You added Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange Park, Florida
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Positive, the service was great! I enjoyed my stay and the staff was friendly. My husband and son used the exercise room during our two day stay and put on a great sweat. Negative, the shower head in our room needed to be cleaned. The maids discarded my gourmet baked goods. So make sure you put your food up or mark it. Lastly, I have traveled for many years but this is the first time I was awaken by an alarm clock preset at 3:33am. My tip, “Always check the clock.” Have a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Renee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
KathiFL,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and your husband and son were able to utilize the fitness room for a good workout. I'm delighted to hear that you experienced great service from our friendly staff. We hope you and your family will visit us again soon! Thanks again.

Dannialle Neville, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Walbridge, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our King Suite room was perfect! We arrived at 1130pm after a delayed flight and the staff was more than gracious. I was greeted as a HHONORS member and I mentioned that we could not get a car that late at the airport, but had a reservation for 9am, she immediately asked what time we wanted the shuttle. The breakfast was good. Even though our stay was short, We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
newman12ryan,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Hampton Inn. I'm pleased to know that our staff was welcoming and accommodating. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll visit us again. Safe travels.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Hampton Inn is quite similar in staff courtesy, amenities & cleanliness to other Hamptons that I've stayed at. The breakfast bar was always well stocked, had a bit of a different hot meal twist each morning & coffee was available all day. The rooms are clean & well maintained. The staff is courteous & was responsive to a couple of our requests. The king bed was quite comfortable, the fitness room & business center adequate & well-maintained. The property's location was very convenient to the areas we were traveling to during our week, namely Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Dunedin & Palm Harbor. Lots of positives.
Where this property really falls short of excellence is the noise throughout the facility. During our stay, from the room next door we could hear quite clearly the blow dryer, high heels on the tile entrance way, the door open & close each time, music & a late evening display of "passion" as though it was in our room. All the doors loudly echo down the halls as they close & the locks click. The jambs & locks have no sound abatement. The maids start their cleaning around 8AM & were talking very loud most mornings. I was able to hear guest conversations clearly from the outdoor pool from inside our 6th floor room. The A/C in our room was too loud to use when we were in the room. Perhaps it's meant to be to drown out the aforementioned noise. Luckily, the temperatures were in the lower 50's at night so we didn't need it. All the above does not lend itself to weary travelers sleeping late into the morning. That's not to mention that the property is located just off the end of the runway of the St. Petersburg-Clearwater Int'l Airport where the roar of jet engines thrusting at takeoff & landing begins early morning & lasts till late evening. That's not Hampton's fault but it's a consideration if booking a room here.
I could rate this Hampton Inn a 4 or 5 out of 5 but the noise issue was definitely annoying. In fairness to my fellow travelers & my other ratings, I can only give this Hampton a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
JoeEagles,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we're glad you liked our Hampton Inn. I apologize for your inability to have a restful sleep. Your feedback is important to us, and we try to use our guest comments constructively so we can make improvements to our guest experience. You are a valued guest, and we hope you will visit us again.
Dannialle Neville
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I could not have experienced better service at this hotel. The front desk clerks were very friendly, patient and accomodating. Wish more folks like them worked in the industry.

Hotel was in the middle of some cosmetic renovations thourghout the hotel, but they did not really bother me that much.

My room was a nice typical Hampton Inn room. The a/c was a bit loud but that helped to cover the sounds of teenagers in the hallway slamming doors and talking in the hallways. I was, however, a bit shocked to be woken in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of jet engines going over head. (Hotel is located at the end of the Clearwater airport strip and planes started taking off around 6:30am.) Sound kind of shook the room but once the first 3 had taken off, it was fairly quiet.

Only real problem we had was in the bathroom. Water/temperature control on the wall of the shower would occassionally freeze in the full on and fully hot position and would not turn off or adjust. Had to call maintenance twice to turn off the water and nearly burnt myself while trying to shower in the fully hot position. (no lacking for hot water in this place cause it once ran for nearly 30 minutes waiting on maintenance to come turn it off.) Hopefully they will fix that soon since it was reported several times.

I hate to say it, but I am not sure if I will stay here again. Loved the staff and it was very near my event, but the jets in the morning will make me think twice. (Oh and did I mention there is a quarter mile track nexted door where races are held on the weekend?)

