“Not the Greatest but Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Clearwater Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   504 South Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #61 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Hudson, Florida
“Not the Greatest but Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived at Clearwater Beach Hotel on Oct 16-18, 2012. The outside is a little dirty and there doesn't seem to be much help around. The pool area was ok, but the tables are dirty and broken on the top since they old. There are plenty of lounges and they were ok. The pool was pretty clean. But the whole exterior isn't really kept really clean. I stayed on the 5th floor and the room was clean and all tile floors with a fridge and microwave in it.

I got a good deal of 2 nites for 119 + tax and that was a fair price for that hotel, but I wouldn't pay anymore for it. They have people that are in the office but they go off to wherever and put a sign on the door they will be back in 15 min or whatever.

In order to use the gulf you have to walk about a block to get to it since it is across the street from the hotels on the water side and you can't get to the waters' edge since it is all rocks except for a private beach from one of the hotels there.

I doubt I would go back to that hotel again unless they take action to make the outside very clean and get rid of the broken tables around the pool.

Room Tip: Stay on the side facing the north which gives you views of the gulf and stay at least on the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Udine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a good location and a good hotel mainly for young people holidays/vacation time...
Perfectly connected to everywhere (highways, airpoirts...).

Typical US-style lodge with large rooms pretty well equipped.
Small swing pool area in front of the small harbor (have a look on Google Map).
Nice restaurants or breakfast locations along the street at a walking distance.
NO Restaurant/breakfast inside the hotel bat automatic machines.

Also the beach - in front, 200 meters far - is well located and well organized.

Make sense to spend some days here : nice place Clearwater, nice pubs/restaurants also not so far along the coast towards South, not so far from Tampa downtown and very close to Sand Bay area that is beautiful for relaxing on the ocean beach.

We where there during Sun 'n Fun in Lakeland : perfect location, not so far...

Room Tip: Room on first/second floor towards the pool/see are the better ones...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Check in was fine, nice young man
Issues:
1. Booked for "2", only had one bath and one hand towel in room.
2. Bath towel was dirty - black marks like someone's mascara
3. Shower drain backed up
4. Refrigerator had an annoying pulsating sound
5. Too much furnish polish - everything was "slimey"
6. There was long brown hair throughout room and even under the sheets. One hair was stuck to the bathroom door and it was there for my whole stay.
7. Bed was HARD.
8. There was a big gap around the door (florida is full of bugs).
9. And the worst thing...the floors were absolutely gross/dirty. I had to clean them myself it was disgusting. Don't walk barefoot or with only socks on!
10. When I checked out I was never asked if everything was ok so that's why I'm writing this review. Spend a few more dollars somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
brenda n, Manager at Clearwater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We do take everyones comments serious and we are making changes to our hotel. If you are ever in the area, we would like to show you that we are changing and your type of comments are helping us find the issues in our hotel. Please email me at b_nila1@hotmail.com, we would like to invite you for a comp night if you are ever in the area.

Brenda
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were happy with the location and good price for a holiday weekend.
we were not happy with leaking refrigerator and there were no towels in the room, upon checking in. We liked the tile floors. Front desk said they didn't have any clean towels, wow...
However, she had me troll around with her to find a housekeeper who took some from another room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good hotel for the price, super close to the beach, walking distance to shops, restaurants and pier 60. Every Saturday night they have a 'flea market style' shopping deal on the pier with vendors, pretty nice little walk through. The hotel itself was a little dated but definitely would stay again, everything you need for an overnight stay. Pool is located on the inlet and gives a nice little view. Can hear almost everything through the walls but that didn't affect us at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed during a federal holiday so Clearwater beach was packed! The hotel is in a great location overall, you are able to walk to just about anywhere without having to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic. The beach is about 2 blocks away so you don't have to worry about parking at the beach which is very difficult to find. Another block the opposite direction you can walk to the gas station, Walgreens, and a few more shops and restaurants. I really enjoyed the pool which is tucked away in the back facing a river with good music playing. The room was very clean and seemed updated and the staff was friendly.

My concerns: the refrigerator did not work my whole weekend stay. The a/c leaked water. There was a breaker/light issue going on in the room that would only allow some lights to work. And last but not least, the noise was ridiculous! The walls seem like they were made out of paper. You can hear EVERYTHING!

So overall, I would choose the hotel for its location and pool. But if you want to get some Zzzz's this is not the right choice. Give and take with this hotel, but I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Long Island NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I never thought I 'd do this but I am back again writing a review of this sweet little gem in Clearwater Florida. I recently brought my husband and kids down to flordia to to visit some relatives and decided to re-visit the Cavalier Resort Mostel I had stayed at months earlier. From the moment of my arrival the site Manager made me feel Welcomed and like family who had just returned home from a long trip. We stayed in room two which is the a cozy efficiency with a seperate bedroom and pull out couch. At Ellen's suggestion we walked down to the end of the block to enjoy our morning coffee. She said it was called the intercoastal, we thought well its a dead end. But to our suprise we sat on a near by bench to watch the sun rising and nearly 10 dolphins frolicking and fishing in one great pod. Amazing I was speechless the doplhine=s were nearly 2 feet from us. We had tried some Dolphin tours in other districts but never experienced anything like this before. Later on after we walked to down to another place recommended by our host and enjoyed a gelato and visited some of the more populated beacheds. Afterwards we came back home to our "Sweet Cavalier" and BBQ-ed, enjoyed the lush tropical landscape and refreshing peaceful pooside of this stellar location. Thank you Ellen and those associated with the Cavalier ! My family really enjoyed being close enough to enjoy it all , yet far away enough to appreciate a break from the everyday huslte and busle of life ! We will be back !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clearwater Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!