“WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY” 1 of 5 stars

5th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me and my husband are in our late 20's so we aren't to picky when it comes to resorts however I was so unhappy with this hotel and spot I chose I wanted to leave early! I pre paid the whole trip on orbitz so we ended up only leaving one day early haha but when I got there looked cool but overly Crowded but being Clearwater (which isn't ritzy at all) was expected.

Crowded hotel pools are smaller than the pictures. It was so loud and unreal zing out entire stay (in mid may) my vacation was hell! So many kids and old people I was annoyed most of the time. Food is over priced and not tasty, also all 3 restaurants there were similar just nasty!

The beach was almost 1 mile from the hotel I had to walk sooooo far from the pool to the beach my legs were sore n I'm not a big woman either! Mind you the sand is so rocky bc the crushes shells I wouldn't even walk without shoes bc if bleed what happens to soft sand?

Clearwater is so ugly and crowded what a let down compare to Naples and Marco island!

Do NOT WASTE UR MONEY ON THE HOTEL WE FLUSHED 3 grand down the toilet on the joke vacay !!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This seems more like a conference center than a resort, lots going on downstairs with a spread out layout. We were here just 2 nights and did not use any amenities so I cannot comment on that. The hotel is older, but rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The only issue we had was a lot of noise, thin walls through which we could hear everything from every direction. Drawers being open, babies crying, people watching tv, multiple conversations, vacuum etc. when people in rooms nearby used their keys to open their door it felt like they were coming into yours! perhaps it's better if you stay here at a quieter time, we stayed over Christmas, and the hotel is very busy. Overall, we were underwhelmed.

• Stayed December 2012
Blue Bell, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My son and I stayed here for one night. The hotel is right on the beach (advantage over Marriott Sand Key), and the pool area is very nice. We walked across the street to the Marriott for dinner, and ended up eating at one of the several restaurants that are adjacent to the Marriott. In walking through the Marriott though, we noticed the pool area was hopping in the evening, and the pool Tiki bar was crowded and fun. Plenty of free parking at the Sheraton. I booked a Club Level room, and although the room is not on the same floor as the club room, we enjoyed a nice display at Happy Hour and Breakfast. Public Computer was also helpful within the club room. While in Clearwater Beach, we also stayed at the Hilton, and even though they're only 2 miles apart, the Sheraton is in a much more quiet area of town. This is a great place to relax and do a lot of nothing, and would return if I'm looking to get away and veg.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at The Sheraton Sand Key, Clearwater Florida in mid- December. The hotel was in the midst of renovating the main lobby and Rusty's Restaurant. For the inconvenience of the noise in the lobby and the main restaurant being closed, the hotel upgraded us to the club level, which enabled us to enjoy the complimentary breakfast and evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Additionally, they provided free internet access in our room.
Additionally, they offered for a future stay a complimentary first night and each night after being 50% off the rate.
The staff was very helpful not only in the hotel, but also in the pool and beach areas. Very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Because of the staff.... GREAT service throughout the resort.

Let me start by saying I am an associate of Starwood and have a great benefit of good rates staying at our properties. After saying that, we're often given not so special treatment and given the room overlooking the parking lot. Not so at this property. From the moment we entered we felt welcomed.

Our Check in went smoothly and were given a room overlooking the pool / ocean.
We walked the beach daily collecting some great shells. People complain of the walk to the beach but we timed it and actually takes 3 min. Really?? Enjoy it...

Nate in the bar is an asset to this property. Very good at what he does.. Thanks also to Sasha on his day off.. The food is delicious!! We ate here every night and enjoyed every meal.

We attended the Eagles/Bucs game and it's only took us 30 min.

Thanks for everything.. We will be back.

Room Tip: Any room 4th floor or above looking towards the ocean southwest side for GREAT sunset views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The private beach area was most enjoyable. I didn’t particularly care for the long walk to the ocean, but it wasn’t too bad. The outdoor pool areas were always kept very clean and the hotel offered complimentary pool toys to the kids, sand buckets, etc. There seemed to be an abundance of sea weed that littered the beach and was annoyingly present in the ocean. I’m not sure if it was time of year I visited or if it’s always like that. The hotel lobby paints an inaccurate portrait of the hotel’s rooms. During my visit I stayed in three different rooms because of availability issues and each room had several discomforting things about them. One had an awful smell that housekeeping was unable to rid. Don’t expect to have a marvelous view of the ocean. I was told by the staff “our hotel is not oriented to be in a position to allow you that kind of view.”.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book your room. Don't book online or with Sheraton's reservation...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is the spot to enjoy the nice Clearwater beach
The location is perfect; not right in the middle but close enough that you can walk around/bike or take short drives
The beach is amazing; in our last stay you can see dolphins from the beach
The service at the hotel was good; only issue is the kitchen by the pool is not good at all; it is not a kitchen just a small area to prepare hotdogs...this management needs to improve
Overall a great stay...we'll come back for sure

Room Tip: Try the higher level floors overlooking the beach area;
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Sand Key Resort? Share your experiences!