Room Tip: I was on the side of the main road and the airport. It might be quieter on the other side of the bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
kystockdoc,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hampton Inn. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I'm glad you liked our friendly staff, and I'm pleased to know that they were patient and accommodating. I apologize for the shower handle sticking and will make sure to discuss this with our maintenance team to make sure it has been fixed. Your feedback is important to me, so I'm glad to hear from you. We value you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in Clearwater. Thanks again.
Dannialle Neville
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Having traveled extensively staying in more HI& Suites than I care to remember, I can say this one is very nice, clean and with a very friendly and accommodating front staff, especially Paul. Our room had no microwave or fridge but did have all the other amenities expected at a Hampton.

Conveniently located to the airport and Brighthouse Field if you are in the area for a Phillies preseason game. If you stay on the Ulmerton Road side of the property, you may hear the occassional jet taking off but it's not a big deal.

Couple suggestions:
1. Have housekeeping try not to be so loud when they clean the rooms each day. It doesn't pay to to put the do not disturb sign on your door for some time to relax when they turn the room radio up so loud they can hear it in the hallway, bang the room door, call out to their co-workers halfway down the hall and generally take no steps to think of neighboring guests who might be in their room.

2. Have housekeeping be certain the nightstand alarm clock shows the correct time. Ours looked like it still was on DST - one hour ahead the correct time. It's lazy no doing otherwise.

3. Will Hilton EVER come up with a better closer for room doors? I get so frustrated with fellow guests who don't care or are oblivious to the noise they make when they let their room doors slam close.

So, again, nice place, would stay there again it just wasn't anything special compared to other properties I've stayed in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
TFopinion,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we're glad to hear that you had a nice stay. I'm glad that enjoyed our friendly staff, especially wonderful Paul. Your suggestions are well received and I appreciate your feedback. We enjoyed having you stay with us, and we hope you'll return for another great visit.
Lindsay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Unfortunately, the weather was quite cool while we were in Clearwater, but we had a lovely two night stay at this Hampton Inn. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The pillows at the Hampton were the one of the better ones of any hotel we stayed in. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was great. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Pat S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. We're glad you chose to stay with us, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms as well as our friendly staff and delicious breakfast. We enjoyed having you as our guests, and we hope to see you again soon.
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Staying here on business for the night. Showed up late, not problems. Front desk staff was awesome. They were even trying to get a near by room for a guest that canceled his reservation by accident and they were sold out. The staff called a bunch if hotels for the guy to help him out with the best rate.

As normal the beds are great and consistent with all hamptons. And clean.

• Stayed February 2013
NewEnglandTrvlr,
Thank you for your delightful review. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. I'm glad you liked our wonderful staff, and I appreciate you noticing their helpful assistance for all of our guests. Please plan to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Clearwater. Thanks again.
Dannialle Neville, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road

Address: 4050 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762
Location: United States > Florida > Clearwater
#7 Business Hotel in Clearwater
#16 Family Hotel in Clearwater
#29 Romantic Hotel in Clearwater
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater/St. Petersburg-Ulmerton Road, FL hotel is minutes away from St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport and a short drive to many businesses and attractions.Explore 35 miles of white-sand beaches, including Fort De Soto Park, Caladesi Island and Clearwater Beach. Visit St. Pete Pier, a recreational pier featuring dining, fishing and family events in cultural downtown St. Petersburg. Visit Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach for shopping, playgrounds and beautiful sunsets when you stay at this hotel in Clearwater/St. Petersburg.Attend sporting events at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, or Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training at Bright House Field, just 8 miles from the hotel. Practice your swing at numerous golf courses in the area. If you prefer the arts, visit the Gulf Coast Museum of Art and Salvador Dali Museum, or appreciate nature at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.Start your day with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Stay in touch with your family and the office with free high-speed internet access in your room or in our 24-hour business center. After a day at the beach or in meetings, relax in your clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Among Clearwater/St. Petersburg hotels, you’ll find our first-class service and accommodations are close to it all, but far above the rest. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road Hotel
Hampton Inn And Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
Hampton Inn Clearwater
Clearwater Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.