We only stayed one night here. We were finishing up several days in Naples, FL and needed a hotel near the PIE airport for a 6 a.m. departure flight the next morning. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean & large room. Didn't hear any overhead planes, even though we were so close to the airport! Paul was at the desk when we checked in, and he was helpful suggesting walking-distance restaurants for dinner when we needed to return the rental car, and their hotel shuttle ends at 7 p.m.. Unfortunately, the hotel is sort of secluded, so restaurant choices close by are few but adequate. Paul suggested Bascom's Chop House, and it was well worth walking the short not-even-10-minutes distance to. There are several light-controlled crosswalks across busy Ulmerton Road...take advantage of them! Starbucks is next to the hotel parking lot. I have to give particular praise and kudos to Bjorn. Paul had arranged the previous night for a taxi to pick us up at 4:45 a.m. By 4:55, no taxi. Bjorn was at the front desk, and we asked him to call and check on it. It was supposedly on its way. By 5:05, no taxi, so Bjorn said he would take us to the airport in the hotel shuttle van. He was so nice about it and deserved the large tip we gave him! So, my only complaint about the hotel would be that the shuttle should run later than 7 p.m. and start earlier than 7 a.m., especially when they know Allegiant flights leave at 6 a.m. Other than that, we had a good night's sleep and enjoyable stay.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
- Hampton Inn Clearwater
- Clearwater Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater/St. Petersburg-Ulmerton Road, FL hotel is minutes away from St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport and a short drive to many businesses and attractions.Explore 35 miles of white-sand beaches, including Fort De Soto Park, Caladesi Island and Clearwater Beach. Visit St. Pete Pier, a recreational pier featuring dining, fishing and family events in cultural downtown St. Petersburg. Visit Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach for shopping, playgrounds and beautiful sunsets when you stay at this hotel in Clearwater/St. Petersburg.Attend sporting events at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, or Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training at Bright House Field, just 8 miles from the hotel. Practice your swing at numerous golf courses in the area. If you prefer the arts, visit the Gulf Coast Museum of Art and Salvador Dali Museum, or appreciate nature at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.Start your day with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Stay in touch with your family and the office with free high-speed internet access in your room or in our 24-hour business center. After a day at the beach or in meetings, relax in your clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Among Clearwater/St. Petersburg hotels, you’ll find our first-class service and accommodations are close to it all, but far above the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.