“Fun Model T Ride, Disappointing Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

+1 727-946-7724
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: . Clearwater Beach Yacht & Boat Charters Take a few hours or a day off, relax, disconnect and cruise with us. Sunset Sea-kers offers luxury motor yacht charters from Clearwater Beach, Florida. Offered are day charters to various islands, lunch and romantic dinner charters, sunset cruises, wedding charters, snorkeling and shelling trips, "snuba" charters, kayaking and bareboat charters. Cruise with experienced and licensed Captain Spag who has captained for 20 years. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere while viewing wild Florida dolphins on a semi-private cruise. Captain Spag and his first mate, Sandy, also known as "Sweetie", will make sure you have a memorable experience. Sunset Sea-ker Charters has been in business in Clearwater Beach, Florida since 1977.
Houston, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Fun Model T Ride, Disappointing Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The first part of our "adventure" (taking a tour of Clearwater in a Model-T) was fun....got lots of waves from folks as we drove by, and Spag, our chauffeur, was very nice and accommodating. He pointed out a few areas of interest, but the tour didn't tell us much about Clearwater. One BIG plus was the photo session he took of us next to the car, printing one in sepia tones to match the "flavor" of the ride. When we bought our tickets to the tour, it stated that we would have lunch at Sheperd's magnificent buffet...a $25.00 per person buffet! When I called to make reservations AFTER buying the tickets, Spag told me that we would have to eat at the bar because the buffet was closed. That disappointed me, but I thought it would be OK. The food was mediocre with a very limited menu. My husband's burger was good, but my fish tacos were pretty tasteless. My recommendation...be sure to find out if the buffet is operating BEFORE you buy the tickets. Otherwise, it's a REALLY expensive car ride!

Visited November 2013
captainspag, Owner at Gulfside Adventures, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I am very sorry for your disappointment with the food offered for lunch. Unfortunately, at that time, Shepherds was undergoing a major renovation, but change is good since the food in the new restaurant will be outstanding! Once again, I am sorry for your food experience but happy that you enjoyed the ride and photos.