Clearwater
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21252 US Hwy19 North, Clearwater, FL 33765 (Formerly Econo Lodge Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2000 Bonus Points
Ranked #51 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Clearwater, Florida
“Very friendly staff and a very affordable rate!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was moving to the area and needed a place to use as a "home base" while I looked for a rental home. From the minute I walked into the lobby, these folks were friendly. The owner of the property is most always on site, so things that need attention get attention quickly. I ended up having a very pleasant conversation about the ins and outs of running a motel, as well as many other topics. When's the last time some big kahuna at a hotel stepped into the lobby to talk to you? I'll bet never! Many of the people who stay here are repeat customers....and it makes for a very friendly atmosphere around the pool. Let's say I had such a pleasant time, that I stop by periodically just to say hello.

My room was perfect for the price. Comfy clean beds, small desk so I could set up a computer. Continental breakfast which included a make-it-yourself waffle maker!! Better than some big name hotel breakfasts. And FREE wifi. And FREE parking. That may sound silly, but I've recently stayed in hotels in Orlando and parking was $13-$26 a day!!! Ouch!!!

I love this place. Great place for a great price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Attention to detail would go a long way on this property. Black scuff marks on the bathroom door, cigarette butts on a dirty sidewalk, unkempt foliage, flat pillows and old comforters all played a role on this rating. I slept well, had a good breakfast and paid a fair price. I might stay here again but there is no reason to.... Nothing about this property is calling me back. Nothing makes this property a stand out. There are so many motels in the area, perhaps I'll try another one next time.

• Stayed July 2013
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I was appalled. I came her because of the reasonable reviews I saw. We were driving and it was late so we decided to check in here at about 1 am. By 430am I was awaken with something my eyelid that I brushed off. It was a roach on my face that I then saw racing through the sheets. I was in a state of shock and disgust. Never have I experienced something like this. So I contacted the front desk...obviously livid. I was tired, I'd only checked in a couple of hours before and I explained I no longer felt comfortable in that room (who would go back to sleep). I also had a 6 month old with me...It was unacceptable. The front desk manager was at first saying that it I couldn't have saw a roach as they just had "the bug man" spray. This is ludicrous. First off, If you had an exterminator come out obviously there was a problem at some point or another. But beyond that she began to take offense and become rude. She said we could not have a refund. Nor did she ever off to switch rooms. We ended up just leaving and filing a complaint with corporate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Clearwater Travelodge is a comfortable, no-frills, two-star motel. The pool belongs in a three- or three-and-a-half-star setting! The staff, especially the evening receptionist, is very helpful, and, along with the pool, is the motel's greatest asset.
The manager, on the other hand, is not a people person in the least. The manager's interaction with both staff and guests was abrasive, impatient, and unprofessional. Her demeanor was unsuited for a national chain. In dozens of travels and hundreds of overnight stays (representing a range from two-star to four-star hotels), I have witnessed people having bad days, people losing patience with difficult customers, and people who simply needed to "get away". I had never, however, witnessed such repeated demeaning behavior by a hotel manager. Travelodge deserves a much better ambassador (perhaps the evening receptionist!).
Otherwise, the room was adequate, breakfast was adequate, and the facilities were adequate. The location is very central and convenient to the local attractions (especially once the construction is done on 19), and the price was moderate.
Apart from the current manager's patronizing and unwarranted behavior, this is a good-valued stay.

Room Tip: Pool-side rooms toward the back overlook the relaxing pool...but with the view comes the evening noi...