“Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Overall this is a very good hotel. The rooms were nice, but be careful of the room you choose. the ones to the north get a view of the ocean, but also of some very loud air conditioners. We had a problem with a guest that threw a party all night long. I had to call the front desk twice before they addressed it and by that time I had been up all night. The hotel is right on the beach and has its own beach area. There is also a restaurant right on the beach. There is a very nice pool as well. Also be aware that the hotel charges $25 per day extra for things like water and coffee. This fee is not optional and is not included in the price of the room. There is also a $20 per day valet fee plus the tip they expect. This is also in addition to the price of the room. It is a very nice hotel with hidden fees so make sure your ok with it before you book

• Stayed October 2012
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Davos43,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I apologize that a neighboring guest was loud, we take any noise complaints very seriously and I’m very sorry we were not able to address it sooner. Our resort fee of $25.00 does include a number of items such as in room coffee, nightly shoeshine, two bottles of water daily, local phone calls, wired and wireless internet access, and access to our 24 hour business and fitness centers, and bike rental. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Clearwater Beach area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Sheffield, England.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked this hotel after reviewing the positive reviews on trip advisor. This holiday had been planned for a number of months and we decided that we would spend 9 days in Orlando staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek (excellent) and 5 days in Clearwater staying at the suggested luxurious Sandpearl!. As I Prefer members we have stayed in some very nice hotels and expected the same from the Sandpearl. On arrival we were met by a Receptionist whom was professional however her whole demeanour lacked warmth. She was what my husband would refer to as a 'jobs worth' . We were offered our welcome drinks but no bucket and spade for our youngest child (many reviews refer to this). On walking to our room I commented to my husband that the hallway carpets looked a little worn and could do with a good vacum. We had booked a coastal view room and it was our understanding this was an upgrade on the bay view rooms. On entry the room looked ok, nothing spectacular and dust was very noticeable on the skirting boards, what looked like tomatoe sauce was visible on the curtains but most disconcerting was the terrible marks on the valance to one of the beds in the first instance (coffee and shoe marks). My husband contacted reception and house keeping duly attended and the valance was changed. After unpacking and inspecting the childrens bed further I found coffee marks on the valance to the second bed, as we were about to leave for dinner we decided to inform reception instead. The professional yet extremely unpleasant receptionist was still on duty and i reported the matter to her. I also advised that I was unhappy with the room overall as we had booked an upgrade, emailed the hotel prior to our visit and yet we had a view of the garbage bins and the kitchen fans. She said this was normal and there was nothing she could do as the hotel was fully booked. I asked that she ensure the second bed valance be changed before our return later that evening. On return, the bed valance had not been changed. My husband promptly rang house keeping and we waited 20 minutes (in the meantime I took off the valance myself and placed in the corridor outside of our room). This time the maid and a Manager attended and both were extremely apologetic and the Manager offered my husband a comlimentary breakfast for all of us during our stay. Housekeeping throughout our stay was poor, toiletries not re stocked, sheets never changed (policy is every 3 days and we stayed 4 !). We also found the fact that they left two chocolates each night a little disconcerting as they were 4 guests in the room. The stay did get better and the pool and Tate's Grill offered brilliant, friendly and efficient service. The breakfast was also exceptional and we were looking forward to spending our last evening in the Caretta on the Gulf but unfortunately we had to leave the Sandpearl early. This hotel has a prime position on Clearwater Beach, a lot of time is spent maintaining the pool area, reception and restaurants. However, my perception is that the management have become somewhat complacement and believe guests will just accept the little mishaps that a number of reviewers have mentioned previously. However, that said this hotel most definately needs to address the apparent house keeping issues that many of the recent reiews/photographs mention. It is unfair to say that our stay was not enjoyable as it most definatley was. However, all the little extra's expected from a hotel of this calibre were most definately not visible and in my opion the room charges/resort fee, etc need to be reviewed with this in mind. On check out a charge had been levied on our bill for the apparent complimentary breakfast ! (My husband promptly informed the Receptionist we would not be paying this !!!!). Disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sandpearl_GM, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you were pleased with several areas of your stay however your comments regarding Housekeeping were concerning. We take great pride in our housekeeping processes and it appears that we disappointed you during your stay. For that I am very sorry. Please rest assured that I have spoken with the Housekeeping team and relayed your message.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you feel it appropriate.

