“Outrageous last minute cancellation of Booking on Labor Day weekend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Camelot Beach Resort to your Saves list
Camelot Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   603 Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33767 (Formerly Royal Camelot)   |
NY
“Outrageous last minute cancellation of Booking on Labor Day weekend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

I booked a room for the Labor Day weekend through Expedia in August. Less than 24 hrs, I received a call from Expedia and an agent told me the hotel was not able to give me a room on that day due to a wedding. The agent then transferred me to another hotel that is much far away from Clearwater Beach. The agent said the hotel room is $200 per night with breakfast. When I checked the price of that hotel, I found that the daily rate is lower than $200 and even the rate of Camelot. I was very very angry and I definitely refused the offer. The agent then said Expedia would refund to me and give me $25 coupon as compensation.

What could I do then? Less than 24 hr before my vacation on Labor Day weekend? Lucky us! My husband and I capable to find and booked another hotel and resolve this outrageous, unnecessary disturb.

After the vacation, I did not write any review for this incident, as I haven't had any time or energy to do so. But tonight, when I see the credit card bill and the payment for Camelot is STILL charged, my husband and I are completely [-] off and we do think we need to inform future customers how unprofessional is the hotel and Expedia towards customer.

By the way, a little side track. When my husband finished a call with the Expedia’s agent, he accidentally picked up the conversations b/w the agent and the manager of Camelot on the phone. The agent was just trying to do a favor for the Camelot hotel to dumb us to other hotels! They don't care about the customers! This is how Expedia’s attitude towards customer!

This is really a very very nasty experience of booking hotel through Expedia. Camelot is so irresponsible and unprofessional -- inform the customer that the hotel has no room because of a wedding in the last minute of the Labor Day weekend!! I booked the room months in advance!!!!!!!!! It is totally unfair to me!!!! It seems that the booking is not 100% guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXPEDIA and the CAMELOT had demonstrated to us what is irresponsibility and unprofessional. I don’t think companies that have no accountability and professionalism worth any customers’ support or services. I highly recommend you avoid doing any business with them. If you want to have a “SURPRISE” and some NASTY EXPERIENCE, be my guest and do business with Expedia or book a room with Camelot. Then, Good luck and God bless!

• Stayed September 2007
SeminoleSteven, Director of Sales at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. You will be happy to know that Camelot Resort has been under new Ownership/Management for almost two years and EVERYTHING is different and better!! Newly remodeled rooms, excellent staff and clean and inviting property. We look forward to having you visit us in the future!!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

Stayed Aug 1st - 6th, 2007 in one bedroom, namely 101. Turns out the owner just refurbished it only a month ago. It is beautiful and obviously done by a professional interior decorator right down to the silk flower arrangements. Management (Diane) could not be more accommodating. When we arrived, it was raining, later found a note taped to our door with a printout of local movie times should we desire. How thoughtful is that? Property is spotless, basket of suntan lotion, games, pool toys, books etc all to use for your stay. Very quiet and private directly across from the beach access and restaurants right on the beach. Nice so you don't have to drive and have the hassel of finding a parking place. Restaurants, do Freddy's and Cooters and do Maggie Mea's for breakfast. Go to Indian Rocks Beach for Guppy's for finer dining, I am a chef and trust me the food is equisite.

• Liked — Newly refurbished, spotless and accomodating
  • Disliked — wish there was more parking spots
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

WOW! WOW! That's all I can say! When I walked in to the room, my jaw dropped-what a clean, pretty place! My room was done in a "Tuscan" style (very much like my own home) and I loved the privacy and the peace. Normally I stay in a huge hotel like the Hilton, but at the beach, you want something more relaxed and less noisy, whiich we got.
The gates all around felt very secure, and the privaxy was an added bonus. My suite had 2 state of the art televisions, TWO bathrooms, one with a tub and one with a shower (much appreciated) so there was no "crowded" feeling. Best of all, there was a "bonus" walk in closet, complete with extra blankets, sheets, ironing board, and a wine cooler. My suite had a great CD player hooked up, and the whole place smelled so FRESH!
The smnooth tile floors were cool to my beach-scorched feet, and the extra huge King-sized bed was heaven. I will ONLY stay here from now on, and I will STOP throwing my hard earned $$$ away on chain hotels! Oh yes...did I mention I am the "Queen of Clean" and I am VERY picky..Camelot was just simply THE BEST! This place is a hidden treasure, TRUST me!

• Liked — Clean and beautiful!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
JC,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

Camelot Resort is located directly across the street of the Beach. Also, the Palm Pavilion Grill and Bar is step away as well. The Beach was perfect. The units are condo style fully furnished, and nicely decorated! Housekeeping was outstanding! Tile floors, equipped kichen, pillowtop mattress, the whole 9!!. Gas Grill on roof top for all to use. Pool is furnished with Pool goodies, and beach chairs, etc. The ONLY complaint, is we have a toddler and even when the door was locked, he could open it with just a turn of the handle, and also the Roof top acess was a spiral staircase, and there was no gate. I suggest the 1 Bedroom units, we stayed in room 207 but hopefully next time to stay in room 110 which is super nice, and on ground floor(only 2 floors)
If you get a chance visit Madriea Beach as well. The Saint Johns Pass Shopping complex is awesome.
Awesome 2 week Vacation!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Braddock, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed at the Royal Camelot for one night while in Clearwater Beach. The "motel" itself is nice, clean and just recently renovated. The rooms are very nice, we stayed in a "studio" with a queen size bed, on the 2nd floor. The bathroom was a little small but overall was just fine and clean, which really mattered! It's only a block to the beach which was a nice perk. We did have a problem overnight with some teenage kids which only a few were actually "guests" there, others I think were just called to come to hang out/party. There is a partial sundeck on the roof, with walls around it to block access to the entire roof. We went out to dinner at 7:00 p.m. and returned at about 8:30. When we came back there were kids everywhere, around the pool, along the upper walkway and up on the sundeck (we guessed about 25-30 of them). They were loud but we figured it was a weekend so they'd hang out for a while and then go to bed. At 12:00 they still were up and fairly loud and it seemed more had come. We had asked that they be quiet, but an hour later they still hadn't quieted down. Finally, at 1:30 a.m. I called the number for the hotel and got their answering service (NO ONE from management is on-site after 6:00 p.m!) and told them what was going on, kids were up on the roof (they had jumped over the wall of the sundeck), running around, yelling, running along the walkways to the rooms, etc. I don't know if the ans. service did anything, but it wasn't until 3:30 a.m. until it FINALLY quieted down. I did write a letter and call the management company, and they told me that this is not a regular occurrence and had never heard anything like this before. I don't know if we were just so unlucky as to this happen the one and only night we stayed there but my thought is this: if no management is on site after 6:00 p.m. and teenage kids know this, they're going to use this to their full advantage and "live it up" being without any supervision/parents around and do what they want, as loud as they want, no matter how it affects the people around them.

• Liked — recent renovations and cleanliness
  • Disliked — The noisy, disrespectful teenagers that were there
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Camelot Beach Resort? Share your experiences!