“Great for Phillies fans!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central

You added Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21252 US Hwy19 North, Clearwater, FL 33765 (Formerly Travelodge Clearwater)   |
Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great for Phillies fans!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed at the Travelodge for one night during Phillies Spring Training. The location was not far from Bright House Field (walking distance, though across a highway), next to Lenny's restaurant (yummy breakfast), and near the Tilted Kilt (fun times!). It was clean and worth the price, which was reasonable. The staff was excellent. They had a computer and printer which allowed us to print out boarding passes and even buy and print tickets for that day's Phillies game!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Thank you very much for a pleasent stay - we were in town for a fundraiser and were traveling with my enormous Newfoundland, we had a very clean room and the location was ideal - I would come back in the future!
Thanks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are old and damp. The beds are terrible,my husband's feet hung off the end. The only 2 good parts of this hotel are it's close proximity to Brighthouse Field and the pool.

• Stayed March 2011
plymouth england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Arrived early rooms not ready but the owners allowed us to store our luggage, and later relocated them to our rooms. We stayed two nights with friends from Plymouth England,
and received help, directions, places of interest such as restaurants etc . The rooms are clean and well appointed, the staff very helpful nothing was to much trouble.
We highly recommend this hotel, good price and value for money and will stay there again
on our next trip, but will stay longer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We were supposed to stay here for 3 nights but 2 weeks prior, we canceled online. We have a confirmation number and a cancellation number. However, we were charged for our stay. When I called and spoke with Vernita, she was very quick to call me back and tell me what confirmation number we booked under and they held our room late into the night and we never showed and we had 3 nights booked. When I then told her my cancellation number (it even shows on their website), she was not helpful at all and told me that was Wyndham's issue and I had to contact Wyndham. Why? I told her I could just dispute it with my credit card as I have all the information with cancellation number, etc. She then said she would see what she could do. I haven't heard back from her and I did email Wyndham and haven't heard from the man I was dealing with at Wyndham either. First and last time I will deal with a Travelodge. I normally travel with Hilton or Marriott with no issues. And by the way, if traveling to Clearwater, rather than stay at the Travelodge where only the Phillies field is near there, stay at the Holiday Inn Clearwater...beautiful pool, view, average rooms, a bit more than Travelodge but a lot more to do around there and better customer service.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

booked Travelodge thru Priceline for four nights. Cost came to $222 with taxes and fees. The room and bathroom were clean. No evidence of bed bugs or other pests. The bath had a separate toilet/shower from sink area, which is convenient for two people. The bathroom also had a wire luggage rack overhead for storage away from bedding area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast included some fruit - bananas, apples, oranges -- plus cold cereal, instant oatmeal, juice, and yogurt. Pool area was very nice. Furniture recently painted and in good condition. Landscaping around the pool was lovely, and the water was heated. All rooms open to outside walkway. Ask for a room in the back overlooking the pool and away from the highway, and request a refrigerator and microwave (not all rooms come with these). It would be difficult to get around without a car, but that is true of much of Florida. I would stay at this motel again for this price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I've never stayed at a Travelodge before, so I was a little nervous, but the TripAdvisor reviews were decent and the price was excellent (booked through Priceline). Front desk staff was friendly, room was clean, and breakfast was sufficient. Rooms open to the outside. If you prefer a hot breakfast, Lenny's is literally steps from the hotel. We visited Clearwater Beach, St. Petersburg, and Tampa, and the hotel proved to be pretty centrally located to reach all of those. On the other hand, it's not really close to any of them. We didn't get a chance to try the heated pool, but it looked to be clean and a fairly large size. Hotel staff was happy to provide us with toiletries we forgot. Wireless Internet was free and fairly fast.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central? Share your experiences!