“Meet @ Greet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gulfway Inn

Gulfway Inn
You added Gulfway Inn to your Saves list
Gulfway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2275 Gulf to Bay Boulevard, Clearwater, FL 33765 (Formerly Americas Best Value Gulfway Inn)   |
Ranked #62 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Meet @ Greet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

price is right and location is good. we have been coming to the inn for five years. will definitely come next year. pool,spa, very ,nice kitchenette and very safe, owners on site 24 hours close to shopping areas , churches and restaurants

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I wrote a review about the awful experience we had in July at this Hotel & the damage done to my new car. This past month, Mr. Patel, the owner of Gulfway Inn, refunded one nights stay back to my bank account, & the painters gave advice on removal of the paint on my car, & also paid me enough to get my car detailed. I would like to thank both people for trying to resolve this issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I came to Clearwater for a swim meet and again I stayed at this wonderful motel and had a great time there. I had a great non smoking room on the 2nd floor with a very comfortable bed. loved the swimming pool and Jacuzzi! the staff was wonderful! they were very helpful and kind. I highly recommend this wonderful motel!

Room Tip: get a non smoking room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I wasn't going to write anything, but I'm mad as hell. We stayed at Gulf Way Inn from 7-26-13 to the 29th. Drove 700 miles to get there & pre paid thru Travelocity online. (Travelocity is GREAT!!) When we got to hotel, the Mgr says I needed to pay $30 more because online company didn't charge me enough. Not thinking from being so tired, I paid it. We got to room & sewer was backed up in tub & whole room stunk!! Good thing I carry Lysol & my own sheets & towels. Mgr says there is plumbing problem & he directed everyone to use an "open" room until plumber got there 2 hrs later. Roofers were spray painting the roof for 2 days just above our room, so Mgr tells us to park across the other side of the driveway. Needless to say, we are now getting madder by the minute. I demanded my $30 back & reported it to travelocity. We got up to go to the beach & discovered that our brand new $40,000 burgandy car had white overspray all over it!! I am livid by now & confront the Mgr yet again. It takes 2 days for him to get in touch with roofers. We never did get that mess resolved. I contacted my bank & put in a dispute claim to get all my money back from this nightmare. I am STILL waiting to hear from Mgr on who is going to pay for this paint fiasco!! The ONLY reason we didn't go elsewhere is because we didn't have enough money or time to find another hotel. It was my husband's birthday & we were all so upset. On top of everything else, we found a crawling roach on the wall & the neighbors child got ate up really bad with bed bugs!! Thank God I took pictures of everything!! I am ready to sue for car damages. There was also a domestic dispute on top floor & cops arrived. Lady had a broken arm. Hope she is ok. This was a hurry up trip for us & we tried to save a buck. NEVER AGAIN! I will pay extra for a cleaner place. It looked nice in their online ad, but oh my were we shocked. The only plus was that it was 10 min from the beach where we spent 90% of our time. This Mgr / Roofing Company needs to reimburse us for our car damage NOW!! They also don't supply a coffee pot for 4 adults in a double room! One side of bed leaned towards floor real bad & room was supplied with towels for 2 instead of reserved 4 people. I have learned my lesson. If this Mgr can't do the upkeep on this hotel, then call me & I will run it for you!! At least it will be spotless & there will be GOOD reviews, & I have experience!!! Through all this, we still want to move to Clearwater. It is a very beautiful place to spend a vacation. Just wish the circumstances were better at hotel. So if you decide to stay here, just take your own cleaning supplies & bedding. And if you pre pay, just know that you PAID IN FULL. Mgr can't charge you more money! Good luck!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tonawanda, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our stay at Gulfway Inn was prepaid, for a double bed/kitchenette, (4 people/1child who was free) & was charged an additional $78.00 at end of stay. I had no problem with paying for my brother who visited a few nights, but not $78.00, & the owner's explanation was ridiculous. We had to purchase coffee pot & toaster that was promised for our room. The rooms were clean but carpets were filthy, made our feet black. The key cards were very hard to use. The pool was very clean & dispite heavy traffic, our stay was quiet & comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I met friends in Clearwater and we decided to stay here. This is an older motel but run well and very affordable. Breakfast is coffee and pre-packaged pastries so you may want to go to the restaurant (nearly) next door which was very good and inexpensive. Not a place I would especially want to go back to but I wouldn't avoid it either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked this motel as we wanted something cheaper than the hotels on the beachfront. We knew that it was a cheaper type motel and our expectations were set accordingly. We got there and got into the office to check in... it smelt really bad and the guy behind the counter (the owner i suspect) was not that friendly and had really bad English which made the check in process tedious. We then went to our room and it smelt musty like if it had not been aerated for months. We had a small kitchen as we wanted to cook some meals while there. We opened the kitchen cupboards and found 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 knives and 2 bowls of different sizes. There was no dishwashing liquid so who knows how we were meant to clean our dirty dishes and who knows if they were clean in the first place as the previous customer would have had the same problem.
The beds seemed clean and we slept well on them. The air con was fairly old and noisy but this didn't disturb us.
Breakfast was included in the price as stated on the booking website... well, i don't call this a breakfast. It was made up of packaged danish pastry (very average) and a coffee. There was no room to have breakfast in. In other words, don't tell your customers you'll get breakfast if it consists of 1 very average item
All in all, not a great experience and there are far better motels for the same price.

Room Tip: try another motel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gulfway Inn? Share your experiences!