“SO many issues and problems.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 615 Restaurants in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Sushi, Eclectic
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Troy, Michigan
“SO many issues and problems.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have to say that I have eaten in this restaurant more than a dozen times in the last 7 years. I was not disappointed until this trip and they did everything wrong all in one trip. I was with business clients and one of the people had an eating restriction. We asked the waiter for help we were met with an attitude of not caring. When the manager he came over it was even worse. He could care less about the restrictions my associate had.

The table was uneven and the waiter got on the floor to level the screw-out disk to stabilize the table. The issue is he came off his hands and knees and grabbed the wine bottle and filled our glasses without washing his hands. As I sat in this new décor I noticed several things had changed. The sushi workers did not wear gloves. When it came time for our sushi to arrive it went to the next table and sat there for three minutes or more until the waiter was called over and he picked up the plate from the other table and brought it directly to our table. It is clear that more than the décor has changed. I traveled from Detroit to find below average service and food quality that was not worth the money. Then the heath issues ….. All I can say is stay clear there are so many other great choices.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Gorgeous place, like being in a museum without being intimidating. Service in all ways was impeccable. Food was also perfect - shrimp, grouper, decadent dessert. Even the coffee was particularly tasty. Great selection of wine. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about their menu and the flavors in the dishes. Get the smashed potatoes! To die for. Overall terrific experience and we will go back again.

Visited January 2012
Ohio
“Flawless, every aspect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were seated outside on the patio with a view of the bay. Our server was very attentive to our food allergies to ensure our dining experience was perfect. It was a little chilly so we moved closer to one of the heaters including changing tables. No problem. We had the stone crab which was delightful. Very non intrusive staff. We could have stayed all evening. Upon departure, the valet thought our cab was taking too long to arrive and drove us back to our hotel himself. Outstanding...the entire experience. Thank you for a wonderful evening. We will be back!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A very nice Xmas Eve meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We had a very nice meal on Xmas Eve. The service was great except for one glitch. They forgot to put in the order for my meal. By the time I got my food every one was done eating. They apologized, brought me a nice glass of wine and dessert for the people in our party that didn't have dessert included in their meal. Everyone's food was excellent but mine was just OK. I think that by rushing it they missed something. I had that dish twice before and this past time it wasn't quite up to par. We will still go back because it's really good food and a great patio.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Small but great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The Grill was busy when we visited and generally has had an increase in customers since the release of the "Dolphin Tale" movie. There is a limited amount of table space, we were lucky and sat outdoors in the warm sunshine. The food was fresh and delicious!

Visited December 2011