“Great Family Resort!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Great Family Resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband had business in the Tampa/Clearwater area so I went along just to hang out while he worked. I had to WONDERFUL massages by Kathy in the spa. I would have gone everyday except for the fact she didn't work every day I was there. :( The gym had what I needed but I was very small. At least not many other people were in there working out. I stayed away from the pool all together as it was FULL of kids. I was there without mine so I didn't feel like getting splashed by everyone else's. The beach was great. Very clean. There were umbrella's with lounge chairs you could reserve for the day but I just took one of the free one's right next to them. I ate lunch everyday at Tate's Grill on the beach at the resort. Food was always great. Service was A+!! from every bartender and waitstaff.
One night my husband was working late so I ordered room service. BIG MISTAKE!!!!> It was $48 just for me with NO beverage. The chicken was TERRIBLE and the sides with it were just as bad. It was my ONLY disappointment on the trip. But I wouldn't normally order room service from a hotel so I'm not worried about every making that mistake again.
The location of the hotel is Perfect as well. Walking distance to everything! Shopping is all beachy stuff but we found one cool one with stuff we bought for ourselves and brought home to our kids (19-21), Maui Nix.
Overall great experience at this resort. We would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Outside room facing the beach for sure!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your experience at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am glad to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the resort during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Ocean City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A little late on my review but stayed for a week and the Sand Pearl and was very impressed. Everyone went out of their way to may you feel welcome. Clean and comfortable room make a stay great. Word of advise get a pool and ocean view facing south as close to ocean front as possible. Food average Pool Bar good Pool Clean. Chairs right oof beach best. Any kind of food and drink within easy walking distance. Really don't need car unless traveling out of the beach area. We spend a lot of time in Marco island at the Marriott. Marriott a little more upscale but need a car. For a great relaxing vacation Sand Pearl is right up there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that our staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome as the art of hospitality is something we practice everyday here. We appreciate your visit and do hope that when you return to Clearwater Beach you choose to stay with us again.

Lake Wales, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Sand Pearl Hotel is located on Clearwater Beach, Fl. It is a 6* Hotel. Professional men trained in the safety and locked procedures of Valet Parking. Upon arrival you are offered a complimentary champagne, mimosa or apple juice. The staff is friendly and know their roles to make certain that each and every guest is treated with the most respect.
The amenities of the hotel are far too many to mention. To give you an idea, massage and spas, full service gym, internet computer lounge, concierge to answer any questions, large pool; kid friendly, 2 jacuzzies, and beautiful yellow plush towels and comfortable yellow lounge chairs with yellow umbrellas. Once you enter your suite you know you are in the best hotel. All white and crisp linen, lots of towels, soaps, bath gel, shampoo and conditioner. Large flat screen TV, a wet bar with lots of glass wine and drink glasses. I love the LOCKED Vault in the room. All restaurants, gift shops, and shopping is within walking distance. The Pier 60, offers beautiful sunsets, entertainment, artists selling crafts, art works, etc. You can also fish off the end area of Pier 60 all day-24 hours. $18.00/adult with fishing rod, reel and large fresh shrimp as bait. You do NOT need a fishing license. Guaranteed to catch lots of fish and see a lot of Dolphins. There is a restored shack to get food, snacks and buy souveniers. We will be going back yearly. We had a fabulous time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bay View Room. This was less costly than facing the beach. However, we looked to th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your positive feedback from your recent visit to The Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad to hear you had such a great time, and even happier to hear that you will be returning to see us again. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and had a great time. Everyone was very nice, nice pool, great beach, good location. We enjoyed ourselves and hope to return soon.
I do have one suggestion, give your guest wrist bands to keep unwanted guest from pool area.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. No need to thank us, it is our pleasure, we thank you for staying with us. We do utilize wrist bands when business requires it in order to keep non guests from utilizing the pool, but going forward we will look into using the wrist bands more frequently, thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed staying here Sunday evening. We loved the champagne at check-in. The rooms and common areas are very luxurious. The pool area was smaller than I thought it was but still nice-we spent some time lounging there. Service at the pool bar was not very friendly.

Very kid-friendly. The ping pong and game area to the north of the pool was fun and the kids enjoyed a hotel scavenger hunt...

I highly recommend this hotel-much value for the price!

Room Tip: Bayside didn't really mean view of bay-we overlooked garbage area and restaurant delivery area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback of your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed such a luxurious experience with us. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Sandpearl for 5 days, 4 nights for the week of my Bday last weekend...The atmosphere is wonderful!...The rooms are immaculate...The beach is amazing!!!...My only complaint is that I wish there was more than one pool because it can get pretty crowded really early in the morning (lol)...My only advice when staying is here is make sure you get a Gulf Front view!!...And as far as the service goes...Well MOST of the staff here is TOP NOTCH...The houseman and housekeepers were so pleasant and meticulous (LOVE the towel doves...Nice touch!)...The concierge was so very helpful when it came to finding good restaurants to recommend...Everyone at the front desk truly gave service with a smile (and the Mimosa that greeted me was awesome btw!)...The only employee I had a problem with at the Sandpearl was the security guard...My fiancee and I were going the fireside one evening to ring in my Bday with a celebratory drink, and he immediately approached us and started accusing of not belonging there...He was extremely rude until we put him in his place and he finally realized we were guests at the resort...I hope that he starts to treat ALL guests of ALL colors, race, creed, and nationalities equally...Other than that, I couldn't think of a better way to bring in my special day:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday week with us and that our staff was there for you to enhance your experience. We appreciate your feedback and do hope that the next time you come to Clearwater Beach, you stay with us again.

Marysville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a super time. We booked through their website and got a better deal than Expedia. They upgraded us to a room with a view of the Gulf of Mexico and the pool. Be prepared for extra charges of resort fees and valet parking. $45 extra a day. There were always clean beach towels and plenty of beach chairs. They also have free boogie boards, but you have to ask to use them. This isn't posted anywhere.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to a room with a view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am glad you got to enjoy our beautiful pool and beach area and that you had a great stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!