“quick trip” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21338 US Hwy 19 North, Clearwater, FL 33765   |
Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights. First, the beds were very comfortable, Sleep great!!!The Hotel was pretty clean, you could tell they have been doing major upgrades to the place. Our room was clean (some hotels have a musty odor from the ac unit) We were very happy with the hotel & room. We passed on the Cont.Breakfst (nothing against it but I would rather go to a restaurant for breakfast) For us, the hotel was in the right location...Driving West we were 15 to 20 minutes from Clearwater Beach, 25 minutes south was St. Petes. Here are my cons: First, when we first arrived the toilet would not flush properly. (Pro for issue: we called downstairs and within 10 minutes maint. came up and cleared the problem). Second, in the hallways they were in the process of installing new recessed lights, wires hanging down kind of a mess. The works were apologetic and said their mess would be cleaned up soon. (Pro to this issue: The guys were cleaning as they were working, when they were done for the evening the hallway was cleaned and vacuumed). Third, the ice machine was outside and around the backside of the building. Our room was 405, for ice we had to go down the hall, outside down the back outside stairs, back inside down the first floor hall, then back outside and around by the pool to the backside of the building...Kind of a long walk for ice! Lastly, Hwy 19 is under major construction. The staff was very helpful in getting around it to get to our destination. (this issue is out of the hotels control, but I a mention on their website about the construction would have been nice). In closing, these small issue (to me) would not stop me from reusing this hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't use the fitness center or the restaurant so I can not rate it. Ice machines are in very...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
nathanfwoods, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We value your feedback and make improvements based on our customer feedback. Thank you also for addressing the need for an ice machine closer to the front desk. We have just purchased one and will be installing it immediately. Also, thank you for your other suggestions. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to meeting your needs next time you are in town.

Nathan Woods GM
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Booked this hotel for a trip with family to my nephew's graduation. I choose a suite since there were several of us staying in the area. The staff was very accommodating, the hotel & rooms were clean and the price was very reasonable for the room that we had. Conveniently located to shopping and although we were right on the I-19, traffic noise was not an issue at night. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Beverly Hills, Fl.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed just one night. We understand the hotel is being upgraded; we did not get one of those rooms. Carpeting was torn and looked dirty. A significant number of strange characters inhabit this place. Upon checking the internet we found a restaurant close around the corner was busted for drugs as recently as a few months ago. When we checked in (Sunday night), the man at the desk was unwilling/unable to provide any help with local amenities, restaurants, etc. We have stayed in La Quinta Inns in the past with very good results, not here however.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Basrah, Iraq
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Good Day,
I was slatted to stay in this hotel for 16 days.... I left after the first night.... Let me start with the best part of my stay and that was the staff.... They did their best to make things livable and right.... Upon my checkin I headed to my room.... After parking and walking through the entrance hallway I was met by a group of 4 men sitting in front of their room so drunk they could not stand... They all appeared to be young gang members... Keeping in mind I checked in at 11am... I then went to use the door to my room hallway and that electronic lock was not working... Once I finally was able to get into the room it was very old and out dated... The walls were dirty and the shower was far from taken care of.... After speaking with the front desk they changed me to a suit which was in a little better shape but not by much.... The swimming pool and spa area had empty beer cans around the area and are in need of major repair... Over all I struggled to feel that my vehicle or the people coming to visit me were safe at this hotel... So I changed to a hotel up the street... I have use La Quinta in the past in many other states with none of these issues... I sadden to say this was a huge disappointment and will not return...

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton up the street they will give you the same rates with better rooms and pools.....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central? Share your experiences!