“Beautiful sunsets!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful sunsets!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the last three days of our Trip after doing Disney for a week so we could wind down and it was soo relaxing to see the sunsets from our balcony we had an amazing view! We stayed in a junior suit it had a king bed and a pull out couch and a mini fridge I'm actually glad we didn't do a room with a kitchen because we had plenty of places to eat that we're walking distance! You do have the valet parking that I know some people don't like not being able to have the option to deny it but I kind off got over that since just by looking at all the other hotels around it looked like we had the best location :) the beach wasn't crowded the way it was down by where the tourist shops are so I was definitely glad we stayed where we did and right when we checked we got some mimosas which were not watered down by juice lol so that was a plus . The staff was all very helpful and nice. We had no issues while we were there the lobby is gorgeous :) definitely recommend this hotel if your staying by Clearwater beach!!!

• Stayed May 2014
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had such a relaxing time at the resort and were able to catch a few gorgeous sunsets from your balcony. It is great to hear that our staff were friendly and helpful throughout your visit. It is our pleasure to assist! We are situated nicely to avoid the crowds on the beach just south of the resort. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your visit to the Sandpearl and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Alliance, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our first stay at the Sandpearl, for a short get-away. We wished it had been for a long get-away! One could definitely get used to this beautiful resort and attentive service. We have been to Clearwater Beach a number of times and this was by far the nicest place we have stayed. It costs a bit more than many other places on the beach, but if you can afford the difference, it's worth it. I commented to my husband that it has spoiled us for staying anywhere else in Clearwater.

Besides the natural, fantastic setting of the resort, I think the thing that stood out most was the friendly and attentive service of all the employees. Everyone greets you with an enthusiastic smile and hello. Any request is met with a quick response. The resort is beautiful, clean and well-maintained. The lobby, halls and meeting areas are decorated with impressive original art. The hotel is right on the beach, and Clearwater Beach is just beautiful with the wide expanse of powder-soft white sand and emerald water. The resort is on the main road with plenty of shops and restaurants to walk to. You can also easily walk to the the pier where there are often craft shows, outdoor movies and other activities.

Our room was comfortable, and the housekeeping staff makes sure it is always supplied with clean towels and supplies. We had a side view room of the gulf- which actually was sweeping visita of the gulf with the garden/pool area below. We enjoyed sitting in the rockers on the balcony whenever we were in our rooms.

We ate several times at the patio grill. The food was good, and priced reasonably. The patio area was well shaded with large umbrellas at each table. You could eat with just a bathing suit cover-up on and enjoy the view of the beach and gulf. We had one breakfast in the restaurant- well actually, on their balcony with an ocean breeze and view. We could have sat their for hours. The breakfast buffet was fresh and varied.

I only had two complaints about the resort. The first is, after paying more to stay here, the resort adds on a $25 per day "resort fee" which covers internet and beach towels and a few other things which are standard at other hotels. And if you have a car, there is another $20 day valet parking fee. If you want to use the hotel beach lounge chairs and umbrellas there is another $25 day rental fee. (no fee for the chairs around the pool)

The second complaint was about check-in. In fairness, the hotel information states that check-in is not until 4pm. So we weren't ENTITLED to check in any earlier. That being said, we arrived at noon because of our flight time. We had hoped there might be a room ready a LITTLE earlier than the promised 4pm time. They do offer a luggage storage room, but we didn't want to leave our credit cards, camera, brief case, etc. in the common storage area to go to the beach. We didn't get into our room until just after 4pm. It was disappointing to miss most of the day.

Once we were checked-in, our stay was everything we had hoped it would be. We do hope to come back, and I would recommend the resort to anyone looking for a nice place to stay on the Florida Gulf.

Room Tip: Other than the bay side, any room will have a great view of the gulf.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear our staff was attentive and enthusiastic in greeting you throughout your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast at our signature restaurant, Caretta on the Gulf, as well as dining at our beachside grill!
Please accept my sincere apology for your delay in checking in. We do our best to get our early arrivals in before 4pm if there are rooms available before the guaranteed check-in time. Despite the delay, I am happy your stay was everything you had hoped it would be.
We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our daughter and granddaughter came to visit from Poland. Our daughter booked a room in another hotel on the beach which was sub-standard in out opinion. We checked out the next day and went to the Sand Pearl. As we walked drove up and stopped our car the level of service was incomparable to other hotels in the area. My comment to my family was "this is our home away from home".

