“The Perfect Clearwater Beach Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Pavilion Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Palm Pavilion Inn
You added Palm Pavilion Inn to your Saves list
18 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Englw
“The Perfect Clearwater Beach Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We came up from just south of Sarasota (1 1/5 hours away) for a 3 day "mini-vacation"! WOW, were we impressed!!! The entire establishment was clean, well maintained and beautifully upgraded! The efficiency room on the second floor was awesome! The staff were professional and friendly and always willing to assist. Working in the hospitality industry ourselves, we tend to be a bit picky but to be honest, we have nothing but positive feedback for this hotel! The restaurant next door was great and so convenient! Everything was in walking distance. We will be back the next time we need a mini-vacation! Great Job Palm Pavilion!!! Thanks for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Listen to me....I live in Florida on the water and many hotels this age smell from past water damage etc... this one was perfect. If you need a elevator there isn't one, but you can ask the front desk and they'll have someone tote your suitcases up to your room - don't forget to tip !!
Many folks staying at the expensive places HAD to walk blocks to the beach we were steps away. The view from the room was BEAUTIFUL. There are no room balconies - but they have a beautiful sundeck on the top where you can see everything. You have your own private sparking spot. Rooms are old florida and small compared to newer hotels - but let's face it - you're not going to the beach to stay in the room. Beautiful stylish bathrooms were clean - clean - clean.
LOVED IT !

Room Tip: I would choose Gulfview! ANd if you're older or not able to walk up stairs easily, choose the f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lewisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

So much to say, so little time! My wife and i had talked for years about staying here because of its proximity to the beach and the Beach bar (she spent her teen year summers in Crystal Beach but we now live in NC) - so we took the dive in October, 2011 for 3 nights. The room was clean and simple with a great view of the beach- the staff was friendly and accommodating, the coffee was great, and we were right in the middle of everything. Stroll down the beach to other shops/hotels/restaurants, walk to Pier 60 for great crafts and music, stroll back along the main road for more shops and stops. its all there. You really dont even need a car! And the sunsets....We were so impressed that we've made it an annual trek and will be returning there in Mid October, 2012 for another 3 nights of paradise without having to pay for it for 3 months after.

Room Tip: the view is better from the upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived Sat for our "girls" weekend and we choose this hotel for our stay. Requested early check-in and they accomadated us with no problems. Rooms are older, but they were clean. Air worked fine. Staff at the Inn were all amazing - so polite, just very friendly. We also asked for late check out this morning and had no problems with that again.

Beach was just a short walk out the front door and past the bar/grill. Food at the Palm Pavilion Beach Bar was also very good.

Price to stay here was very reasonable. We had a really good time and I would recommend this hotel for a reasonably priced weekend right by the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SandiBeech, Manager at Palm Pavilion Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Wonderful!! Come back soon and see us!!
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am extremely happy with my selection of the Palm Pavilion for my Clearwater Beach 3 day vacation. The hotel is 65 steps from the front door of the hotel to the beach entrance (I counted). There is a restaurant/bar ON THE BEACH for fantastic views and sunsets.

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel on or near the beach. If you are looking around for the same type of property, you are probably looking at the Ritz Resort, Beachview Inn, Magnuson, and Pelican Points properties. Please note, those hotels are right next to each other and they are south of pier 60 along the Beach Walk. This means there is a road in front of the hotels between the beach and the hotels. Also, this is a much more active area with bars, noise, etc. Clearwater Beach is a popular spring break destination so read the reviews very carefully. They also look “tired” compared with the Palm Pavilion. When I saw the other properties and their busy location, I was even more satisfied with my choice of the Palm Pavilion.

If you are looking for a more relaxed, peaceful beach vacation where you are in walking distance (or golf cart ride) from all of the loud action, this is the place for you. It has all of the features of the nearby top priced resorts.

General Info:
Free parking, No resort fees, Free Wi-Fi, 65 paces from front door to beach entrance, Extremely comfortable beds and luxurious sheets, Extremely CLEAN, Friendly, accommodating, helpful staff, This property is a few blocks north of Pier 60, Quiet location, No elevator, Pool.

Hotel/Rooms:
This is an Automobile Association of America (AAA) approved hotel and if you are a AAA member, ask for your 10% discount. They also provide discounts to returning guests.

Lobby has coffee, microwave, TV, couches and a dining room style table with about 8 chairs.

