“Ideal for a couple!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Quebec City, Canada
“Ideal for a couple!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

When we got there, the owner Ulli, want so nice! Helpful, generous and accomodating.
At this Motel, you can fine BBQ, bikes, pool, even chairs that were left there...so when you arrive by plane, you a very happy to have them to go to the beach (walking about 7 minutes!)
No it is not the Hilton but it is not what we were looking for...Something just so cute and were we feel like family!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Nice little Floridian motel with tropical landscaping. The owner/manager was very nice and accomodating. Nice clear and clean pool with toys for the kids. Plenty of BBQ grills, tables and chairs. Rooms could use a deep cleaning but nothing to lose sleep over. The motel doesnt appear to have ever been updated and was probably built in the 50's or 60's. The only real downfall is that the windows / walls are very thin and when you are in the room you can literally hear people talking and swimming around the pool. Its not a bad thing unless your trying to sleep. They got those old paper thin turn crank windows that don't really seal shut. Also, window unit AC units. Something is going on with the phones there?? Every time i tried to call out it said "all lines busy??" They have flatscreen TV's, free WIFI, and plenty of parking. It is a really nice little place for the money and the location is great. I will be back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thame, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Myself and my husband arrived in Clearwater for our first visit to this area of Florida on a Saturday evening which meant that many motels had no vacancy signs up. By chance we spotted Amber Tides with vacancy sign and I went on in and met Ulli - the very helpful manager. He explained that thenew owners also owned the Sta and Pla Motel 100 yards along the road where there had been a total modernisation and there was a room vacant to suit what we wanted. The room had been newly decorated and furnished and was nicely secluded. Ulli apologised for the builders who were finishing all of the other rooms but we soon became friends with them and for the 5 nights that we were there we were never disturbed. The rates were good value and these rooms back onto a very scenic waterway with boardwalk and pier - apparently several boats will be available for use in the future when the new owners have finished the renovations. The beach is only a short walk away and parking is ample. The area is very peaceful and we are already planning our next visit - next time we hope to book one of the new rooms with a kitchenette which look very nice. Overall very clean and just what you need if you are on a beach holiday at Clearwater's amazing pristine beaches.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have stayed at many high-end hotels, and Amber Tides is my kind of place. I was in town for a conference at the Sheraton on Sand Key (which was $149/night, plus tax, for the conference discount; I think regular rate is around 225/night), but didn't want to spend all of my money on the hotel and my family was to be joining me and we wanted a refrigerator, microwave, etc. If you are a 5-star hotel kind of person, then don't waste your time. This isn't a 5-star hotel, but let me tell you, I think what you get is better than getting "lost" at the big hotels. Ulli, the owner, is available at all times, and goes out of his way to help in suggesting restaurants, providing beach chairs and toys, and is as involved in your stay as you want him to be. Personally, I knew I would be busy with the conference, and I never needing anything other than an iron. You can walk 2 blocks to the beach, or stay at the hotel and enjoy the pool and greenery that surround you. I never heard and noise, and I stayed alone for 4 nights, but felt very safe and secure. This reminds me of the mom and pop motels, and sure, it could use some updating in some areas of the rooms, but overall it is clean, affordable, and just what you need for a beach vacation. FYI, the bed was so comfortable, as were the sheets. I stayed in room#6, similar to a 1 bedroom apartment. The king bed fit myself, my spouse, and our 6 yr old daughter. Ulli offered an inflatable mattress, but we didn't need it. I would return in a heartbeat. As we were leaving, room #9's door was open, so we peeked in. I might request this room next time.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a king bed with a full kitchen, in which you can shut the door to the bedroom and bathroo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the past few days in Clearwater Beach and I couln't wait to get home to write a review. I am huge believer in Trip Advisor and have used the reviews to choose my accomodations in many cities and countries.

I am here to tell you the Amber Tides Motel is a great place to stay if you don't mind older places with charm and prefer to spend your money on other things besides your hotel room.

Pros: Free parking, no waiting in lines to check in, check out, plenty of chairs around the pool, less than a 5 minute walk to the beach, kitchen and full fridge in our rooms, the manager is always around or a phone call away, and the people who stay there are very friendly.

Cons: I did not find anyting wrong with the place. However, if you need gardent tubs, valet and etc. this is not the place for you. I could hear some people talking outside one morning, but we turned on the ac and it blocked it out.

We flew in for a wedding at the Hyatt where the blocked room rate was more than 220 without taxes and resort fees per night, and that does not even include parking. We called to let the manager know our plane was rerouted and would not be checkin in till after 2 am. He made sure the light was on and everything was ready for us as soon as we arrived. We needed an iron, he provided one. The pool was one of my favorite parts about the hotel. It has lush vegetation around it and feels nice and secluded. We practically had the entire pool to ourselves, with the exception of another couple. They had plenty of rafts, pool toys and etc. It was a fantastic place.

I was worried about the sheets, b/c someone wrote something about them being old or scratchy, but that was NOT our case. I thought they were just fine. :)

I suggest you give this place a try and spend your money on excursions or horse surfing like we did!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed in this motel last summer. Decent rooms, clean beds and bathrom. Kitchen with all what you need (how much time do you spend cooking beeing on vacation ?). Excellent swimming pool AND the most important the motel is very close to the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place suited me perfectly.

The Amber Tides is a smaller older style Florida motel located a few blocks from Pier 60. The location is in a somewhat quieter spot…no drunks wandering out of bars and such…but within easy walking distance of the full Clearwater Beach experience.

Some of the positive attributes…

Clean rooms.
Self contained units with fridge, stove, microwave, LCD TV.
Excellent water pressure, with hot water that is actually hot!
Free Wi-Fi with good reception.
Wonderful pool surrounded and partially shaded by plants and trees.
Good rates.

A special thanks to Ulli for providing such a friendly and relaxing environment…

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Amber Tides Motel? Share your experiences!