We love the Sand Pearl, the service, amenities and personnel are fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent visit to the Sandpearl Resort. It is great to hear that our service was incomparable to other hotels you experienced in the area. I am so glad you felt like the Sandpearl was your home away from home and that you were pleased with the amenities offered. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago, IL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was my first visit to the Sandpearl since the new hotel management and I must say I was impressed! I traveled with my mother and 9 month old son and we stayed for 4 nights. I wished it was longer because everything about our stay was perfect. The front desk staff was lovely, the housekeeping staff very patient and kind, the wait staff, pool staff, cafe, restaurant, etc... all friendly and attentive. The grounds are just as well maintained as they were 4 years ago. I love that Camp Ridley still exists for the little ones. The pool staff provided my son with a baby sized beach ball that he LOVED and even gave me a popsicle for him to help soothe his gums from teething... it worked wonders! We stayed in the gulf view suite which is spacious and provided us with enough space for the crib they were so kind to provide. Typically I don't spend much time in the room, but when traveling with a baby it's unavoidable due to naps and early bedtime. So, my mom and I enjoyed some wine every evening and coffee every morning on our balcony. That view is breathtaking! Oh, and the Keurig coffee machine is a nice touch. I honestly could not think of a better way to spend the week leading up to my first Mother's day. My son had the very best time in the resort pool and on the beach. He even napped in the shaded lounge chair! We met other little ones his age and the other guests were also very kind and fun. We used the Sandpearl's limo service Ambassador to and from the airport and they were punctual, professional and drove safely. Thank you Sandpearl for exceeding all of my expectations. I had almost forgotten how beautiful the resort and beach is. My mother was beyond impressed and may even be a little spoiled now. She is already talking about a return trip. If I had to say one negative thing... it would be that one of my salads at Tate's (salmon salad) was overdressed, but otherwise delicious. And when watching that sunset, who cares what you are eating anyway!?? Thank you, thank you!! We will be back next May!

Room Tip: Any room with Gulf View will knock your socks off. If you can't pay up for the view, don't w...
Green Features: The fact that the hotel is LEED certified is a huge bonus. It's not cheap for a hotel to be environmentally conscious, and I hope other guests appreciate this.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent visit to the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted that your stay was perfect and you were impressed with our front desk staff, housekeeping team, and our wait staff and pool staff. It sounds as though you and your family made the most of your visit with us. It is our pleasure to do whatever we can to enhance your stay and help in anyway. We do hope you return for another relaxing vacation at the resort. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have just checked in to this hotel in the last three hours, very very disappointed, we booked a two week stay in the area, first week was in animal kingdom disney not the best room but service was second to none, an incredible experience, especially for my five year old daughter, who was made to feel so special everywhere she went, nothing was too much trouble. Now for the sand pearl, this experience has been the complete opposite we checked in at 1pm had to wait two hours for our room, no big deal just thought we'd have a drink at the bar and relax but then noticed all other guests who we're being checked in we're being welcomed with a glass of champagne and something for the children, this seemed odd as we were offered nothing, not even being pointed in the direction of a bar or somewhere relaxing to sit and wait, I asked the lady who checked me in why we weren't offered a drink like other guests, who apologised and then offered us a drink, I have stayed in some top notch hotels all over the world and never had to ask for a complimentary drink before, very odd! After our two hour wait we were shown to our room which happens to overlook a building site, I had promised my daughter she would be able to see the sea from her bedroom so I rang the main desk and asked if we could move rooms telling them I would gladly pay the extra to get a sea view, we were told that we had booked a bay view and that no other rooms were available, after speaking to the front desk and informing them that we had booked through virgin and were not aware of any upgrades but upon checking the paperwork we agreed we had booked a bay view but we had not booked a building site view! I sincerely hope the manager reads this and contacts me, but I seriously doubt that he will, we have just received a phone call to ask if everything was ok, I said no and that I had already made my feelings clear, all I got back was Stoney silence. Don't book expecting to see the sea! Not impressed at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Sandpearl. I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

In your review you mentioned not receiving a glass of champagne during your arrival. I am sorry that the Front Desk missed you. We try to make sure everyone has a great arrival experience and offer a complimentary beverage but you were missed. I apologize. We also try out best to accommodate everyone's requests for upgrades however sometimes during sold out periods, that is not possible. While the Gulf Front rooms are the room with the best views, we do think that all rooms have nice views however. I understand however if you are expecting to see the Gulf there is disappointment. Again, my apologies.

If you would like to speak regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Eric Waltz
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great location, beautiful beach but for this price and this class of resort absolutely embarrassing housekeeping. The room was dusty and poorly cleaned. The balcony had some old stucky food or bird stains on top. For the extra sofa that we were using the housekeeping out a blanket on that has crusty yellow stain. The candy wrapper that was on the floor before we left was still there when we came back after cleaning service. When tried to call room service or front desk it just keeps on ringing with no answer. Very disappointed. To be fair outside pool area are nice and convenient. Good location but overall property looks like it need some thorough TLC.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

Please accept my apologies for the Housekeeping issues you experienced. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our resort however it appears that there is a training opportunity with one of our Room Attendants. At your convenience, and you find it appropriate, please contact me directly at the resort so that I may get more information from you regarding your stay.

Again, my apologies.

Eric Waltz
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Sandpearl Resort is such an oasis from the busy Cleawater Beach that surrounds it. Its location and the fact that it is a big C shaped building facing the Gulf, keeps the atomspshere quiet and serene and just for it's guests. The rooms are gorgeous and the food is crazy good with enough variety that one need go elsewhere always. Of course the little Clearwater Beach town offers much to do as well right outside your door. Staff is attentive, grounds and hotel are beautiful. Can't go wrong!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent visit to the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you found our resort to be an oasis from the busy beach and had a relaxing and enjoyable time while you were here with us. I am happy you were pleased with the dining options at the resort and that our staff were attentive to you. It is our pleasure to assist you with whatever you may need throughout your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!