Roof top patio with table/chairs and loungers. Great place to watch the sunset with a cool beverage. All rooms have a refrigerator. Some have other amenities.

All resort amenities close by. Mini mart next door including inside Dunkin Donuts, Godfathers pizza and Quiznos. They also sell snacks and beer (no wine.) You can easily walk from the beach to the mini mart to pick up lunch or eat in the Palm Pavilion restaurant.

Across the street is a nail/hair shop, laundromat and small grocery store.

Lounge chairs and umbrellas rent for $10 for 2 hours or $17 for the entire day. You may charge this to your room. Lifeguard stand on the beach is just in front of the hotel.

Pool – It looked fine. I didn’t use it. It is in a perfect location with a building blocking the wind that if the beach was too windy the pool would be a good alternative.

In the area:
This hotel has a restaurant /bar ON THE BEACH with great sunset views.

Across the parking lot is Frenchys – great happy hour bar/restaurant on the beach.

Walking distance to Pier 60, many restaurants, liquor store and a CVS if you need to stock up.

Transportation:
You do not need a car in Clearwater Beach.

Parking is near impossible. If you have a car you will be thankful for the free parking included in your room rate.

There are large golf carts constantly circling. Hail one down. They give “free rides” and only collect “tips” for their service. Many run all hours of the day and night. Get a business card and call for a ride.

The Jolly Trolley is a circulating trolley. There is a stop 1 block from the hotel. The charge is $2 per ride or $4.50 for an unlimited day pass.

This is a perfect family hotel. I stayed in room 103 which is the least expensive room. The only downside was that my room was small. It had a queen sized bed, table and 2 chairs, TV/Dresser, refrigerator and hair dryer. There was not a lot of floor space available. That was fine with me. I was there to go to the beach. I point this out in case you need a large room. With access to the lobby and roof top patio I felt like I had plenty of room. The owners have been investing and updating the hotel over the past few years. As noted in some of the other reviews, the hallway carpet is next on the list to be replaced.

I hope this review helps you make your decision. This was the right place for me. I hope it is for you too!

I hope you find this review helpful.

Room Tip: Note there is no elevator in this hotel. I selected a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Wow, I am impressed with the effort you put into your review of us. Thank you....I am truly grateful for the time you spent making sure others have better information for selecting a property to stay at. Again, thanks :) Hope to see you again in the future!
Mount Holly,Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm a little late writing this review since we were there last June but this place was wonderful so I had to share! It's right there by the beach - they have the Palm Pavilion bar that is oceanfront which will block a lot of the ocean view from the rooms but it was great to have right there as they had music every day & it was a great place to grab lunch or a drink.

Rooms- We stayed in an gulf front/view king room- I think it was 2nd or 3rd floor - their rooms do not have balconies. They do have a viewing deck on the roof though. The rooms are SUPER clean - cleanest room I've ever seen for a place that's beachfront! They're all recently updated as well.

The resort- We didn't use the pool since we hung out on the beach - the beaches are beautiful. They do have free parking for one car- and they are VERY strict on enforcing that only hotel guests park there, it's great & makes you feel at ease. Everyone we came across at the resort was super friendly & helpful. They even helped us with questions on the area since it was our first time to Clearwater. It's right across from Rockaway Grill - it's across the parking lot from there. We walked everywhere- including to the Pier (which is a must see, the Sunset festival they have every night is great, full of vendors & entertainment) You can also catch the "Jolly Trolley" that is close by if you're not up for walking or want to go somewhere further down.

All in all, we'd definitely come back- the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the rooms & the location is why! Oh, and they offer return guest discounts :) Unfortunately we haven't had the chance to use that yet lol

Room Tip: Gulf view rooms- ask for top floor for best view from the room :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful and thorough review! I too am sorry it took so long to respond to your comments. We truly appreciate that you took the time to let other's know of your experience. Hope to see you again in the future!!
Booneville KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a great stay at Palm Pavilion Inn it was steps from the beach and was very clean. It was small but had everything we needed for a short stay. It has a full length mirror inside the closet door or my room did which was a standard ground floor room. The roof deck was nice to watch the sunset.
The bar and grill was nice to eat on the deck but did not like the food or service.We will be back.

Room Tip: There is no eleavator so a ground floor is the best if you are not young.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SandiBeech, Manager at Palm Pavilion Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Great tips for future travelers! Thanks for taking time to post your comments.....hope to see you again soon!

Been to Palm Pavilion Inn? Share your experiences!