“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Pointe Hotel

You added Pelican Pointe Hotel to your Saves list
Pelican Pointe Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   445 Gulfview Blvd S., Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I got here very late and left the next morning, so my review is limited to a very brief experience. Cute little hotel with cute room and comfortable bed. It was nice having 2 "rooms" and an included kitchenette. Breakfast was included the next morning, but I slept too late to get it. Seemed like a good value for location and what you get.

My only complaint is that the air conditioner was a little noisy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Girard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I just came back from a week stay at Pelican Pointe Hotel in beautiful Clearwater Beach. I can't say enough about our week there. The rooms and pool area are very clean. We had a gulfview room which was perfect. We were able to watch the sunset every night from our balcony. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location was great. We were within walking distance to everything... beach, great restaurants and Pier 60. You can't find a better place for the same price. We will definitely go back, and I would strongly recommend Pelican Pointe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

When I first booked this room I was very skeptical! When me and my boyfriend arrived we were greeted and put in our room right away! We have a free mini breakfast every morning and only a couple mins away from the beach! There are great restaurants in walking distance which was awesome for us.. The beach was a public beach but didn't bother us, we are still a young couple. After our 4 day visit I would recommend this place for a short time and younger couples! We had great clean rooms and had a wonderful relaxing vacation!!

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a great hotel. The beach is just across the street. Rooms are clean and the whole place is very well maintained. Pool area is also very nice. There are several places to eat within an easy walk. We did not have a room with a great view but the price and location make up for that.
Be sure and watch the sunsets and check out Pier 60 at sunset for free entertainment, crafts and great view of the sunsets.
Flying to Clearwater and want to got to the beach but left chairs etc behind? Check out the stash of chairs, umbrellas and beach toys behind the elevator near the stairs on the first floor. They are free for guest to borrow.
There are also many tour boats near by at the marina.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Near the top three… Shopping, Eateries, Beach

This hotel is by no means a ‘resort’ but is worth the price. The rooms are very clean and adequate. The staff is pleasant. Be warned – all rooms do not have a great view (our room overlooked the back parking lot). The rooms that overlooked the ocean are not private balconies. The pool is small but again very clean.

The positive:
Very clean, very friendly staff, great location, able to walk to all attractions, price is reasonable, free breakfast set-up every day.

The negative:
The TV remote was old and could not read any of the buttons, our view was really bad, we had no balcony, we arrived early and our room was not ready. The front desk took our cell phone number and said they would call us when the room was ready… we NEVER got that call. The breakfast in the morning is okay but don’t expect to get full.

My complaints far outweigh the positive aspects of this hotel. I would absolutely stay again and recommend this location for a weekend get-a-way. But there are better places to stay if you are planning a week or more vacation.

Room Tip: High floors would be a better view. Dont accept room 219 - only view is the parking lot.
Templeton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After reading reviews of this place I was worried about what I was going to find. Not to worry, this place was very nice. Rooms were clean, employees were very helpful, Melanie, and it was a great location. The beach and restaurants were a very short walk away.
No doubt we will stay here again! Thank you for a very nice visit Pelican Point.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a week this April. The room was clean and spacious with a futon, refrigerator and microwave. I like that the sink was outside the bathroom so one of us could get ready while the other was showering. It had a great balcony that we used for happy hour in the afternoon. The hotel was across the street from the beautiful beach and was close to many nice restaurants that had outside seating. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Aaron actually let us print our boarding passes! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second, third or fourth floor so you won't hear the people at the pool or...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pelican Pointe Hotel? Share your experiences!