“Beautiful resort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Virginia
“Beautiful resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Beautiful beach, convenient location, great food and drinks at resort restaurants. We had a 2 room suite and were so thankful for the full kitchen and washer/dryer. We saved so much money by hitting the Publix just a few mins away.

The only reason I did not give the resort 5 stars is because of some issues at check in and some subpar housekeeping. I called the resort when we arrived in the area at 1pm, simply to request a call when the room was ready. I did not expect an early check in. Was told it would be ready shortly and we could go ahead and preregister. So, we swung by the hotel around 1:30, gave my credit card, etc. and was told they should be calling me within an hour to check in. At 3:45, we wanted to know if it was safe to buy cold items at the grocery store, called and was told the room was being worked on and it was guaranteed to be ready at 4. Got to the hotel at 4 and was told the room was not ready and they would call as soon as it was ready (we confirmed by cell phone number.) At 4:30, I checked again. The room was ready and the agent said they just left me a message. I received no such message. She asked for my credit card even though I had already preregistered. They had absolutely no record of me being there 3 hours prior. She then inisisted my credit card was expired, even though it clearly states the expiration on the card, and had to swipe it twice. It was just a really frustrating experience that did not need to be so difficult and I will be amazed if I don't have some issues with my credit card statement, being that my card was run 4 times.

As for housekeeping, the rooms clearly were not vacuumed daily as the same crumbs remained under the dining table all week. Also, our sheets were never changed. Literature in the room indicated the sheets would be changed on the third day, but clearly never were. This wouldnt have been an issue except for the fact that some sand found its way in my kids' beds. For the $1000 a night we paid for our suite, these don't seem like big things to ask. Otherwise, housekeeping consistently refreshed towels and supplies.

Other than these two issues, would highly recommend this resort and would love to go back.

Room Tip: Caladesci suite provides panoramic view of all angles
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your two bedroom suite complete with the full kitchen. Thank you for sharing your concerns with our front desk check in experience as well as with our housekeeping department, we have addressed these issues with our teams. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at the resort at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again and we appreciate your feedback.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from the Sand Pearl and it was amazing. We were there to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday. At check in, they upgraded us to a Suite. The room was beautiful and had two balconies facing the gulf. They also delivered chocolate covered strawberries to our room that afternoon. The perfect place to celebrate and watch a beautiful sunset. Everyone at the hotel was so helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that you chose The Sandpearl for your husband's 40th birthday, it was a pleasure to have you. We hope you make this a tradition and we see you for more birthdays and holidays in the near future. Thank you once again, we appreciate your feedback.

Koszalin, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice hotel with beautiful grounds and good food. For such a pricey place, I expected the rooms to be nicer. Don't get me wrong, they are nice but average. The location is great, right on the beach and walking distance to shops and restaurants. Not sure I would stay there again for $500+ a night and we booked early. The prices went up to $700/ night for the time we were there (3/24-27). The service was good and the rooms were clean. However, we were not supplied with a "Do Not Disturb" sign (and were not able to get on from housekeeping). That was annoying!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Beautiful resort however
Housekeeping has knocked twice on door 830am and 930am even though there is a do not disturb sign.
Checkout isn't until 11
Long wait for valet yesterday and they brought wrong car

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. Please accept my sincere apology for the issue you had with Housekeeping knocking on your door too early in the morning even though there was a DND sign. I am not sure why that happened but I will meet with our Executive Housekeeper and review your comments.

If you would like to speak in person and you feel it appropriate please feel free to contact me at the resort.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were lucky enough to visit the Sandpearl with friends. It really is breathtaking. I cannot complement the staff enough, they were incredibly efficient, generous with their time, kindly towards the children and discreet when required. The Concierge were incredibly helpful - nothing was too much trouble and Valet were friendly and quick to deliver.

The views from the beach restaurant are incredible and the food exceptional - we cannot fault this hotel it is perfect in every way.

Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sandpearl. I am so happy to hear that you found our property fabulous.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced with your room type and housekeeping. During busy times it is often difficult to accomodate all requests however we do our best to try to make each guests happy. Many times the agreement that we have with our third party vendors is for a standard room however no specifics are given. It is for that reason that sometimes you can receive lower rates than the hotel offers directly. It does sound though that we could have done a better job of explaining that to you during your stay. i will follow up with our Front Office Manager and review with his team.

If you would like to speak in person regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me at the resort. I do hope that you come back and visit us.

Regards,
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have recently returned from a fantastic stay at this beautiful hotel. It is absolutely lovely and they have thought of everything to ensure you have a great holiday.

The staff are all so nice- they must get really good training and it is obvious they enjoy their work - they all look really smart and make you welcome- nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are lovely and the beds super-comfy with top quality bed linen. A fridge for drinks and snacks. Huge bathroom with loads of towels, robes and toiletries. Good quality coffee machine (we kept fresh milk in the fridge). Lights inside the wardrobes and a large safe. The turndown service provided chocolates, relaxing pillow spray and word of wisdom card - nice little extra touch.

The pool area is beautiful with loads of sunloungers, top quality pool/beach towels, complimentary iced strawberry water. The hot tubs were so nice and hot - you could sit there and enjoy the sunset. It is really nice you could walk out a gate from the pool straight onto the sand. There are loungers on the beach as well as hammocks and chairs round a fire pit.

I agree with all the previous positive reviews - and feel i could go on and on -if you want a top quality hotel in Clearwater this is it! Enjoy.

Room Tip: No bad rooms!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your positive experience here at The Sandpearl Resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that our staff provided an unforgettable experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

uk yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

stayed here for a few nights last July had great weather hot like i like it and sunny

for the price i paid which was expensive out of the hotels i went too but got a good deal at just over £120 per night from asda it was the third best hotel i stayed at out of the 6 i stayed in within the 16 days i was in Florida

overall a great hotel but never got a balcony but our friends did who booked at the same place as me , the champagne on arriving was a nice touch and the staff were friendly entertainment at night could be better bit boring around the hotel then , enjoyed table tennis at the hotel could do with upgrading the bats tho

drinks expensive and lots of secret little fees added spend most of the time fishing on the pier which you can hire from the pier( caught a few small stuff but one guy caught a 35ib hammer head shark which he returned to the water also saw dolphins swim pass twice) spent a lot of time in the sea and eating round the corner at Frenchys which was great

this was by 2nd visit to clearwater last time stayed in the hilton which was cheaper and better loved the place but probably wont return for a while as want to travel around europe a bit more i really enjoy turkey in southern europe as the people cant do enough for you

also a good place to visit for a few hours was:

The Pub - 15 min drive. Along Gulf Blvd. open day and eve. Casual restaurant and bar on the water. V cheap. Burgers etc. Get a table outside much better than inside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Sandpearl. I was glad to hear that you liked several things about our hotel and that you found our associates friendly. I am also glad you got the opportunity to do some fishing from the pier.

While you are right, the Sandpearl is definately not a cheap place to stay we feel that we offer a unique experience that can't be matched. I would definately invite you back to give the Sandpearl another shot. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

If you would like to speak in person regarding your stay please feel free to reach out to me at the resort.

Regards,
Eric Waltz

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!