“Most wonderful family getaway” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kissimmee, Florida
“Most wonderful family getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

It has been a couple years since my family has been able to take off a couple days and just relax. This resort has been everything it promised and more. Worth every penny, I felt like a princess the whole time we were here, and the rest of the family felt just as spoiled ! Place is spectacular, staff is phenomenal and I will not hesitate to return to this paradise...

Stayed November 2013
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so delighted we were able to exceed your expectations and make you feel like a princess! It is great to hear that this place is a paradise for you, we are happy to spoil you here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights for a wedding and were very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is right on the beach and provides chairs and fire pits for use at night.

We never visited the restaurant but the wedding we attended was catered by the hotel and the food was excellent. Each room had a mini-fridge and even 2 wine glasses and a wine opener, which we made good use of.

The rooms have high ceilings and are insulated very well because I never heard any of our neighbors. I usually bring earplugs because I'm such a light sleeper but I never needed to use them.

The hotel is within walking distance to a lot of great bars and restaurants. My only gripe for our stay was that valet parking is required and costs $20 per day. They offer free WiFi and the service received was outstanding. We only live an hour away and may never stay here again, but I'm glad we got the opportunity.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear the food we provided for the wedding was excellent and that you were pleased with the accommodations! We appreciate your feedback and hope you return for another opportunity to enjoy the resort!

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Florida's Gulf Coast has the best beaches in the US, and The Sandpearl is our favorite place to enjoy Clearwater Beach. The rooms are beautifully decorated, large, and comfortable. The entire resort is focused on the beachfront. The on site Tate Island Grille is a great place for a casual meal and sunset, or there is a more formal restaurant on the north end of the resort. The staff is pleasant and attentive. We are locals, but stay at the Sandpearl 2-3 times a year for a mini-vacation. It's got a classy, yet casual feel to it - we've never been disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear the Sandpearl Resort and Spa is your favorite place to enjoy Clearwater Beach. We are delighted you had a memorable experience at each of our restaurants on property. In your review, you mentioned you have never been disappointed with your stay. We hope you continue to return to us; it is our pleasure to do everything we can to make you happy. Thank you for the kind words.

Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Did not expect this level of luxury when I had rsvped to a destination wedding invitation recently. Not only was the hotel gorgeous, the spa was wonderful, the yoga class was outside, the beach was clean, spacious and fabulous plus the staff extremely friendly accommodating and helpful. The weekend felt like a vacation retreat with a little wedding in the middle. Loved it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am glad you were pleased with the cleanliness of the resort and the friendliness of the staff. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hellertown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I chose the Sand Pearl for our first family vacation. We would be traveling from PA to FL with our brand new 6 month old baby, so we were very nervous. The hotel was very accommodating and supplied us with a portable crib. They also allowed us to hang a door jam bouncer in the room, but because the only door with trim was the main entrance door of our room, much of the time our door was wide open while my husband and I were getting ready for dinner etc, because bouncing in his jumper was our little ones favorite thing to do. The maids got a HUGE kick out of him as his would cue at them when they would walk by. The hotel made sure we had a cabana each day to keep out son out of the sun if needed. The service was awesome! The drinks and food were amazing! This hotel really is awesome!!! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased that we were able to put your mind at ease during your vacation, as traveling with a new baby can be stressful. We certainly are happy your baby was still able to play in his bouncer and have a blast. We love to see happy guests here! We hope you and your family return soon for more fun-filled memories!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Thank you Sandpearl Resort!
This place went above and beyond in making sure that we had the best experience possible.
Everything exceeding our expectations. Excellent customer service from the second you get checked-in with complimentary mimosas, and great service from valet and bell staff. Our view from the room was incredible and we were impressed with all of the features heres. Private white-sand beach with kids smores every evening with safe firepit on beach with great decor and atmosphere!
I have never seen my girls so happy and excited in their entire lives and I wanted to share how incredible our stay was. We look forward to bringing the family back to your here for our next family vacation!!!!

Room Tip: Junior Suite Gulf View- Such a beautiful Room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so delighted to hear our staff at the Sandpearl Resort were able to help create lifetime memories for you and your family. I am happy your children were excited at the firepit and enjoyed the s'mores! We would love for you to return soon for more fun-filled memories with the family!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I were married on the beach and held our reception at the Sandpearl Resort a couple Saturdays ago. In addition, we spent 4 nights there during our wedding weekend. The ceremony and reception were absolutely wonderful and memorable, and we'd highly, highly recommend the Sandpearl for weddings.

The resort itself was fantastic! The lobby and infinity pool just off it are Florida chic and a beautiful welcome to such a lovely place. Loved the champagne at checkin. The check-in process was smooth and we were up in the room in no time. We had quite a lot of luggage, but the bellhops were quick to unload it from our rental car and take it to our room via the service elevator.

Our room was a corner gulf front junior suite on the fifth floor. The balcony was private, unlike many of the rest of the balconies at the Sandpearl where you can reach out and high five your neighbor. The view of the beach and Gulf and up the coast was incredible. Never heard our neighbors.

The suite was spacious enough for myself and four bridesmaids to get ready in the day of the wedding. Bed was so comfortable; there was a large bathroom with a separate walk-in shower and tub; and there was a good-sized seating area with desk and pull-out sofa. The only drawback was having to shut the shutters whenever someone was using the bathroom. Housekeeping was prompt each morning and turndown service was a nice touch each evening.

Our wedding guests were in various rooms throughout the property and had good things to say about their rooms. Many of the coastal view rooms do overlook the rooftop, and one of our guests was disappointed with that, although they still could see the beach and up the coast.

After the wedding, we were able to relax by the pool and on the beach. The pool was busy, but not crowded. We never had a problem finding chairs together. Hot tubs were warm. The beach chairs were comfortable and included in the resort fee; we did not rent the umbrella.

We ordered food and cocktails from Tate Island Grill a few times throughout the weekend. Service was consistent and generally fast. Both were good, and not as expensive as I would have thought for a beach resort. Our wedding food was fabulous.

Many of our guests raved about Frenchy's and the Clearsky Cafe, both of which are on either side right next door to the Sandpearl. I never got a chance to go to either place, but my husband did get to the Clearsky and had excellent things to say. Can't beat the location from the Sandpearl!

My sister, mom and I enjoyed some spa time before the wedding. Prices were comparable to spas at home and the spa was beautiful - a perfect retreat before the whirlwind of a wedding.

We will of course go back to the Sandpearl, hopefully for many future anniversaries and other vacations. It's a great place for a wedding or just to get away from the every day and relax.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so happy you had a wonderful wedding week at the resort and our staff were able to make it memorable for you. Thank you for sharing such a special occasion with us. I am glad you were able to have a little retreat in the spa and feel comfortable at the pool and beach areas. It is great to hear you experienced efficient service and a smooth check in process. We appreciate the kind words and are delighted you wish to return for future anniversaries and vacations! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!