“James from Orlando” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater

You added Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater to your Saves list
Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando
“James from Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

My in-laws live in Largo and we have always stayed with them whenever we visit them from Orlando. I am now in heaven after finding this place out this past weekend. I now have a great place to stay whenever we are in town with NO COMPROMISE despite the very reasonable rates. The room was SO CLEAN, and comfortable. Bathroom was immaculate and the extra sofa bed in the living area is perfect. The breakfast is not bad at all - had three waffles. Right in front is a PANDA EXPRESS which is perfect for me everytime I need a bite to eat. You can tell I am really into food. The location of this hotel is in a very commercial area but if you are doing a weekend stay, it is perfect. Very little traffic, no loud or abnoxious noises. The front desk person Heather is very nice and kind.

I really did not want to write this review because I am afraid to share this "gold mine" with others but I figured, what the heck, if I can help a business that is GREAT at providing excellent lodging and service, the least I could do is promote it. Just make sure the keep this top quality forever...

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Stayed here one night in late July. Last minute arrangement in order to be convenient to TIA for an early morning flight.

My room was very clean. Nice set up. Not really a full suite but very close. Desk and separate area. Free wi-fi was great. Complimentary breakfast seemed good although all I got was a coffee and bagel to go. Hotel is nearly new and good location to most of the Tampa Bay area. Plane noise from the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport was minimal.

In short, all the the things you expect from a Marriott hotel.

• Liked — All the reasons you choose a Marriott hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

Date: SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Reviewer: Traveling Baby Boomers
June 2,2008
Very friendly staff that went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. They made suggestions about eating places and area attractions. Breakfast was good with a nice selection and dining area was constantly kept up and food replenished. Comfortable room with everything you would expect at this price. Most of the beaches were 20 minutes away but it was an easy ride to find them. While we were there all the radios were being replaced with new ones with docking station and MP3 players.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed at the SprinHill Suites in St Pete/Clearwater one night (April 26, 2008). We were in town to catch 2 of the Red Sox/Tampa Bay Rays baseball games.

The hotel was very clean and very well kept. The room was spacious for what we paid and well laid out. The beds were comfortable and the complimentary breakfast in the lobby was great.

The staff was extremely helpful, offering directions and suggestions for getting to the game and other things to do in the area.

We only paid $113 per night plus tax which was a really unbelievable price for what we got. We would definitely stay here again as it was easy to find and a great, comfortable stay!

• Liked — Cleanliness!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Perthshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

We stayed at Springhill suites in April 2008. The accommodation is immaculately clean and has the most comfortable beds ever!
It's not a huge room but the way it's laid out with the separate sitting area makes it feel spacious. The staff were very friendly, helpful & efficient and deserve a special mention. We had booked here for 4 of our 7 nights in the St Pete Beach area, intending to stay at another hotel closer to the beach for the other 3. But we liked it so much where we were ( it's a good location if you want to drive around & explore the area) that we extended our stay for the whole 7 nights! Again the staff were extremely helpful & made sure we didn't have to change rooms even although they were very busy that weekend. The breakfast arrangement was great ( make your own waffles..cool !) Every area of the hotel was clean, bright and well looked after. There are plenty of decent places to eat nearby...staff are more than happy to help with suggestions, directions & even sample menus. We couldn't have had a nicer stay and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms & very friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

Long story short, we've stayed at other hotels in the same price range and got very "low-end to average" accomodations. It was a nice surprise to see a nicer than average breakfast, clean rooms, spacious accomodations, little extras (like mini-fridge and microwave), and the extra pillows and comfy beds. The service was friendly and I can think of nothing about the hotel itself that wasn't nice. The location was ok. I didn't like the idea at first about being beside an airport, but the noise was mostly in the day time and wasn't over-powering.

• Liked — the value, cleanliness, and comfort
  • Disliked — My husband and I have a King bed at home and a Full is hard to get used to.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Jupiter, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

Stayed here for one night and it was great. I had a problem with my reservation (booked through a travel website, not the hotel) and the woman at the front desk was very helpful and even let me use the hotel phone to straighten it out.

My room was a standard golf course view room with 2 full size beds and a small sitting/office area. The room had a small fridge and microwave as well. By far the cleanest room I've ever had at any establishment. Even the coffee caraffe was clean. Not sure if it's just this SpringHill or all Marriots but there was no icky bed spread to peel off. Instead there was a strip of that same fabric about 2.5 feet wide running accross the bed. Made the bed look nice without that icky spread.

Instead of a mint on the pillow there was a package of Milano cookies (yum) and a bottle of water. The rates were a steal at $89.00 compared to the $129.00 at the others I'd looked at.

My only complaint was that the breakfast didn't start until 7am and that's when I had to leave. I looked at it on the way out and it looked (and smelled) good though.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Late breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Springhill Suites by Marriott St. Petersburg/Clearwater? Share your experiences!