“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 556 Restaurants in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don't miss our world-famous "1905" SaladTM, named “One of America’s Top 10 Best Salads” by the Salad Guy – Wiley Mullins in USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
New Kent, Virginia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Columbia never fails to impress. The dinner started out just perfect with a terrific waitress, Brooke. She made our dinner a special one. We were out for our last night on vacation. We were a family of four, the kids are 12 and 14. Brooke was attentive to the kids as well as the adults. The meals were outstanding as always. We have never had a dish that we would not have again. I can't get my son past the Cuban sandwich, and I admit it is delicious.
Our dinner and experience was fantastic. Columbia is one of our favorite restaurants.

• Visited August 2013

Someset, KY
“Just As Good The Second Time Around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our second trip to a Columbia Restaurant. The first one we ate at on St. Armand's Square in Sarasota, FL. We started tonight's experience with a fresh made pitcher of Sangria. Perfect. My wife and son had a cup of Spanish Bean Soup which was quite good. For our main entrees my wife had the Chicken Salteado ($19) and I had the La Completa Cubana. My dish was a sampling of roasted beef, port, plantains, yucca root, yellow rice, black beans and an empanada. Both of our entrees were excellent! I found the key to my dish was marrying the meat with the right vegetable or rice mixture. For instance, the more delicate pork went exceptionally well with the sweet fried plantains. My wife and I shared a White Chocolate Bread Pudding for dessert while my son had the Churros. The bread pudding, although good, was not the best I've ever had. I would have expected more rum in the rum sauce. The waiter was very attentive and accommodating. We sat next to the window and had a bay view. The restaurant inside was very nice. Where the Sarasota restaurant had an open air feel and was quite crowded, this one had plenty of room and seemed to be a bit fancier. Our meal with dessert and a pitcher of Sangria came to $96 before tip. All in all, fair price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Service. Excellent Food. Perfect Date.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came to Columbia for the first time when it was pouring rain outside and we arrived late for the Flamenco dance show we planned to see in the dining room. The host was so gracious to allow us to "peek" at the show - which really let us see more than 20 mins of it - and then didn't even charge us extra because he said we had missed most of the show. The dancers were a fun treat and we really enjoyed the show. The food was AMAZING. I got fish. My husband had chicken. I highly recommend the dirty rice, their salads and pretty much anything else on the menu. Our entire party of 7 were all pleased with their meals and the variety of well seasoned dishes. The waitress was friendly and had a good sense of humor, helped us to pick out our meals and patiently waited on us and kept our glasses full. We recommend this place to others and will definitely be back again. The restaurant could be perfect for a fancy dinner date or just a night with friends. It's a beautifully designed Spanish vintage decor that will suit either dress down or dress up. You make it the night you want!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and meal at Columbia. I just want to note that your review is for our Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, a sister to our Columbia Sand Key location on Clearwater Beach. Our Flamenco dance show is only offered at our Ybor City location. Our Sand Key location offers indoor and outdoor waterfront seating.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my husband are still talking about this place even after few days... we went during our labor day vacation, and will definitely go back and recomend to everyone, service was outstanding, had to wait about 20 min, but we hung out at the deck and enjoyed the view in the meantime. We got a table outside which we were hoping for. Best views while having dinner, We started with a sangria and calamari, best calamari we have ever had! Kids went with the cuban sandwich and fruit. Delicious! My husband got the filete and gambas (steak and shrimp) and I got the Mahi Mahi Varadero, food was exquisite, no words to describe the amazing flavors, these people really know how to cook!! Presentation was awesome. We finished with the guava dessert, and left happy. It is a little pricey for the area but it is worth going, I wished they opened one in NC! Forgot to mentioned everyone gets some fresh out of the oven cuban bread portion with butter! yum

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Old school charm one way, turn around and you're looking out at the bay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great food, attentive staff and wonderful food in both appearance and taste.Do yourself a favor and sit at the bar for lunch. If you face the inside of the restaurant it's air -conditioned spin around and the whole back of the place is open with a beautiful view of the bay . Best of both worlds. How they pay for the cooling cost is beyond me because it only costs as much as an inland place.