“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gilbert, AZ
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Beautiful hotel right on the ocean. Great restaurants and fun pool. Very convienent to get to and everything around is in walking distance. There is a great restaurant at the pool and on the ocean that has reasonable drinks, burgers, and appetizers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear BuddysArmy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a great time pool and beachside and enjoyed one of our restaurants Tate Island Grill. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Nelspruit, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

From the moment you pull up to the entrance where the concierge welcomes and opens the door for you, this resort teaches other hotels a thing or two about customer service and how to get that 5 star rating.

The champagne and mimosas offered upon check-in fit the elegant, beachy decor, and all the staff go out of their way to ensure that you have a dreamy, relaxing vacation where nothing is a problem.

The rooms are sunny and bright, and even though we had a special rate due to a wedding function, ours had a balcony and a wonderful view of the beach. The beds are comfy, the bathrooms are huge. Robes and slippers await you in the cupboard, so does a tempting 24 hour room service menu ($$$$) a fully stocked mini-bar ($$$$) - but the best amenity in the room is the empty little fridge in the cupboard below the TV. There is a liquor store not even a block away from the hotel so if you tend to choke at the thought of $10 cocktails and beers, this may be the way to go!

That said, the cocktails served poolside (a waiter arrives when you put up a little flag attached to the lounger) are just incredible!

Tate Island Grill serves a great choice of food and it's ALL good. Fantastic sunset views in the afternoon while live music plays down at the bar make for an unforgettable way to chill out.

Magical place; cannot rave enough - cannot wait to return!!!

ps if you are thinking about having a function here - DO IT. Co-ordinators are world class, and food from Caretta unbelievable.

Room Tip: DO try get a beach view room with balcony, it enhances the experience
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Scarlett_SA,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so please to hear that you found your stay to be flawless. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Quality in every aspect. Food, rooms and service.

Amazing sunset - Recommend sea facing rooms

Highly recommended.

We booked a Junior Suite that included a modern kitchen, full washing and drying facilities.

Top quality Buffet breakfast in the Carretta Restaurant for just over 60 dollars - 9 year old was free

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dabren1963,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so please to hear what a wonderful time you and your family had. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this resort. We checked into the Hilton Clearwater Beach hotel then immediately checked out, disgusted with the quality of their rooms. The Sand Pearl was our saving grace. Don't waste your money on any other resort. The Sand Pearl is beach front, and modern. I believe it opened in 2007 after a remodel. The staff are fantastic (especially Lindsey, front desk agent). Staff serve you champagne on check-in, there is nightly turn-down service, just absolutely fantastic. They really pay attention to the details that make your trip enjoyable. The pool is excellent, plenty of chairs (complete with their own sun shades) and you're right on the beach! I also recommend the restaurant/lounge. Great food. The only thing I would have liked was better pillows. Why don't hotels give you King size pillows on a King size bed??

Room Tip: Corner suite is large. 2 balconies (one in the bathroom)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear HabsFan21,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience you had while stay here with us at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and the amenities, and found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Clearwater area.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

First Time at this beautiful resort in Clearwater Beach. Since we were only staying one night we arrived early. We were taken care of by Kirsten at the front desk. We had a slight problem with our reservation by she handled it wonderfully and with ease. While checking in we mentioned it was our anniversary and to our surprise that night a plate of chocolate covered strawberrys with the plate decorated and saying Happy Anniversary. What a special touch and its nice that employees take the time to listen to their guests. What a first class hotel in everyway. Cannot wait to go back and this time I will stay longer!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Bay can be a little noisy with all the traffic. If you can aske for a ocean view ro...
Dear Fairster,
It is so great to hear that you and your significant other enjoyed a wonderful anniversary here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad our staff was able to cater to your needs and help create a lasting memory. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

While attending a conference at the Sandpearl I had the misfortune of letting the valet park my new car, which is the only option for parking at the Sandpearl. Little did I know I should have inspected my new vehicle before leaving the premises. After arriving home I noticed a nice size ding just behind the drivers side door. Being a new 2012 car I normally take extra care when parking my vehicle and inspect it frequently. Because of this practice I happen to know the damage did not exist before trusting the Sandpearl to park it. Unfortunately I did not inspect the vehicle before leaving, I just assumed a so called classy hotel would exercise the same care that I would with an expensive new car. I was wrong. I expect not many people think to inspect their vehicles when leaving a hotel with valet parking. I called and spoke with the security manager who refused to take any responsibility for the damage. If you must patronize the Sandpearl please take extra caution with your personal property because the Sandpearl won't.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I hope that the rest of your stay with us was great. If I can help you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Eric Waltz
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sandpearl is AMAZING...definitely worth the extra money, and especially if you are thinking of having a wedding in the area...it's the perfect location. We had a smaller destination wedding at the Sandpearl (Reception Dinner was held at Caretta's) and the ceremony was on the beach. Jessica Gillespie our event coordinator was amazing, every detail was handled in the appropriate manner and the day was perfect and beautiful. The Sandpearl Resort in itself is gorgeous, the pool is amazing, the staff is friendly and the food is terrific. Yes, it's on the more expensive side when it comes to resorts (Some of our wedding guests wanted to save $ so they stayed at the Hilton Clearwater Beach) and walked over to the Sandpearl for the events...and it worked out well too..except everything is by far better at the Sandpearl so people didn't want to leave!!! The rooms were beautiful (we were in a Junior Gulfview Suite #672)...GORGEOUS view...literally everything was perfect. Like I said...YES it's more expensive...YES there are cheaper options..But you get what you pay for. There are many restaurants within walking distance (Crabby Bills is awesome, and has an amazing happy hour 1-7pm $1.50 Beers)...Also Frenchy's Rockaway Grill next door is awesome too! A lot of our wedding group didn't rent cars and we got along just fine! :) It was a great time overall and I am waiting to go back! :) The beach is great...literally everything is perfect (even AJ Pierzynski was there with his family vacationing just fyi).....Not sure why people give this place poor reviews...I like nice places and have been to many 5 star resorts...and this is by far the best place I've stayed at in Florida. :) :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Aleshakatri,
Congratulations! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time celebrating your marriage here at the Sandpearl Resort. It sounds like everything was just perfect I am so glad that we were able to help create lasting memories for you and members of your wedding group.

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!