“Great lil place” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   415 Hamden Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Great lil place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I been staying at this place for last 4 years very happy with evrithing owners are really friendly I will be back

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I spent 12/25/11-12/29/11 here to get away & to be refreshed by some sun & beach time. I was pleasantly surprised by Jack & Anna. When my tv remote wouldn't work, Anna came to check on it, & Jack had it up & working the next day. (I hadn't come to watch tv anyway, so it was great to have the quiet & do some reading .) Each day we visited while we sat out by the pool, we had some background in common. It was more like visiting with old friends than with someone I had just met. I loved my kitchenette, I ate breakfast in my room and went out for some wonderful seafood for dinner. I opened my bathroom window for some fresh air, & it did get a little cool at night. The RATE is GREAT, the beach is a 2 block walk, or short drive. (Of course the parking is free.) This is a quiet area, off of the main drag. I can't wait to go back again next year!

Room Tip: Larger rooms are across from the pool, quieter area behind the office.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here and I keep coming back because Jack and Anna take great pride in their motel. The location is very convenient, the rooms are clean and overall this is a great value. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Located in the center of everything, dining, beaches, ect... Clean rooms, small kitchenettes with all you need for cooking. Quiet area a block off the main strip. Only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is the decor, linens, and bedding is outdated and the beds could be a little more comfortable but the couple that run it are extremely nice and attentive. Verrrry small pool which was fine with us being we spent most of our days at the beach. Grill was also available for use. Liked the privacy and quiet away from the larger hotels.

• Stayed September 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The location of the motel was good. The room was pretty clean. The rate was pretty affordable. However, there were big missing points at this motel as well:
The management was pretty bad. Whatever you asked them, you only got 2 answers: "I dont know and no". Jack is a really nice guy who always smiles and keeps his positiveness; however, I cannot say the same things for Anna. In addition to the management issues, the "white" towels in the room were almost about to turn into black. Since they are very old, they irritate your skin. Also, since there is no fan in the bathrooms, you should be ready to smell somethings bad in your bedroom area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We only stayed one night unique hotel soo clean and fresh old style Clearwater at it's best. I would not hesitate in recommending this motel. When you have a great reputation to live up to sometimes it's difficult to, but this hotel is everything and more that you would expect from previous great reviews.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We found the owners to be very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in room 7 which had a kitchen in it as well. The price we paid was great in comparison to what other motels around the area charge and having a fridge, microwave and stove make everything easier. Great reviews and a great price makes this place the best bang for your buck. The sheets were clean, as was the rest of the unit. It took us about a 3-5 minute walk to get to the beach. It's not very far at all and you don't have to pay the premium most beachfront motels charge. Overall had a fantastic stay. Just two notes I want to make for other travelers, the pool is more like a hot tub in size so keep that in mind. Also to get WiFi internet we had to be on the front porch outside of the room. This may because our room was the furthest one from the office but just something to consider. There was chairs outside so we did not find it to be a problem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple