“Nice room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3910 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, AL
“Nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice, clean, comfortable room....really like the pillows! Desk staff was extremely helpful with check-in and helping me with some computer issues. Breakfast was better than the usual Comfort Inn breakfast in other locations that I have been too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites and sharing your comments about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and l invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great staff
Close to airport but you hear very few planes and none from 11:00 pm to 6:30 am.
Very clean
Good breakfast
Lots of parking
Very efficient air conditioner
Many stores and restaurants nearby
Reasonable rates
Fridge,microwave
Very good water pressure in shower
Comfortable beds

Overall excellent value especially if you need to catch an early morning flight since it's a 3 minute drive to Clearwater st Petersburg Airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I must say I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. It has been rennovated recently under new management and is NOT your typical Comfort Inn. It is much more than that. The staff is very nice and really seem to care. The rooms are nicely appointed with the customary granite, new carpeting, bedding, etc. I like the mini-fridge..it comes in handy. The housekeeping staff was done with my room early every morning so you don't have to wait till 3PM like you do in some places to get the room made up. (Of course, perhaps it helps to stay on the top floor which I did.) The pool area was immaculate. I didn't see one pice of debris in the pool. Breakfast was basic essentials with a nice waffle maker. For less than $70 a night, what else can you ask for.The only negative was the fact that Ulmerton Road ( a very busy road) is under construction. It seems like I hit construction every time I get to Clearwater. Oh well...the hotel is a must try. The reviews are very good to excellent
and I now know why!!!!! And don't believe any reviews about airplane noise. I think I heard 2 planes overhead during the week.....!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at our hotel. I shared your kind words with the staff. It is very rewarding to them when their hard work is recognized. I see a pizza party in their future. We really appreciate your business and invite you to stay with us again the next time your are in the Clearwater FL area. Hope to see you soon!
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and absolutely loved it. It was very close to my family and in the middle of everything. My hotel room was very nice and not what I was expecting. See I had lower expectations based on the price but figured it was an inexpensive place to stay. Boy was I wrong. The entire room seemed to be new. I had a fabulous shower, 2 double beds, a fridge and microwave. Very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and personable. Shout out to Tanya and Carol. They answered all my questions and gave me nice conversation anytime I stopped by the front desk. THey had a small fitness room, business room, pool and barbeque. They didn't even mind if my family came to hang out at the pool. I never actually used the pool but lots of people did.
There is a gentlemans club next door that I only noticed because of TA reviews. The road is being worked on out front but I can't think of one issue I had with the place.
Breakfast is HOT!! Eggs, sausage and all the other 'normal' breakfast items (toast, bagels, cereal, tea, coffee, waffle maker, etc..). I got up early every morning so I didn't miss it.
Overall I give them a 10, not sure what other people on TA are talking about or why anyone would give them a negative review but to each his own.
If I visit again I would definitely stay here again. The only reason I would not is to be on or closer to the beach. Other than that I love Comfort (more than I thought I would).
Don't hesitate to book your room here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we have to offer. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My sisters and I stayed on the week of April 5-8 excellent customer service on behalf of Anna and Angela and the rest of the employees, from the Cleaning lady to the handyman. No matter how many questions we asked they were always answer with knowledge and a smile. The rooms very clean and the location perfect. Can't wait to go back. Carmen, Tessa and Connie :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Carmen, Tessa and Connie

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It means a lot to the staff when our guests recognize their hard work. They staff remembers the "Sisters" and they thank you for you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area.
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel for memorial weekend, everything was booked!
So i decided to stay a little far from the beaches.
Im a nurse, so im very particular with cleanliness.. I read reviews about comfort inn, and i was impressed with that.
I booked one nigth.. The value was great!
Customer service was excellent. A older ladie checked us in at nigth, very sweet and professional, room super clean, good breakfast, ladie that checked us out was great too.
I give you guys a 10!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad you chose to stay with us Memorial Day weekend. We appreciate your business and invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

First time in Clearwater, FL. Rooms are nice and have nice TV. Location is very convenient to Tampa airport. The negative aspect of our stay was that we had ants in our room. We told the front desk and they gave us a new, identical, room to stay in right after.

• Stayed May 2014
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Megan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We apologize for the issue you had during your stay. Rest assured the issue with the first room was addressed immediately by a member of our engineering staff. I would like to invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need assistance with any future reservations. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites.

TSIMS

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!