“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , would recommend. The outside facilities are very nice. The rooms are solid , could use an upgrade on the linen , but overall solid hotel .

The food was very good, did not experience spa so cannot comment

• Stayed October 2012
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you found our food to be delicious and we hope you return soon to perhaps experience the spa as well during your next visit!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

From the moment you arrive, you feel welcome. The staff is prompt and courteous, always with a smile and a greeting. The public places and rooms are spotless. The rooms are large with all amenities there: a refrigerator with a full assortment of bar items for sale, and another refrigerator for your own use, real wine and water glasses, coffee maker, robes, slippers...We had a furnished balcony overlooking the pool, beach and gulf. We enjoyed beautiful sunsets every evening.
The bathrooms are elegantly appointed from a roomy shower to a soothing bathtub with shutters that open to let you enjoy the gulf view while soaking in the bubbles. Again, all the amenities are available in the bathroom. There are enough plugs to power up your personal phones, iPads, or computers and use of a free WIFI.
The pool is well maintained with many private or more open areas to lounge around. The staff there was attentive to all our needs. We never felt crowded.
We ate at the Tata Island Grill and enjoyed our lunch overlooking the Gulf.
We had dinner at Caretta on the Gulf, again, enjoying the Beach and Gulf views. Both places had excellent food and upstanding service.
From check in to check out, it was a delight to be a guest of the Sandpearl Resort.

Room Tip: The full gulf view, on upper floors has the best sunsets.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. It is our pleasure to warmly welcome you to our resort. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer you. I am so happy you were able to relax at our pool and experience the gorgeous sunsets from your balcony. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Sand Pearl is a perfect destination for your Florida vacation--beautiful facility, friendly and helpful staff that anticipated and accommodated our needs seamlessly. The location is right on the beach, the pool area is designed for relaxation and soaking up the rays; the five star restaurant was beyond delish! We would recommend this resort to anyone looking for rest and relaxation and that golden Florida tan!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the beach experience the sunset--and in September you can see it before you go to d...
Green Features: Loved the fact that recycling was convenient--even within our room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted you enjoyed the food and service at our signature restaurant on property. We appreciate your feedback and hope you return soon for more rest, relaxation, and Florida sun!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I debated between giving the Sandpearl 3 or 4 stars...I ultimately decided on 4 because I think I was being too picky the first few days. My husband and I have been doing all inclusive vacations in Mexico and the Caribbean for the past 9 years and this was our first non all inclusive trip. I will admit, it was tough the first 48 hours to get used to. It doesn't help that drinks at the resort are $10 each, with additional tax and tip added in, and they are served in little cups not that much bigger than bathroom Dixie cups. Also, I read review after review saying how luxurious the resort is and how you will feel pampered during your stay. Here is my opinion...keep in mind I've been spoiled as my husband told me repeatedly having stayed at Secrets Maroma for my last 3 vacations...if you normally vacation in places like Myrtle Beach or Ocean City (nothing wrong with these places, just using them as a point of reference) you will likely feel pampered at the Sandpearl. But if you are used to Caribbean-style resorts where customer service is their priority, you will wonder what previous reviewers were talking about. That being said, there were some things I preferred...1. Nightlife...you are able to leave the hotel and walk for about a mile and a half to the right and feel totally safe, checking out restaurants and shops. And Pier 60 is neat on the weekends (totally dead during the week). 2. Dolphins...we saw them daily from the beach. 3. The AC works 100 times better than any Caribbean/Mexican resort we stayed in. 4. Union Burger/Coffee Culture - while we did not eat a burger, the desserts were AMAZING. The red velvet muffins and chocolate chips cookies alone would make me go back there :) 5. The Tate Grill for lunch was very good, although it took a LONG time for the food to be served. 6. The location really can't be beat...right on the beach and you have restaurants, shops, bars, a liquor store and CVS with a one block radius. 7. Room/bathroom - very nice although they do not dust between people. There was an obvious layer of dust on the dresser, desk and side table when we got there which left me wondering what else they didn't clean. But the bathroom was huge compared to most hotels. The ledge that ran the length of the mirror is a great idea new hotels should copy. 8. The view from the lowest level room was very nice, facing the bay on the 6th floor. 9. The resort is decorated beautifully, from art on the walls to the palm trees around the pool, it is breathtaking. 10. The elevator setup where it takes you right to the pool/beach was nice and something I had never seen before.

