“Stayed for the ACC Championship” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater

You added Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater to your Saves list
Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenville, SC
“Stayed for the ACC Championship”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We stayed here so we could attend the ACC Championship game. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are nice. The location is somewhat difficult. The hotel is right next to St. Pete airport, but we didn't really hear any noise while inside. There is also a golf course directly behind the hotel that isn't bad in a pich. It is your standard florida municipal golf course, though it is a little more expensive than I would expect from a golf course next to an airport. Not bad overall. The hotel isn't on the beach and it isn't in Tampa so it is a bit of a drive across the bay to do anything, but the hotel was a good price and we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
S. Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

In planning our trip to Clearwater Beach, I was unsure of the area so I opted for this Springhill. We stayed March 28 & 29, 2009. Please know that it is about 10 miles from Indian Rocks Beach and further still from Clearwater, although an easy drive. (As an aside, I would recommend the little motels around Clearwater Beach; we ended up staying at one our last night.)

Check-in at Springhill was annoying as the front desk clerk was busy dealing with an inoperable elevator. Ugh. Then he told me he "did not know how" to credit my account with cash and advised I would have to just charge the entire stay. Not my preference, but at that point I just wanted to check-in.

The room is not a true suite in any sense of the word. There is a wall jutting out in the middle of the room, but only one tv for the living area and bedroom area. No privacy either way. The room was very, very clean. But, you could tell it used to be a smoking room and I was put off by that. You could hear everything in the next rooms.

Breakfast the next morning was a nice surprise. Tons of hot and cold selections. However, the following morning (a Monday), choices were sparse! I imagine it had to do with room capacity, but it was disappointing.

The area is fine and there are a ton of fast-food places around. There is a also a ton of other places to stay, so do your homework. We ended up staying at a lovely motel two blocks from Clearwater Beach for our third night and we all wished we had stayed there from the start.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Newer facility with very comfortable rooms. No noise from adjacent airport, as it has very little activity. Price is right and I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My boyfriend and I just stayed here for a "weekend getaway" thing. I'm always very "iffy" about booking hotels in advance...I tend to think that something is going to go wrong and I'm gonna be out of some much needed cash. This was not the case. From the first phone call (to book the room) to check out, was a wonderful experience. The front desk lady (I think her name was Rianna-but probably spelled it wrong) was EXTREMELY helpful. The first day, we arrived kind of late because we were spending all day at a waterpark....as you can imagine, we were tired...check-in was amazingly fast. The next day, we had no clue what to do...so we asked the lady at the desk and she gave us MORE than enough info on things to do in the area, and even included a map!
The only downfall was that it's next to an airport....but it's not busy and we only heard one plane taking off the whole weekend. There are a lot of restaurants around (we recommend Bob Evans...just because it's awesome!) I also would like to recommend people take the trip down to St Petersburg for any water sports you plan on doing....they're cheaper than the ones in Clearwater.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

Visited the area for a short weekend getaway and chose this hotel based on the tripadvisor reviews. Check in was very quick. Room was clean and spacious. Had no problems. A continental breakfast is available on the weekends 6-10am. It consists of muffins, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy, cereal, fruit, doughnuts, and waffles. The hotel was convenient to the highway.

• Liked — spacious room
  • Disliked — coming from I-275N it was hard to find the hotel exit
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

My in-laws live in Largo and we have always stayed with them whenever we visit them from Orlando. I am now in heaven after finding this place out this past weekend. I now have a great place to stay whenever we are in town with NO COMPROMISE despite the very reasonable rates. The room was SO CLEAN, and comfortable. Bathroom was immaculate and the extra sofa bed in the living area is perfect. The breakfast is not bad at all - had three waffles. Right in front is a PANDA EXPRESS which is perfect for me everytime I need a bite to eat. You can tell I am really into food. The location of this hotel is in a very commercial area but if you are doing a weekend stay, it is perfect. Very little traffic, no loud or abnoxious noises. The front desk person Heather is very nice and kind.

I really did not want to write this review because I am afraid to share this "gold mine" with others but I figured, what the heck, if I can help a business that is GREAT at providing excellent lodging and service, the least I could do is promote it. Just make sure the keep this top quality forever...

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Stayed here one night in late July. Last minute arrangement in order to be convenient to TIA for an early morning flight.

My room was very clean. Nice set up. Not really a full suite but very close. Desk and separate area. Free wi-fi was great. Complimentary breakfast seemed good although all I got was a coffee and bagel to go. Hotel is nearly new and good location to most of the Tampa Bay area. Plane noise from the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport was minimal.

In short, all the the things you expect from a Marriott hotel.

• Liked — All the reasons you choose a Marriott hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater? Share your experiences!