“Great little hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Pavilion Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Palm Pavilion Inn
18 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #6 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Hernando, Florida, United States
“Great little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from a stay here this past weekend and overall loved this place. Its in a great location with the Pavilion Grill and Frenchies all right there for your drinking and eating pleasures. Our room had a King sized bed with a Gulf view. Its more like a view of the Pavilion Grill which is directly in front of the hotel but you could still see the beach on each side of the bar/grill. Next time I wouldn't really care if a gulf view room was available or not. Since it was just myself and my adult daughter, the room size wasn't a problem. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My biggest complaint about the hotel and this is a big one in my book is the carpeting on the stairs and the hallways!! YUCKO!! Come on Palm Pavilion!! Get rid of that nasty carpeting!! If they replaced the carpeting, I would give this a 5 star review. This is the only this keeping me from suggesting this place to family and friends. I know they wouldn't like it because of that. Me and my daughter just over looked it while we were there. The only other thing I could suggest is to put more hooks in the bathrooms and bedrooms. There really wasn't enough places to hang wet towels and bathing suits. We will come back. Can't beat the price and the location. Oh and if they have 1st floor available....I would definitely recommend it!! No Stairs!! lol!! Overall my daughter and I had a great time and loved our stay at the Palm Pavilion Inn!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SandiBeech, Manager at Palm Pavilion Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thanks for your review! You are right about the hall carpet....and I promise we are replacing it! Since we are adding wood door trim and baseboards to the halls we have to put that up and paint before replacing the carpet. The wood trim project should be starting in about three weeks (as soon as the materials arrive) after which we'll get painting....all the new trim plus all the guest room doors. After all three floors and the stairs are done we should be ready for new carpet in the fall. Stay tuned for pictures!

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked the Queen Apartment for my husband and I and our two beautiful kids, we all loved the entire stay with Palm Pavilion Inn. The location is great and their restaurant was the best, we ate there probably 4x or more the 3 days we was at the beach. Next time we go to Clearwater Beach we will be staying here again. Had the best experience and loved every second of our vacation!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queen apartment with our 2 beautiful children. It was spacious and we had a blast a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Awesome review! So glad to hear we treated you great and you'll be back! Don't forget about your 20% repeat guest discount!
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in April, we had a first floor ocean view room.
Cannot complain about the room, it was spotless, no damp smell or housekeeping issues & the view was beautiful to wake up to, definitely worth the extra money!
Hotel is located in a quiet yet convenient area, short pleasant stroll to centre of Clearwater Beach which has a great buzz about it and a lovely covered playground for children, plus wandering along looking at the boats & the fish they caught is an interesting way to pass some time!
Plenty of restaurants around, two in particular within a stones throw of this hotel Palm Pavillion & Rockaway Grill (just across the car park) we favoured the latter, found the ambience, service, staff & food to be slightly superior.
Would definitely stay here again, however we feel 3 nights here was long enough!
Also, claim to fame, Hulk Hogan is a regular at the gas station behind the hotel & pulled up in his black Mustang!
All in all...brilliant stay for Clearwater Beach first-timers

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kind words! Hope to see you again in the future!
Fort Smith AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in an apartment on the first floor. The location of the hotel is excellent. Yes, its an older hotel but that does not concern me. My goal when going to a beachfront hotel is to GO TO THE BEACH, not concern myself with the furnishings in the room. We had a few minor issues with the air conditioning but it was promptly taken care of..No complaints there. My only complaint was the grill next door. The food was great but the service was terrible. I don't complain about restaurants often. I think people Bi#$# too much about stuff when eating..oh this had a twang to it or well I think this was slightly simmered too long etc..that's not me. What I do want when I'm on vacation (especially at a beach side grill) is to have a cold drink in my hand at all times. Well, lets just say after the second night, I just ordered water because I needed something to drink with my meal. The first night the waitress took our order, and we didn't see her again till we flagged her down for our check. (someone else brought the food). My wife was out of water and I had drank my beer long before our food arrived. We thought we would sit outside the next day and see if it was any better. It was not. I actually got up and went to the bar and paid cash for a beer because I was tired of waiting. The next few nights we just ordered water. I would sit at the bar but we have a 2 year old. oh well. I just think they are understaffed. Its a great place to hang out and has an awesome atmosphere with the bands playing.

