“I recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, New York United States
“I recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

A quintessential beach hotel with all the amenities at a reasonable price. The perfect place to recreate, relax and enjoy The rooms were clean, the pool was pristine and the staff was friendly. Of course Clearwater Beach is ultra relaxing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a nice little motel. I'll admit to begin, I was a little skeptical of the place due to some of the bad reviews I had read online. However, once my party arrived, we were hooked. The rooms are no fabulous scene from a magazine; hoever, you get what you pay for. When I am on vacation I am more interested in the surrounding area and the weather than what the room looks like inside. While there are smaller bathrooms and some parts of the motel that could stand a little TLC, the place was nice and relaxing. I was a fan of not having 800 people to fight for pool chairs. The place is far enough away from the major hustle and bustle that you don't hear much at night, but close enough to walk if you need anything.

I found this liike many vacation spots, you get out of it what you expect. We came in with a positive attitude looking for a nice relaxing vacation and that is what we had. We just booked a room for another 7 night stay in October.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here very much. Sheila went out of her way to make us as comfortable as possible. having the beach 500 feet away is a great benefit she saved us a ton of money by suggesting that we use her beachchairs and umbrellas that were donated by past guest instead of buying new. Any question or request that we had was handled immediatly. We will be back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Run, don't walk away from making a reservation at this motel! The management cannot be trusted to honor your reservation, and when they make an error will do absolutely nothing to rectify their mistake. My sisters and I made a reservation for spring break nearly a year ago. A few weeks before we were set to leave, it became clear that North Sunrise had made a mistake and booked our reservation for a week earlier. So we were out of a place to stay, as they said they had nothing for us on the weekend we'd reserved for. The manager was very rude about the mistake, claiming "you should have called to check on your reservation." And she did nothing to help us find another place to stay. I have never been treated so badly by a hotel or any other company who had made the mistake. I asked for my deposit to be returned and to be reimbursed for the difference between a new place that we (fortunately!) found and our original North Sunrise cost. Which was a modest amount. The manager refused to reimburse me for anything. Wouldn't even pay me back my deposit!! I had to work with my credit card company to get it back. I won't ever go near this place again, and I recommend the same to all who read this review.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
elbridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Maybe it was the time of year but the hotel that I walked into and left within 15 min is not what is showed on these pictures. Extremely old and tiny!! Bed squeaked and lights in bathroom that is so small can't turn around in were blown. Dog swimming in pool and broken down gas grills in yard along with cans of empty beer on ground. Just couldn't bring myself to stay...very disappointed and had to pay 2 nights to get out of my weeks reservation!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This motel was very basic, I had the queen room that was a small room with beat up beds, linens and furniture. Tiny bathroom. But, everything was fairly clean, no bugs, and everything worked. Bring ALL your toiletries, nothing but towels. Also, if you have allergies to mold or similar indoor allergies, I would NOT recommend staying here. The room made me sick. Other than that, for just over 100 a night in a great location a very short walk to the beach, it's a pretty decent place for budget minded travelers. Staff is scarce but laid back, I didn't even sign anything.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms would be quieter, I had the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
southgate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Got back recently from a wonderful trip to Clearwater Beach. Stayed at the North Sunrise Motel and wow, what a charming little place. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Great pool. The Manager Sheila was very friendly and happy to point us in the right direction for local attractions and things to do. It was a very short walk to the beach (where we spent a lot of our time) and shops and resturants were within decent walking distance as well. Anyone looking for a nice little getaway or even an extended vacation, I highly recommend North Sunrise. I guarantee you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to North Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!