“An amazing adventure” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
jacksonville
“An amazing adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. He found out that the traditional gift to give on this anniversary was the pearl. It seemed fitting that we celebrate at the Sandpearl resort. We begun our adventure with a sunrise from a beach-front hotel in Daytona to sunset at the Clearwater resort. I notified the hotel about our stay and they arranged for us to ring the famous Tate bell from the historic hotel on the beach at sunset. The activities director even video taped and snapped some photos for us.

From the moment we arrived to the Sandpearl we were greeted warmly and graciously with a complimentary upgrade to a beach-front suite and glasses of champagne! Our room and view was beyond belief with a perfectly appointed suite of living and bedroom furniture. The bathroom was huge and a lounging tub that the shutters in the bathroom opened up so that you could see the ocean while bathing.

While we were out at exploring the hotel and taking lots of pictures....room service delivered an elegant plate of chocolate dipped strawberries with a congratulations card. There was the Keruig coffee maker, hairstylist performance hairdryer, bottles of water, optional mini bar...so much more. The rooms must have extra insulation because we didn't hear a peep and with the room-darkening shades I could have slept til noon!

I could go on and on...but I won't. The price is up there....but you have to try it if not but for just one night as we did! I am truly spoiled now and am saving up for our next visit!

Room Tip: Higher floor and beach front if possible. We went to Frenchy's restaurant which is located to o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that your husband chose to treat you a sunrise to sunset experience in Florida, it is one of my favorite things to do! I am glad that you chose us as your sunset destination, and thank you for providing us with feedback from your adventure and your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Lockport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The Sandpearl is the only place we will stay when visiting Clearwater Beach. It is hands down the best place to stay. The resort is beautiful. The staff is helpful, friendly and accommodating. Rooms are roomy and clean. The pool is perfect. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at The Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad that you have enjoyed another perfect stay with us and that you consider us the best on the beach. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your feedback.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a wonderful family trip! We could not have asked for a better time at the Sandpearl!
When we arrived we were greeted by the friendly valet. When we got into the lobby check-in was a breeze. We were offered a cocktail. Our room was so nice and so clean. I felt like we were the first to stay in the room! The private beach area was perfect. The pool was uncrowded and so nice. The Sandpearl is in a great location. We stayed two nights then headed to Disney World. When we got to Disney I thought I had misplaced my glasses. I looked and looked. I took a chance and called the Sandpearl three days after we checked out. Sure enough, I left my glasses in our room. The housekeeping employee I spoke to was so nice. She knew right away that they found glasses. She asked the room I stayed in. She offered to mail my glasses back to me FREE of charge! Wow!
I now have my glasses and wonderful memories of our amazing stay at the Sandpearl! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa so I didn't rate it but I am sure they didn't skimp!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach. I am so glad you enjoyed your family trip with us, and I am also delighted to hear that we were able to return your lost glasses back to you. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to providing you and your family with even more memories the next time you visit.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a few times and we always enjoy the stay. The rooms are a good size and some have a kitchen. The pool is fantastic and the pool service is also good. They have a great bar on the beach with a pit fire where we enjoy sitting in the evenings while enjoying a drink. Clearwater beach is one of the nicest beaches in the world with sugar like sand.

We enjoy having breakfast at the restaurant across the street as well as eating at the small Frenchies restaurant that is on the other side of the road. Plenty to do within walking distance of the hotel.

We definitely recommend staying at this hotel. It is the best in Clearwater.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed a relaxing evening at our very own Tate Island Grill sitting around the fire pit. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

St Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Over this is a nice hotel and the staff very is friendly for the most part. My issues with Sandpearl is the constant nickel and dime routine you run into, and for services and amenities you normal have included, even at hotels of the same or even greater quality. And a note to management, if you read this, please don't try to offer some lame excuse about the resort fee being of high value, its not. I have stayed at many resorts that do not charge this fee, it would be an easy fix to discontinue it or at least offer parking with the resort fee. It just a B.S. fee to bring in more profit, period. Anyways, if you plan on driving here understand that you must pay to valet your vehicle ($20 per night), there are no other options! No street parking (all metered) and no other free public parking period. It appears that he hotels around here have done well at petitioning the city of Clearwater to offer no alternative parking options. Just disappointing because you normally find this information in advance when browsing a hotel website, yes it says there is valet on their website but not that its the ONLY option. Speaking of valet I'm not sure what the name is of the valet attendant (big overweight blond guy with glasses) but his customer service skills are non-existent, borderline rude. That being said all the other attendants we encountered were very friendly. As for check-in we were also a bit disappointed as it took them 20 minutes to check us in because our room was not assigned yet, why I don't know, we made our reservation 30+ days prior. Most other hotels where I have this issue they at least offer a room upgrade or apologize. When we arrived at our room we were surprised that we had two queen beds when I specifically requested a king via a phone call two weeks prior, again they offered no upgrade or even an apology when I called the front desk to inquire about this mistake. And be careful about what room they put you in, if you are in the North Wing and the last two digits are an odd number (ex. room # 515) you will have a great coastal view alright......... along with a view of the loud air conditioner, trash dumpsters, and condemned building in the alley next door (see attached pictures). If you like to sit on your patio to enjoy peace and quiet then you won't get it in the north wing-odd numbered rooms. My last complaint is just about the general "nickel and diming" that goes on here. And considering you are charged a separate $25 per day "resort fee" you would think many of these thing are included. You want a beach chair, fork over $25 bucks or more per day. I could go on but just be prepared to pay an extra $45 per day total for your parking and resort fees. As for food at the hotel we only ate at the Tate island grill, while my wife's hamburger was okay my chicken sandwich was almost inedible, this coming from a military guy who ate bugs and grubs in combat survival training! The waiter was friendly and apologized so we gave them another chance two nights later and did not have much better food on this visit either (Chicken wrap and another burger). Also Tate needs more staff, I saw people leave because they waited up to 15 minutes for a server who were all very busy and overworked waiting on other tables. All this being said it is a very nice property, great beach and sunsets, and lots of shops to walk to along Mandalay street. As a tip, I would stop at Target on the way here to stock up on snacks and other little travel items, if not you will pay top dollar at the hotel or nearby. I'm surprised they don't try to charge you for every shopping bag you carry onto the property, okay yes I'm being sarcastic but that's the impression I was left with. If you plan on drinking then stop and purchase alcohol as well, drinks are top dollar. As for the atmosphere it seemed fairly quiet here, no loud thumping beach music or any of the associated noise. Although there are signs all over stating that no drinks are allowed around the pool the staff seemed very relaxed about this rule and I never saw it being enforced, I guess that could be a good or bad thing, in our case we never saw any issues with it. I liked the nights by the pool, fairly quiet and mood is very relaxed with a nice breeze blowing through. We went for five nights beginning May 30 and the demographics was approximately 50% families with young kids under 10, and the rest consisting of couples of all age ranges. This is no singles resort (at least while we are here) so don't expect it if that's what you are looking for, maybe during spring break. I read several other reviews referring to the pool area being very busy but we did not experience any problems with pool chair availability nor was the pool overcrowded, maybe because we went during a down week after the holiday weekend. Overall this is a nice resort, just be prepared to pay extra for things that should be included. Hidden fees are always a tacky signature, if not for that and the other little issues I would have at least given a 4 out of 5 rating.

Room Tip: Try to not let them place you in a room with an odd number (ex 515) in the north wing otherwise you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very friendly staff. We were greeted with a glass of champagne on arrival. They did upgrade our room. The restaurant was excellent. Great food and the prices were not that bad. The grounds and rooms were upkept well and is located near the pier and the downtown shopping.

Room Tip: Try to get as high of a floor as possible. Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities and the grounds and rooms exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have just spent two nights at the sand pearl , we arrived late in the evening in terrible weather and the room we were given was large and overlooked the front towards the bay, we have no complaints about the room and the hotel location on the wonderful beach, you have to use the valet parking for which they charge you $ 20 a day ! Other " resort fees " amount to $25 per day even Though we only arrived after 9 pm they still charged us for that day.
You can save money by having breakfast at the next door clear sky cafe and we had a good meal at frencheys on the beach. The hotel location makes it easy to walk out and explore.
Clearwater is great and if it wasn't for the rip off resort fees we would have rated it more highly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at The Sandpearl Resort. As far as your concerns with the resort fee; the resort fee is a combination of amenities to enhance our guest’s experience, it is a fixed charge that every guest that stays at The Sandpearl Resort pays. If you look into what the fee covers while you stay at the resort, it does hold high value for our guests. I hope that you were able to enjoy the beautiful amenities and location that The Sandpearl has to offer while you were here. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!