“Great, hands down!! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3910 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great, hands down!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

GREAT HOTEL AT A GREAT PRICE!! The front desk Carol, such a nice lady, very helpful! Nice staff awesomely clean and very beautiful rooms with granite interior, with great pillows and beds! The breakfast is great with waffles and eggs and biscuits! Yummy. Just over all great, seriously should be a way more costly place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Check-in front staff was very helpful and friendly. Located right across the street from the runway for the airport, so you will hear planes go over your head. They can be loud, but they don't fly over usually after 10 p.m. They are doing road construction on the Ulmerton Rd (where it is located) so traffic can be slow at times. The wireless internet wouldn't work. When we called to the front desk the person who was working (not our check-in lady) told us to call the internet provider. Never had that happen before. So if you do stay here, don't plan on having wireless internet capabilities. The room was nice, hotel was nice, and pool was nice. Wouldn't stay here again, but that's just my preference. Internet made a huge difference for us. Beds were very hard.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very nice, clean, comfortable room....really like the pillows! Desk staff was extremely helpful with check-in and helping me with some computer issues. Breakfast was better than the usual Comfort Inn breakfast in other locations that I have been too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites and sharing your comments about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and l invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great staff
Close to airport but you hear very few planes and none from 11:00 pm to 6:30 am.
Very clean
Good breakfast
Lots of parking
Very efficient air conditioner
Many stores and restaurants nearby
Reasonable rates
Fridge,microwave
Very good water pressure in shower
Comfortable beds

Overall excellent value especially if you need to catch an early morning flight since it's a 3 minute drive to Clearwater st Petersburg Airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I must say I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. It has been rennovated recently under new management and is NOT your typical Comfort Inn. It is much more than that. The staff is very nice and really seem to care. The rooms are nicely appointed with the customary granite, new carpeting, bedding, etc. I like the mini-fridge..it comes in handy. The housekeeping staff was done with my room early every morning so you don't have to wait till 3PM like you do in some places to get the room made up. (Of course, perhaps it helps to stay on the top floor which I did.) The pool area was immaculate. I didn't see one pice of debris in the pool. Breakfast was basic essentials with a nice waffle maker. For less than $70 a night, what else can you ask for.The only negative was the fact that Ulmerton Road ( a very busy road) is under construction. It seems like I hit construction every time I get to Clearwater. Oh well...the hotel is a must try. The reviews are very good to excellent
and I now know why!!!!! And don't believe any reviews about airplane noise. I think I heard 2 planes overhead during the week.....!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at our hotel. I shared your kind words with the staff. It is very rewarding to them when their hard work is recognized. I see a pizza party in their future. We really appreciate your business and invite you to stay with us again the next time your are in the Clearwater FL area. Hope to see you soon!
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and absolutely loved it. It was very close to my family and in the middle of everything. My hotel room was very nice and not what I was expecting. See I had lower expectations based on the price but figured it was an inexpensive place to stay. Boy was I wrong. The entire room seemed to be new. I had a fabulous shower, 2 double beds, a fridge and microwave. Very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and personable. Shout out to Tanya and Carol. They answered all my questions and gave me nice conversation anytime I stopped by the front desk. THey had a small fitness room, business room, pool and barbeque. They didn't even mind if my family came to hang out at the pool. I never actually used the pool but lots of people did.
There is a gentlemans club next door that I only noticed because of TA reviews. The road is being worked on out front but I can't think of one issue I had with the place.
Breakfast is HOT!! Eggs, sausage and all the other 'normal' breakfast items (toast, bagels, cereal, tea, coffee, waffle maker, etc..). I got up early every morning so I didn't miss it.
Overall I give them a 10, not sure what other people on TA are talking about or why anyone would give them a negative review but to each his own.
If I visit again I would definitely stay here again. The only reason I would not is to be on or closer to the beach. Other than that I love Comfort (more than I thought I would).
Don't hesitate to book your room here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we have to offer. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My sisters and I stayed on the week of April 5-8 excellent customer service on behalf of Anna and Angela and the rest of the employees, from the Cleaning lady to the handyman. No matter how many questions we asked they were always answer with knowledge and a smile. The rooms very clean and the location perfect. Can't wait to go back. Carmen, Tessa and Connie :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Carmen, Tessa and Connie

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It means a lot to the staff when our guests recognize their hard work. They staff remembers the "Sisters" and they thank you for you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!