Room Tip: for the price, a ground floor apartment is a no brainer.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for posting your review! I'm happy you enjoyed the Inn but sorry for the trouble you experienced in our restaurant. I will be certain to pass your comments on to the General Manager.
ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Read Ocheewah's report first - we traveled together so I will just add a few more details.

Good places to eat are just a short walk away and a CVS is close if you need anything. If you don't feel like walking, call The Jolley Trolley and they will pick you up for free and take you to anywhere on the main road. Our driver was in a "Hooters" golf cart. Very speedy and prompt service.

We had a one bedroom unit on the ground floor and we were glad we did! No walking up the stairs! Our unit faced the pool and had an outside table and 2 chairs in front. Free parking was available in front of our unit and when we left for the day it was blocked with an orange cone to prevent anyone from parking in it....that was nice! Our unit was small but accommodated 3 women. Four adults in a room would be pushing the comfort level. We had 2 double beds in one room and a sleeper sofa in the living area. I slept on the sleeper sofa which was more comfortable not pulled out. We had plenty of sheets and blankets. We had 2 nice TVs. Storage consisted of a wardrobe with hangers and the TV stand had 3 drawers all located in the living area. The bathroom was very small with a shower (no tub) but the shower head worked great. The bathroom was located in the bedroom which was a little inconvenient.
The kitchen came with a coffeepot, microwave, stove & refrigerator and just about anything you need to prepare & eat a meal.

To access the gated pool you need your room card. The pool had no view but was clean and the seagulls provide our entertainment...they swooped in and got a drink quite often. We rented chairs/umbrella on the beach on 2 of our days. You can rent for a full day or 2 hours and the charges can be put on your room.

In front of the lobby, are a few outside tables and chairs. I wrapped up the evening by sitting our there and watching the "free entertainment" walking, driving and running in front of us.

Our few minor complaints were resolved fast and efficiently by the front desk staff and maintenance (safe not working, toilet overflowed). We never mentioned to management about the lack of housekeeping.

My suggestions for improvement: place some hooks to hang things up in the bathroom and maybe next to the front door since storage is at a minimum and pipe in some music by the pool.

I definitely would stay there again. The price is reasonable, great front desk staff, excellent location, just steps away from the gorgeous beach, never felt unsafe there. We enjoyed our stay very much and look forward to returning someday.

Room Tip: One bedroom unit #109 is located directly across from the pool. No problems with noise or air condit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your added comments! You'll be happy to hear we are in the process of putting wardrobe hooks in all the rooms right now. Thanks to you and some other guests who mentioned this we've decided to act on it. Hope to see you again too!
marion, iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent one night at the Palm Pavilion in May deciding it would be easier to stay in Clearwater as opposed to Tampa before flying out the next day. It is a great location on the beach and right next to several great restaurants. The hotel lobby is pretty old and worn, as are the hallways, but our room was really nice and clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. It only took us 25 min door to door to get to the airport from the Palm. There is no elevator, so if you can get a room on the 1st floor!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just spent 4 days at the Palm Pavilion Inn and enjoyed the stay. The good. Location location location. It's right in the heart of all the beach activity and has a great beach location. You can rent chairs and an umbrella for only $18 a day and it's worth it.Their is a restaurant located on the property and the food was good. They have live music daily. The hotel is older and does not have an elevator so if you have any problems with stairs make sure you are on the first floor. They have on site free parking which is nice and the staff is friendly. I would stay here again.The rooms are small as well as the bathroom and our bathroom door would not close.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Pavilion Inn? Share your experiences!