“Excellent 3 day stay to finish our Florida Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Sandpearl Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #6 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Excellent 3 day stay to finish our Florida Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Quality in every aspect. Food, rooms and service.

Amazing sunset - Recommend sea facing rooms

Highly recommended.

We booked a Junior Suite that included a modern kitchen, full washing and drying facilities.

Top quality Buffet breakfast in the Carretta Restaurant for just over 60 dollars - 9 year old was free

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Dabren1963,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so please to hear what a wonderful time you and your family had. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

1,256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this resort. We checked into the Hilton Clearwater Beach hotel then immediately checked out, disgusted with the quality of their rooms. The Sand Pearl was our saving grace. Don't waste your money on any other resort. The Sand Pearl is beach front, and modern. I believe it opened in 2007 after a remodel. The staff are fantastic (especially Lindsey, front desk agent). Staff serve you champagne on check-in, there is nightly turn-down service, just absolutely fantastic. They really pay attention to the details that make your trip enjoyable. The pool is excellent, plenty of chairs (complete with their own sun shades) and you're right on the beach! I also recommend the restaurant/lounge. Great food. The only thing I would have liked was better pillows. Why don't hotels give you King size pillows on a King size bed??

Room Tip: Corner suite is large. 2 balconies (one in the bathroom)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear HabsFan21,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience you had while stay here with us at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and the amenities, and found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Clearwater area.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

First Time at this beautiful resort in Clearwater Beach. Since we were only staying one night we arrived early. We were taken care of by Kirsten at the front desk. We had a slight problem with our reservation by she handled it wonderfully and with ease. While checking in we mentioned it was our anniversary and to our surprise that night a plate of chocolate covered strawberrys with the plate decorated and saying Happy Anniversary. What a special touch and its nice that employees take the time to listen to their guests. What a first class hotel in everyway. Cannot wait to go back and this time I will stay longer!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Bay can be a little noisy with all the traffic. If you can aske for a ocean view ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fairster,
It is so great to hear that you and your significant other enjoyed a wonderful anniversary here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad our staff was able to cater to your needs and help create a lasting memory. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

While attending a conference at the Sandpearl I had the misfortune of letting the valet park my new car, which is the only option for parking at the Sandpearl. Little did I know I should have inspected my new vehicle before leaving the premises. After arriving home I noticed a nice size ding just behind the drivers side door. Being a new 2012 car I normally take extra care when parking my vehicle and inspect it frequently. Because of this practice I happen to know the damage did not exist before trusting the Sandpearl to park it. Unfortunately I did not inspect the vehicle before leaving, I just assumed a so called classy hotel would exercise the same care that I would with an expensive new car. I was wrong. I expect not many people think to inspect their vehicles when leaving a hotel with valet parking. I called and spoke with the security manager who refused to take any responsibility for the damage. If you must patronize the Sandpearl please take extra caution with your personal property because the Sandpearl won't.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I hope that the rest of your stay with us was great. If I can help you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Eric Waltz
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sandpearl is AMAZING...definitely worth the extra money, and especially if you are thinking of having a wedding in the area...it's the perfect location. We had a smaller destination wedding at the Sandpearl (Reception Dinner was held at Caretta's) and the ceremony was on the beach. Jessica Gillespie our event coordinator was amazing, every detail was handled in the appropriate manner and the day was perfect and beautiful. The Sandpearl Resort in itself is gorgeous, the pool is amazing, the staff is friendly and the food is terrific. Yes, it's on the more expensive side when it comes to resorts (Some of our wedding guests wanted to save $ so they stayed at the Hilton Clearwater Beach) and walked over to the Sandpearl for the events...and it worked out well too..except everything is by far better at the Sandpearl so people didn't want to leave!!! The rooms were beautiful (we were in a Junior Gulfview Suite #672)...GORGEOUS view...literally everything was perfect. Like I said...YES it's more expensive...YES there are cheaper options..But you get what you pay for. There are many restaurants within walking distance (Crabby Bills is awesome, and has an amazing happy hour 1-7pm $1.50 Beers)...Also Frenchy's Rockaway Grill next door is awesome too! A lot of our wedding group didn't rent cars and we got along just fine! :) It was a great time overall and I am waiting to go back! :) The beach is great...literally everything is perfect (even AJ Pierzynski was there with his family vacationing just fyi).....Not sure why people give this place poor reviews...I like nice places and have been to many 5 star resorts...and this is by far the best place I've stayed at in Florida. :) :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Aleshakatri,
Congratulations! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time celebrating your marriage here at the Sandpearl Resort. It sounds like everything was just perfect I am so glad that we were able to help create lasting memories for you and members of your wedding group.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have stayed at the SandPearl several times, and it is always incredible. Exceptional staff with service that makes you smile when they interact with you, incredible views, and outstanding accommodations. My only comment for improvement is to work on the music at the pool. It has a spectacular view, cuisine, and drinks....but the music is more like what you hear in an elevator, and we asked the staff to turn it off on Saturday. Please change this so it is reflective of the personality and excellence you have achieved throughout the rest of the property. Sirius Satellite radio Bob Marley station or a blend of better Caribbean or beach tunes would be appreciated. Live music on Saturdays would be great, but at a minimum please listen to what guests are hearing when trying to relax. Love the property and will come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AmyHTampa,
WOW! I am so pleased to hear that you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed the resort. Thank you for your comments in reference to the poolside music, I will certainly share your comments with our pool deck manager. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This resort is absolutely gorgeous from the moment you step foot in the door and see the view through the floor to ceiling windows. I will list pros and cons:

Pros-beautiful inside and out, from the downstairs lobby area to the rooms (gulf view room was amazing!!), love the Keurig brewers and 2 bottles of water in the room daily, very clean, food from room service was great, refrigerator in room, they took special notice of our anniversary and that was very much appreciated, all of the staff were so kind and accommodating, from the front desk to the housekeeping to the valet, and of course, it's steps from the powder white sand! Can't beat it!

Cons-we had to switch rooms due to noise from people next door, which was not the resort's fault, but the 2nd room wasn't nearly as perfect as our first. It was not as kept up (some wear and tear on the tub and shower curtain, a hand towel was dirty, a paper by the coffee brewer was crinkled and had a ring on it like it had gotten wet with a glass, and there was no ottoman for the chair?, plus the view was from further back. Just a shame to have to leave our perfect room for that one for our last 2 nights in paradise :(, one valet person was rude and obviously didn't care about his job (but every other person there was very nice!), you MUST use valet daily, there is no other option for parking. If you're like us and tend to come and go a lot on vacation, it can be a pain to use valet.

All in all, the pros completely outweigh any cons I listed and our stay was fantastic. I would 100% recommend the Sandpearl and I hope to return one day! Just remember there is a daily resort fee and daily valet fee, but now that I've been there, I see why-this place is amazing and worth every penny!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear luv2travel022,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay with us here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so pleased to hear that you and your significant other enjoyed your anniversary. I apologize for your experience with your new room and will certainly share your concerns with the appropriate department managers. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!