“Volcano Gator and Oysters” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 591 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Description: Enjoy our Beautiful Sunsets and Fresh Local Seafood on our outside patio or in air conditioned comfort. Happy Hour 11-7pm and Great Drink Specials!
Iowa
“Volcano Gator and Oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I give the restaurant a 3 and the alligator and oysters a 5. If you like HOT try the Volcano Gator with Inferno Sauce. YUM! The oysters were fresh and tasty too. But they had just gotten new menus on the day we were there and our server didn't seem to know much about it. She did a so-so job of giving some suggestions, and kept wanting to walk away while we decided what we wanted, like she didn't want to give us any info about the menu. That bugs me. As far as I know everyone liked their food. I got the fish tacos, and they were slightly above average. Our server told us all the food was frozen except the grouper. We like grouper but had already had it a few times in the past two days so we wanted to try something else. The restaurant is lively, with a fisherman theme.

Visited February 2014

Syracuse, New York
“Awesome experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

There is so much food to choose from that it makes it hard to decide but everything looks delicious especially if you love any type of seafood. Also, they have awesome piña coladas! I HIGHLY recommend one.

Springfield, Minnesota
“visited several times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

good food, good service, good drinks. nothing to complain about. We ate here about 3 times on our vacation because close to our hotel and good food!!

Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had another great experience! Our server Evana was outstanding!!! She was so helpful and accomodating to my food allergy, taking extra care to ensure that I was able to enjoy my dinner without any stressors! Started with the gator bites. They are great! not overly battered, and very moist! They were cooked perfectly! I had the grouper po'boy--if you haven't had it yet, you are missing out! It's amazing! My gentleman companion had the fried grouper sandwich, and he enjoyed it very much as well!
Only negative thing I would say is that the alcoholic drinks on the menu are only pictures, and no descriptions. Wish there was a drink menu!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had dinner in crabby bills last night.The hostess was very friendly and we were seated rather quickly.Our waiter Larry was very professional and funny.He gave us very good recommendations.We will most certainly be back.Thank you for a wonderful night.:)

• Visited February 2014