“good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Pointe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pelican Pointe Hotel to your Saves list
Pelican Pointe Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   445 Gulfview Blvd S., Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Special Offer
Restaurant Week
Ranked #30 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Paphos
“good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hi My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights and would recommend this hotel, The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the location is good just a few minutes walk to the Beautiful beach of Clearwater where the sand is soft and powdery.

The room was very spacious with a sitting area and the king size bed was very comfortable,we also had a fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The room also had a T,V and was fully airconditioned.

Everything was clean and well presented and overall good value for money. The complimentary breakfast was basic but okay with a choice of healthy cereal bars,pop tarts or muffins and donuts with fresh orange or tea and coffee.

There was free parking on site too and would totally recommend this hotel and would certainly return,

We did use the small pool area which is small but clean and done the job of cooling you down,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Lamar, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We rented 318 for four days/3nights and couldn't be happier. The room was comfy and spacious enough for us. We were able to walk across the street right on to the beach, which has the BEST sunsets ever. We were also within walking distance to all the restaurants and shopping you could possibly need/want. We found our room on flip key for only $70 a night and that included all taxes and fees. NO hidden charges, period. If you plan on staying out late and sleeping in, forget it. You hear everything in this corner room. The ice maker is right outside the door and the echo from it makes it sound like a fire fight right outside the door. That's the only complaint I had and it wasn't bad enough to even really worry about. Enjoy! If we hadn't decided to move down there we would stay there every time.

• Stayed November 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice for a non chain type hotel. I paid for a courtyard room but the window viewed the back alley of a souvenir store that had recently had a fire and it was littered with burnt T shirts. The hotel was not crowded at all and I would think that they would have put me in a different room. The location was wonderful though.

• Stayed November 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The location was perfect...very close to the beach and restaurants. Hotel provided beach chairs and umbrellas. Nice soap and shampoo dispensers, hair dryer, iron. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Views on 3rd and 4th floor are the best. No view of ocean on 1st floor, limited view on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Superb location, very spacious and immaculately clean room, friendly staff. The room amenities were good with a coffee maker and coffee, microwave, fridge and sink. The bathroom was small but perfectly adequate and had a really good shower. Soap, shower gel and shampoo were included along with a hair dryer. The aircon was very good but noisy. We didn't use the pool or go for breakfast so can't comment on those. We stayed for one night, were very happy with our stay and will definitely come here again. We had a gulf view (just) on the third floor with a king bed.

Room Tip: Apparently the gulf view rooms on floors 3 and 4 are the largest suites
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This looks like it's 'just' a hotel, but I'm so glad we stayed there. The staff couldn't be nicer, and the room was very clean and comfortable. It's just across the street from the beautiful beach, and lots of places to eat literally next door and within close walking distance. This place is a gem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had to cancel our reservation with the Pelican Hotel due to the recent Issac storm. I called the hotel the day before we booked for our stay. The hotel manager said that they could give us a full refund, and they would notify Orbitz for us. She also “recommended” us to call Orbitz to inform them. So I called my Orbitz travel agent twice. No answer. I left her 2 messages. Few days later, I found out that they still charged me for the hotel which I never stayed in. I called the hotel and they told me that Orbitz did not confirm with them regarding my cancellation, so they went ahead to charge me for the booking. And they denied telling me that I could get my full refund back. This is very unprofessional and dirty way of making money. I am very upset with their customer service. I do not recommend the Pelican Pointe Sunsational Beach Rentals, Clearwater Beach, FL, US to anybody at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PelicanPointeMgmt, General Manager at Pelican Pointe Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I am very sorry that you did not get to enjoy the wonderful beaches of Clearwater. Orbitz is a fantastic travel agent. It is true that when you book with a outside source, you must cancel through them and are subject to their policies. We are sometimes put in a bad position because only the guest can modify a reservation. It is also important to note that this guest never stayed at our hotel yet she rated our location, rooms, cleanliness, and sleep quality as poor. I can understand the perception of service issues due to the travel agent being involved. But it is completely unfair to rate property that you have never seen in a resort town with a superb location as poor. I wish you the best in your future travels.

Been to Pelican Pointe Hotel? Share your experiences!