“Delicious lunch with BFF with water view!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 591 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don't miss our world-famous "1905" SaladTM, named “One of America’s Top 10 Best Salads” by the Salad Guy – Wiley Mullins in USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Seminole, Florida, United States
“Delicious lunch with BFF with water view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Have been to Ybor City and the former The Pier locations. Always excellent service and delicious food. This location didn't disappoint. Thanks to reading other reviewer, we started with a pitcher of white sangria that server Jessica prepared table side, it was refreshing and delicious! My friend had the Spanish Bean Soup and I had the Gazpacho, both delicious. Then came the Lobster Croquettes and Scallops Casamiro, both were fantastic, wonderful for sopping up the delicious sauces with their melt-in-your-mouth Cuban bread. We will make this a regular spot.

• Visited June 2014

virginia
“Excellent choice for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were visiting and a local recommended this restaurant. We had an outside table overlooking the water - very pleasant. They accommodated our small dog too with water and lots of attention.
The food was incredible and lots of it. Their Cuban sandwich and famous 1905 salad combo is a lot of food and we ended up taking a lot home.The black bean soup is wonderful, and the El Floridita daiquiri so very different and refreshing. I think I would do the salad alone if I go back, which I would often if I lived anywhere near this place. The service was great also. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Tampa, Florida
“consistantly very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been to 3-4 different Columbia restaurants in the area.
this one is in scenic location, close to home, excellent wait staff, very good food and sangria! make reservations as not always easy to get in!

Visited May 2014
Coral Springs, Florida
“Clean restaurant, fresh food & great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

If you have a chance do not miss visiting Columbia. While staying at the Marriott right next door we had lunch. The Cuban sandwich was very good. Excellent fresh made Cuban bread. My wife had their famous 1905 salad which is named after the year the original restaurant in Tampa was started. The salad is made at table side with very fresh salad ingredients. I'm not normally a salad guy but this was delicious. I will get it the next time. Lunch was made even better because of our server, Nick. Great guy.

We returned in the evening for appetizers at the bar. The barmaid, Lori, was wonderful. Very nice and helpful in explaining all of the apps.

• Visited June 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
“An Experience To Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I booked our reservation many weeks in advance to make sure we were not disappointed during our trip to Clearwater Beach.

The Spanish and tapas-like menu offers much variety and many unique selections one does not often see. I had the ribs (yummy) and a large salad and several other small-plate selections. The views of the coast were wonderful and relaxing. The waiters are well trained in their art and very knowledgeable in the various menu selections.

The decor takes you back in time. I felt as if I was in Old Havana in the early 1950's. I hated to leave. Great experiences are to be treasured for as long as possible.

J. Randolph Smith