We met family at this motel, March 2012, for a spur of the moment occasion -- funeral --- as with funerals, there is "no time" to look for reviews and you trust the person making reservations, for their selection. We spent 2 nights here. Also, time of year, we were lucky to get the block of rooms that we did!! It was pricey, but we were in a peak season...Just thankful we were able to get rooms, at all! It also was convenient to shopping and dining options, and right off of highway.
Check in and check out, was speedy, friendly front desk attendent, free breakfast was nice, filling, everything you'd need to start the day.......overall experience, "OK" --- Our room was a handicap one, with large bath, reasonably clean, but evidence of "needed maintenance" or sprucing up. Plenty of towels, for the 2 of us; Realizing this might be a high traffic motel, then I'm sure it's a nightmare on daily maintenance. Room was roomy enough with 2 double beds, with hang up armoir, microwave/refrigerator, large TV, (remote was missing it's battery cover), coffee maker was not working --- made a half pot of coffee, and stopped, with water collected in the filter.
ALSO, for a handicap room, it was located, at the farthest point, (rear of motel) possible from the Breakfast area!!! Each morning my husband, (Handicapped), had to get in our car and DRIVE UP to the front of the motel for breakfast!! Word of warning --- be sure you know where you room is, in relation to the breakfast/front desk areas!! That was the major inconvenience! We were on the first floor, also. Front desk did say they had elevators, but most of what I saw, was stairs.....another point to be sure to ASK ABOUT.
Sheets were clean, no bed bugs, but when I opened the refrigerator, OUT crawled a roach! Well, this is Florida, isn't it?
Next time we are in Clearwater, we will look for better accomodations, but in a "pinch", it was OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central is the home away from home in most convenient location that you have been looking for! From our comfy beds to our full access La Fitness nearby and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, we are your best choice at a great price! Come stay with us next time you would to be near great restaurants, just 6 miles to the beach, and shopping and Tampa International Airport. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- La Quinta Hotel Clearwater
- La Quinta Clearwater
- Clearwater La Quinta