Now for the cons...1. The beach...obviously not the bright turquoise blue waters we are used to, and also not very "clear" despite the name. 2. The drink prices are ridiculous for the few sips you receive. 3. The beach umbrella situation is a joke...they charge a $25 "resort" fee which you would think covered the chairs/umbrellas. Well it doesn't...it only covers the chairs, it's another $25 for the umbrella. I've never heard of this EVER. Although it was nice to know you had a reserved spot in the shade all day, the umbrella is about big enough for Ken and Barbie so the person on the outside is all squished up trying to keep limbs and feet in the shade. We mentioned this at checkout and they said it was because they obviously do not have enough umbrellas for everyone (there are 30). However, this is a problem every resort faces and it has always been the first people there get the umbrellas. Oddly enough, chairs AND umbrellas at the pool are included in the resort fee. Of 3 days we spent under the beach umbrella, we were only charged once. We were asked our room number each day before our butts were even in the chairs which annoyed me. There was a storm that rolled in very quickly one afternoon and I was almost impaled by an umbrella that ripped out of the sand in the wind. Funny how they are all over you for the $25 they may or may not remember to charge to your room, but when a storm rolls in they are not on top of keeping everything secure. A security guard came over when he saw the umbrella over my chair that I luckily had vacated about 5 seconds earlier to take a picture of the clouds. I jokingly asked if I'd still have to pay the $25 if the umbrella killed me. He said I'd have had no problems suing the resort if I had been sitting there. Oh well, that's a problem I don't need. That's the one day we were charged too. 4. The poor beach server guys were a little clueless. Granted, it was very hot, but we were given other peoples bills twice in about an hour timespan. I was about to just start scribbling a signature as it was already being charged to their room. 5. We were there during what the employees called an extremely slow month (Sept). The place was packed over the weekend. They have a beach club so people can use the facilities without staying the night and also just seem to let anyone in to use the pool and occupy the free chairs. If the pool was bigger this wouldn't be a problem but it is tiny for the amount of guestrooms they have, not even counting beach club members and people off the street. 6. The price is a little outrageous, I caught what I was told was a spectacular deal with a coupon code on orbitz and paid about $200 per night. That made the items on my cons list not so bad. I would NEVER pay $500+ to stay here, it just is not deserving of that kind of money.

All in all, the pros outweighed the cons so I decided on 4 stars. The Sandpearl is supposedly the best service-wise in Clearwater. If that is true, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Not that the service was bad, but for what I read I just expected more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm sure anyone thinking of going to Clearwater is reading reviews about the Sandpearl. It's as good as they say. First, a note about Clearwater- my family and I have never been but we have been all over the Carribean. We were unsure at first how much we would like the beach but we were shocked how clean the sand was and how wonderfully warm and calm the water was. The water is clear- not crystal, but thats due to the fine powder white sand. We saw stingrays, fish and even two dolphins close by. Really amazing.

Back to the property- really a wonderful place. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. They maintain the property to very high standards and service (from room service, to housekeeping, to the front desk) was really top-notch. The only real negative about the place is that if you go when its crowded, then I think the pool area would feel small. There are tons of chairs, but not enough for a property that size. What hurts more is that on the Saturday during my stay, there were clearly tons of people who were not guests using the pool. Some were locals, some were visiting guests and some looked like other tourists just checking the place out (so crowded I could hear why people were there). I was asked to wear a wristband on the weekend, but I would say only 30% of people using the facilities had one on. There was zero security checking. Honestly, this was a major disappointment. The next day on Sunday, I saw security walking around with a clipboard checking names and handing out bracelets again, but this was too late and I assume this happens occassionally (I've read other reviews saying the same thing). This is really the only thing that prevents me from giving this place a full 5 stars in my review. The hotel really should take crowd maintenance more seriously.

But that's really it. Everything else was perfect. The food wasn't amazing, but breakfast was great and actually a very good deal (kids under 10 eat free). We checked the other properties in Clearwater and we think this is the best. We had a Gulf view room and I think its worth the extra cost. So nice to see the sunset at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My father, grandfather and I stayed at the Sandpearl for a weekend stay during a fishing trip in mid august. Overall, this is a very nice resort. The staff is friendly and courteous (offering mimosas upon arrival). The grounds are fantastic including a beautiful lounge/lobby, a gift shop, a lovely pool area and a great access point to the beach. Around sundown was very enjoyable sitting outside the resort by the beach and having a drink. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The bathrooms are nice. The beds were comfortable, something much needed after a day spent on the ocean in the elements. I found our stay at the Sandpearl to be very relaxing and worthy of a visit in the future when in Clearwater. An added bonus about the resort is that it's very close to a shopping complex with a bakery/ice cream shop (worth going to), a hulk hogan store (funny to go in), restaurants and a CVS.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean (obviously), we were facing the side next to a restaurant which was not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay in August at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am happy you were able to experience what Clearwater Beach has to offer as well as relax at the resort. We would love to have you again the next time you visit Clearwater to enjoy the shopping and sunshine!

Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about the Sandpearl. Stayed a week with our two boys (12 and 10) and everyone had a blast. One bedroom suite was perfect for our family and the boys did not mind the pull out couch at all. Pool and restaurants are wonderful and service is top notch. If you need anything, ask and the staff will d everything to accommodate you. From free beach chairs with waiters on the sand, to a well stocked service center poolside, there are surprises at every turn. Just a short walk from the pier and surrounded by restaurants of all sorts, the location is fabulous. Would definitely recommend, and am anxious to return myself!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort! I am delighted to hear you and your family had a blast and our staff was accommodating during your stay. It is our pleasure to do whatever we can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you and your family return soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!