“Great Family Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Madison, WI
“Great Family Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2004

We just returned from a family vacation to Florida and spent a few days in Clearwater. The hotel was everything we were looking for (clean, quiet, close to the water). It was about a 3 minute walk to the beach but you could see the water from the pool. The pool is average size. Overall we really enjoyed the hotel and would book it again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2004

Before we left for our Honeymoon in Clearwater, I had read a few reviews on this hotel that said the beach and sea was a long way from the hotel. It didn't concern me as I enjoy a stroll. When we arrived at the hotel I was amazed at how lazy people must be. The beach is on the doorstep with a short walk to the sea! This is the most fantastic hotel I have ever stayed in. Everyone was polite, friendly, helpful and always smiling. The food in Rusty's was delicious and an excellent price. The rooms are clean and bright and the pillows ARE the best as mentioned in other reviews. I would be scared to stay anywhere else in Clearwater, as I don't think anywhere else could compare. PS Thank you for the Bubbly x

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2004

This hotel was wonderful. My husband and I were so excited it was pet friendly. Especially, since most PF hotels are 2 star hotels. I give the Sheraton 4 stars. The only reason I don't make it 5 is the rooms need to be renovated or updated for the price you pay. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We will definitely stay here again. It is located in a beautiful spot away from the hussle and bussle of Clearwater Beach. Rusty's Restaurant is definitely worth checking out for breakfast. I recommend ordering the Sand Key Benedict. It was fabulous. Also, the room service is delivered under 30 minutes. You can't beat that.

windsor uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

Trust me, this beach is fabulous. While I was there in August the sea was transparent with absolutely no seaweed at all, nor were there any rocks, just tiny white shells. The sea was so clear you could see many different shoals of fish that would happily swim, not just by you, but into you, and as for the hotel, it is faultless.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2004

The beach behind this hotel is awesome. The sand is snow white. In the evening you can go to the pier about a mile or so away where they sell crafts and have live entertainment. The pool is very pretty. This is one of the nicest Sheratons out there. The location is great --- take the road south to see where all the rich people live. Go north and you're in the fun area of Clearwater Beach. The little grocery store in the hotel is open quite late for snacks. I love Clearwater Beach.

gurnee, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2004

We stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort 10/9-10/12 2004. The staff at this hotel was AWESOME! Bill at the Poolside Cafe was great with the kids and always very helpful. We had an ocean view room-nice view, but the room needed work--the carpet by the bathroom was seperated from the threshold, which could cause some tripping. The room was clean and decent size though. We added a fridge at $5/day and the maintenance man was there right away with the fridge, but the fridge was falling apart--the door was so bent out of shape that there was a gaping hole at the top. The beds are awesome with lots of pillows, soft sheets, and very comfy. The pool is average size but pretty basic--and thankfully very clean. The gulf is a short walk across the sandy area--no big deal. There were tons of shells covering the beach. This room was listed at $270 per night and with my AAA card it was $230--still expensive considering you pay extra for beach chairs and fridge--at least the poolside cafe's prices were reasonable. Rusty's Restaurant was fairly reasonable too. This hotel is a drive from Pier 60 or anything downtown--and downtown it's all pay meters or pay hourly parking--kind of takes the charm out of things to be nickeled and dimed. Overall the staff is what makes this hotel above average, but some remodeling should be considered in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

My husband and I just stayed at the Sheraton Sand Keys for 3 nights Oct 5-7. It was very nice. We enjoyed ourselves very much. We had a real nice room, the pool was nice. We had dinner every night at the hotel. Very good food. All the staff were very friendly. I was a little disappointed with the beach. I'm not sure if it was from all the hurricanes, but it was rocky and alot of seed weed. I was just expecting it to be sandier. All and all it was a very nice place to stay. And the walk to the beach was not that bad.

Been to Sheraton Sand Key Resort? Share your experiences!