Regards
Eric Waltz
DFW, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed on an ocean front two bedroom suite! The room was super clean and beautifully furnished! The beach was beautiful and the grounds kept very well. We loved the beachfront grill and lazy days in the baby-powder soft white sand.

The negative for our stay -- my earrings that I've had for 10 years were taken from our bathroom during cleaning. I am always good about hiding my valuables either in a safe or a very inconspicous location but this morning, I forgot to put them away before we left our room. The safe was located in our friends room so I didn't bother them to hide them away. That day the cleaning person came and left several things out of sorts (dishes dirty in the sink, towels on the floor in another area) and the earrings missing. I was so sad! The local security person was kind in his helping us write a report, but overall the hotel did nothing to compensate or take responsibility. The room and resort was way to expensive for there to be no attempt at restitution.

We visited the spa and it was awesome! For sure worth the visit.

This is a beautiful hotel, just hide anything of value!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Super convenient location! Easy walk to restaurants and shops and right on the beautiful white sand beach! Super clean and modern facilities. Pool is nice but lounge chairs are crowded. If you don't want to rent an umbrella or cabana on the beach, lounge chairs are limited. We were there during a non peak time so didn't have any problems finding a chair, but during a busier time, it would be a problem. Starbucks is on site. Two bottles of water per day and K-cup coffee are provided. I guess this is part of the resort fee? $20 per day valet parking is mandatory. Overall, a great hotel if you want nice, clean and beachfront!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear aeglobetrotter,
Thank you for your response to your most recent stay with us here at the Sandpearl Resort. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was an absolute Amazing Place to stay.While it is a little on the high side in price (what beach hotel is not?).It was totally worth it.They have everything there or within walking distance.Wife Loved the Spa.The Pool and Sauna were clean and nice.And the BEACH, PERFECT! Wish I was able to spend more than one night. Also, if you have questions on things, the valet guys are great to ask.They will point you in the right direction to "save" you a little $$

I recommended this place to my friends, who in turn decided to go there to stay for their wedding.Im sure they will really enjoy this Awesome place.

Negatives: $20 a day to park (ugh). $25 Resort fee (really?). Just remember this as it adds $45 to your room charge. If you want an umbrella and chair for the beach its $25 or Cabana is $40 to rent for the day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tommyz77,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and its proximity to the beach and local shops and restaurants. Thank you again and we hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area.
scotch plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

At first we were a going to choose the hilton clearwater beach so happy we didnt!! The price was higher at the sandpearl but worth every penny! Enjoyed every min from when we first walked in till the minute we left! The front desk service is unreal they gave us a upgrade to a pool and beach view just cause it was our honeymoon and then sent up a plate of chocolate strawberries that said happy honeymoon! Rooms are clean and spacious! The pool and beach were perfect and the staff is so nice and go out of there way for you!! We cant wait to go back next year for our 1 year anniversary and every year after that!! Dont waste your money at any other resort in clearwater beach my wife and i walked around and looked at all the others none compare to sandpearl!! It may be a bit more money but worth it!! Thanks sandpearl!!!

Room Tip: Pool and beach view so you can see the sunset!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gmen56,
Congratulations! I am so pleased we were able to be a part of your honeymoon celebration. It sounds like you truly enjoyed the resort and our friendly staff. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had our wedding on the beach at the Sandpearl, there is no better place and this place is amazing!! Michele Johnson, director of catering services, etc., she handled every detail and kept me calm all the way through! The resort is beautiful, clean, amazing service, amazing pool, grounds, you name it! If you are going to have a wedding in Florida, don't do it anywhere but here. It was so beautiful, so well taken care of, I cannot explain it in words!!!! We are going back for our one year anniversary and bringing the whole wedding party with us. Thank you again Michele for everything!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan G,
Congratulations! I am so happy we could help create memories for your special day. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Been to Sandpearl Resort? Share your experiences!